The abode security is a do-it-yourself(DIY) wireless smart security system that keeps you and your home, apartment, and office safe. It delivers powerful and safe security with a broader range of sensors. This smart security kit has a powerful sensor, With which you can be confident that it will protect your home. This security kit includes cameras, motion sensors, alarms, and more. You can connect 160 smart networking devices and quickly control them from the palm of your hand. The abode smart security kit includes Gateway, Motion sensor, Key fob, Mini door sensor. Usually, it is an indoor and outdoor security camera. You can use this camera for surveillance indoor and outdoor of your home.
The installation of the abode security system is easy. You can install the security system manually. Quickly access the security system with the web and mobile. Surveillance your home security system anywhere in the world and instantly take action on your iPhone or smartphone.
The setup of the abode security system is secure with the abode app. You quickly monitor and control your security system with the abode app. This security system works with Google Home, Alexa, and Apple HomeKit.
Features of the Abode Smart Security Kit
The abode security system easily connects your mobile phone that you simply monitor and then take action. There are many networking features of this security system with which you can use it easily. These features are as given below.
- Two-way voice communication with VOIP: The abode security system has a built-in speaker and microphone that provides two-way audio. The voice-over-internet protocol(VOIP) only supports voice.
- Ethernet or wifi connection: The Abode security system works with a wifi network. This security system has a pairing button, with this button the security kit is easily connected to the wifi. In the other words, the LAN port is where you can connect the security system to the wifi network with the ethernet cable.
- Built-in Motion sensor: The Motion sensor is there in the security kit. With this sensor, this security system easily detects motion like detecting the motion of a person going or coming.
- Compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa: The Abode smart security system is seamlessly compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Control your smart device with your voice.
- 4G SIM card and SD card included: The 4G SIM card and SD are also included in the Abode security system. The 4G SIM card also provides the wi-fi network to the security system. The SIM and SD slots are there on the backside of the security system.
Installation steps of the Abode Smart Security Kit
If you also use the abode security system in your home then you should firstly install this system. Without installation, you cannot use this security system. There are some given below installation steps of the security systems.
- Primarily, you can utilize some components such as Knife, scissors, and more. Then, unbox the packaging box of the security system.
- Now, confirm all the Abode security system accessories such as Abode gateway, Ethernet cell, optional cell, Motion sensor, siren, Door/window sensor, and keyfob.
- You can connect your security camera to the main power and wi-fi router.
- Take a provided Ethernet cable and then attach the smart security system to the wi-fi router. You can use both ends of this cable and then carefully attach it to the LAN port of the wifi router and security system.
- Then, connect the power adapter to the main power supply, but this power supply is working. And then connect the power cable to the power DC port of this security system.
- Make sure the Abode security system battery installation is properly.
- You can turn ON the security camera through the power ON/OFF button.
- Also, in case if you face wifi connectivity then we recommend you to setup netgear r6700ax wifi router. This is best router which will cover your entire house with wifi. Along with this for better result you can setup lisopo wifi extender.
Thus, the process of Abode security system installation is surely done. Afterward, quickly do the setup of this smart security kit without any cable and CD.
Manual of the Abode security system
The abode security camera is an absolutely secure and flexible wireless camera. This security system is the best solution to protect your home and office. You can place the security camera anywhere in your home and enjoy the benefits. If you want to thoroughly use the Abode smart security kit then you should verify how does abode security system work, how to install abode security system, its specification, model number, and others. Then you can use the Abode security system manual. This manual is usually small and all the information is there such as abode security model number is 103000/D; connectivity technology of this security system is wireless; Motion sensor, Gateway, Key fob, Mini door sensor components included; and 1 Lithium Metal batteries are also included; works with the Amazon Alexa, Zigbee, Apple home kit and google assistant; and others.
Configure/Setup the abode smart security kit with the Abode app
The Abode security system accessories are wirelessly and you can quickly set up this system with any wire and CD. The Abode app is really helpful to do the abode security system setup. You can install this app on your smartphone and then do all the settings. The security camera setup with the Abode app is given below.
