login instructions for 192.168.1.2 wireless network extenders.
192.168.1.2 Wi-Fi repeater
Wi-Fi repeaters, also known as range extenders, are devices that connect to your existing wireless network present at your home and extend its range further beyond what it originally was. Normally if you own a house with multiple rooms and especially if the walls of your home are thick then it would probably have occurred to you that the range of your existent router does not reach all corners and hence creates problems such as Wi-Fi dead spots. To counter this we use range extenders or network repeaters. These devices have a pre-defined IP address that can be used to do a lot of things. Such is the 192.168.1.2 default IP address. It allows you to connect to the settings page of your extender and set it up. We shall get to that in a minute. Let’s looks at the default names and passwords of the 192.168.1.2 extenders and routers.
192.168.1.2 default username and password.
To go to the setup page of your extender you will need to use the IP address mentioned above. We shall discuss that later. When you get to the login page by using the default IP address 192.168.1.2 then you will see a simple login page. Here you can login by using one of the default admin names and passwords mentioned below. The 192.168.1.2 default user names and passwords can differ from device to device but they won’t be anything outside the list mentioned below.
Admin name – password
root – admin123
admin – admin
(blank) – 1234
Admin – 1234
root – root
(blank) – admin
admin – (blank)
This list can be used to login to the 192.168.1.2 setup page when the extender device is in factory settings and is being set up for the first time. Let’s see how you can reach the setup page in order to login to setup your device. The 192.168.1.2 admin page can be reached by following the steps in the next heading.
192.168.1.2 login instructions for wireless network extenders.
So, let’s take it that you brought home your first Wi-Fi repeater and are trying to set it up. There are a couple of things that you will need to do.
- Take out your device and connect it to an outlet so it gets powered on and stabilizes.
- Connect the network it is airing to your computer
- Open your browser and type http://192.168.1.2 in your address bar.
- Make sure that you type it correctly. If you type it incorrectly such as www.192.168.1.2 or even http192.168.1.2
- The setup page will open up on your browser.
- Here use the 192.168.1.2 default username and password mentioned above to log in to the page.
- Follow the instructions and enter all the credentials of your router so that your extender device will be able to connect to it and then in turn extend its range and eliminate dead spots.
- Next, disconnect your device and connect it in a place where you want the network of your device to be extended to. Problems solved.
- You have hence completed your 192.168.1.2 extender setup.
Now let’s go ahead and take a look at some of the frequently asked questions regarding the given 192.168.1.2 IP address
192.168.1.2 not working
If you encounter such a problem where you are not able to access the 192.168.1.2/setup page then you will have to check into a few things that might be of concern.
- Check if the device is connected to the computer with a stable connection with the extender.
- An unstable connection will not let your computer access the 192.168.1.2 login page. This can be solved by simply making it into a wired connection using an ethernet cable and the given ethernet ports. This will ensure a stable connection. If you don’t have an ethernet cable then make sure that the 192.168.1.2 extender is placed in range of your computer to stabilize the connection.
- Make sure that computers firewall is not blocking off the 192.168.1.2 default IP address. Sometimes, the firewall may tend to block off the access to the Setup page. For that not to happen and get in the middle of the setup you might want to get rid of the firewall or turn it off for some time.
- Lastly, check that you type in http://192.168.1.2 in the correct manner so that it redirects you back to the 192.168.1.2 admin page. If you type it in incorrect ways then you may see that you will not get redirected. You cannot type it in as www.192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.2/setup. Anything in the wrong format will not allow you to get to the admin page.
- If the problem still persists, try resetting your device back to its factory settings or simply updating the firmware of the device to help it solve the issues. The way to do these shall be in the frequently asked questions pertaining to the 192.168.1.2 default IP address.s
How to complete the 192.168.1.2 router setup?
If your router seems to have the 192.168.1.2 default IP address then you can use it to go the setup page the same way you did with the extender. Follow the same steps. Simply connect your router to the power outlet and let it stabilize. Then use the 192.168.1.2 default admin name and password to connect to the network via your personal computer. After that open up your computer’s browser and type in http://192.168.1.2 in the address bar and from there you already know what to do.
What are the functions of 192.168.1.2/setup page?
The setup page can be used for a few more things other than just setting up the device. For starters, the device’s setting can be changed using the 192.168.1.2 admin page. By logging in you will be able to change the 192.168.1.2 default admin name and password. Apart from the you will be able to run the 192.168.1.2 factory reset.
In a simple way, you will need to keep your device connected to your computer and reach the admin page and login. After this you will need to find the reset to factory settings option and this will trigger up the reset process. You can also do it manually by simply pressing and holding the device’s reset button present on it.
How to install 192.168.1.2 firmware update?
You will need to keep your device connected to your computer. Then you can go to your computer’s web browser and type in http://192.168.1.2 which will redirect you to the admin page. Here you will be able to find the firmware updates option. After that you will be able to find a button that says “search for firmware updates”. When you press that it will show you a list of updates to be installed. You can then choose the option to download and install to do it right then and there.
How to use the 192.168.1.2 troubleshooter?
The device will sometimes have small time issue that can be solved by using the troubleshooter. This is a feature available on the 192.168.1.2 admin page. By logging in to the admin page, you can trigger the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will then, look for all the problems and then look for solutions for them. The final list will then be shown to you. You can choose to apply the solutions which should be able to solve the problems for you. A lot of the issues related to 192.168.1.2 not working can be diffused by wither resetting the device back to its factory setting and also by downloading and installing the firmware updates as they have a major number of bug fixes in them.
How to check 192.168.1.2 ping and DNS settings.
You will be able to check your 192.168.1.2 ping in a simple way. If you have Microsoft windows then you will be able to do this using the command prompt, by typing a set of commands. Simply open up your computer and connect to your 192.168.1.2 device and then open up your command prompt. The first command would be “ipconfig”. This will pop up the IP address of your router, which in this case, you already happen to know. Then simply type the command ping/192.168.1.2 which will show you the pings sent back by the 192.168.1.2 default IP address of your router or your extender.
What is 192.168.1.2 DNS?
The DNS or domain name service is a program that converts the website addresses that you type into your web browsers address bar into IP addresses of the servers of the websites to make it easier for your computer to understand and make a connection with the website. In the network and sharing center, click on your 192.168.1.2 extender setup to go into DNS settings. Here you will be able to check as well as make changes to the DNS settings of the extender and router as well.