- To set up the Abode security camera, you can launch the app store and Google play store on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Then, search the Abode app. After that, install or download the Abode app.
- Now, open the abode app and then tap the Login/Sign up section. Then, create the account with a valid username ID and password. If you already account then you can Abode security system Login.
- Then, pop up a page, in this page tap “+icon” and then add the smart security system to the Abode app.
- After that, connect the Abode security camera to the wi-fi network. For this, enter the network name and password, and hit “activate your account”.
- Presently, a page is prompt you can enter Full name, address, city, state, and phone number. After input, these details hit the section “continue”.
- Enter the activation key code 6 digits in the Gateway activation column.
- Then, connect your security camera to the sensor. To set up the sensor you can tap the section “ Windsor A or Door”.
- Now choose whether it will be a window or door sensor.
- Then, set up the motion camera. For this, you can insert the battery panel in the battery panel. After that, install the battery in the motion sensor.
- Mount the camera and then take a photo for testing.
- Eventually, hit the button “Finish” and the setup is complete.
The steps of the Abode security system configuration are surely finished. You seamlessly use this security camera anywhere in the whole home. If anyone comes to your home then get the alert notification on your mobile phone.
Troubleshooting tips for Abode smart security camera
Many times the Abode security camera is not capturing the photo and recording video or other problems. Then there are some helpful troubleshooting steps to solve all the problems. This step is absolutely to solve security system-related problems.
- The Abode security camera does not capture the photo or nor record the video then you can clean your camera with a dry cloth and verify your security system is charged. You can use a power cable and then charge the camera.
- If the abode security system not connecting to the wifi then you should confirm your security camera is within the internet router range. Sometimes the wireless connection fails, then you can take an ethernet cable and then connect the security system to the internet router.
- The Abode security camera system not recording then you can reboot your security camera. You hold the power button and then reboot your security camera.
- Should upgrade the security camera firmware through the web browser. Use the camera’s IP address and then upgrade the firmware.
- To fix the security camera problem you can use the reset button and then reset the security camera. And then you can do all settings again on the Abode smart security kit.
Review of Abode security system
In my scenario, the Abode smart security kit review is, the security camera is an amazing wireless camera because this camera includes many components such as Key fob, a Mini door sensor Gateway, a Motion Sensor, and a security camera. The installation is simple, you can self-install the security system with the provided accessories. The abode wireless security system works with a battery, this battery is rechargeable that works seamlessly for up to 12 hours. The window/door sensor is also included in this system and it is at 1.2 by 3.2 by 0.8 inches. The setup of the security system is reliable, no CD or wire is required. You just install the abode app and then do the setup. The Abode security camera works with Amazon Alexa that means hands-free control of your camera. Thus, the Abode wireless smart security kit is the best security kit as compared to others.
Is the abode security camera compatible with Alexa?
Yes, the abode security system is compatible with Amazon Alexa. That means you can do hands-free control on your device. With Amazon Alexa, you can quickly operate your security system.
Can I change the camera login password after login?
To change the password, you can click “open webpage” and then enter the IP address. Afterwards, enter the default password and username. Then, click the option password and enter a new password. Click the section save.
Does the abode security camera work without the internet?
The ethernet cable connection actually stays connected as compared to wifi. The abode security camera does not work without an internet or wi-fi network. The 2.4 GHz radio frequency is required.
How do I fix the Abode security camera problem?
Yes of course, you can quickly fix the problem of the Abode security camera. You can use the power ON/OFF button to turn off your system. After 2-3 minutes you can turn ON the security system.
Can I check the Abode security system firmware and upgrade?
Yes, you simply check the Abode security camera firmware update. For this, you can use the camera’s IP address, and then the setting page is pop-up. On the setting page, you can click the firmware option. And then check the firmware, if the firmware update version is available then you can upgrade with the firmware file.
How do I factory reset my abode wireless outdoor smart camera?
To reset the security camera you can remove the power cable to the security camera. You can use a paperclip or PIN and then hold the WPS button. After some seconds you can release the PIn and your Abode outdoor smart camera reset.