Undoubtedly the Linksys wifi range extender provides great wireless networks and strong signal strength. If you set it up according to the manual then there is very little chance that you might face any problem. But sometimes the Linksys extender does not perform according to your wish and the problem starts irritating you. There are several issues with the extender that disturb you a lot and one of the common problems is when the admin password is not working Linksys wifi extender appropriately. Additionally, it shows an error when you access the login page and type its default password.
After the setup, when you visit the login page of the Linksys wifi extender then it requires the wireless password. By default, the password is admin when you access the login page for the first time. It is always recommended to the users to change the password of the Linksys extender for security reasons. So in this post, we’ll show you how to change the password here and what to do when the admin password is not working Linksys wifi extender.
Why is the admin password not working Linksys wifi extender?
As you know the login of the Linksys extender allows you to configure the settings of the device. Also, it allows you to access the old settings as well so that you can change them. But sometimes, the users may experience issues while accessing the login page of the extender into its admin password. Perhaps, there are various reasons why the admin password is not working for the Linksys extender. The issues can happen due to some of the following reasons.
- When the Linksys extender is not able to connect to the mediocre router.
- Sometimes the wifi network fails to connect to the wifi-enabled devices.
- Might be the Linksys extender unable to connect to the home network.
- Sometimes the extender fails to detect
Initially, ensure that you have tried accessing the setup of the web page by using the Linksys range extender. You can also use the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in spite of using extender.linksys.com.
Quick Fix Tips when the admin password not working Linksys wifi extender
Prior to you begin the troubleshooting tips to fix the error of the Linksys extender, you need to make sure that you have changed the password of the Linksys extender. So here are the troubleshooting ways to fix the login error into the Linksys extender.
Quick Fix Tip 1: Connect to Linksys wireless network manually
This is the first pro trip that can help you to fix the Linksys extender manually. You probably didn’t know that the router’s settings are one of the major reasons that fail to connect to different wireless networks. While changing the Linksys router’s settings you need to make sure that it should be connected to the main network. If you want to become a master in establishing a connection to the wireless network manually, check out the below-mentioned instructions.
- The users of the Linksys extender have been advised to connect the computer with the use of an Ethernet cable while configuring the settings of the router. You can either use the web setup page or use the Linksys connect.
- An update is also a good option. To upgrade the setup key of the Linksys extender, you need to temporarily connect the computer to the router by using an Ethernet cable.
- Once the connection between the computer and the extender has been established successfully then you can easily access the software of the Linksys connect.
- After upgrading the easy connection you need to reconnect to the wireless network of the Linksys extender.
- Once you are done with the Linksys extender update, then first unplug the Ethernet cable and go through the on-screen prompts for the Easy setup key wizard.
Fix Tip 2: Accurately connect the computer and the laptop to the extender’s network
In this resolving tip, you first need to be sure that the computer and the laptop should be connected to the network of the extender properly. For that, you need to keep some major points in your mind that are discussed below.
- Make sure that the client devices are properly connected to the default wireless network of the Linksys range extender.
- Also, make sure that you have connected the Linksys extender to the existing network of the router through an Ethernet cable. Thus, it helps to avoid the issues between two objects.
Quick Fix Tip 3: Verify the LED lights on the Linksys wireless extender
The LED plays a crucial role when the admin password not working Linksys wifi extender or to understand an error with the device. This suggestion is advised; sometimes due to an internet outage the extender fails to catch the network and it shows a wrong password error. So in that situation the LED guides you about the problem. In this section, you will learn about the working of the LED on the Linksys extender.
- Primarily, you need to check that the LED on the Linksys extender should be stable.
- In case, any of the LED lights blink a red LED then there might be an issue with the device while you are setting up.
- If there is no activity of the LED on your extender or blinking of the LEDs then you simply unplug the range extender and plug it back after a few minutes.
If you are still unable to retrieve the admin password of the Linksys extender, then you need to proceed to reset the Linksys extender
Quick Fix Tip 4: Reset the Linksys wireless extender
This is the last option that could save the admin password from being lost. You can use it as it is before, but make sure to restore the major settings before you proceed to reset. Check out the steps to reset the extender in the right way.
- Begin with powering off the Linksys extender. For that, make sure that the LED on the extender should be stable.
- Then locate the reset button on the bottom side of the device.
- When you get the reset button, then take a paper clip or any sharp object that will help to push the extender’s reset hole.
- Release the button when you listen to a beep sound coming from the extender.
- Finally, the reset process has been performed successfully.
After performing the reset operation, you can access the setup page of the Linksys extender without any interruption. When you approach the setup page of the Linksys extender then it will redirect you to the login page. On that page, you need to enter the admin password carefully and hit on the login button. Also, you can reset the password as well.
Perhaps, the problem still continues with the admin password or you have failed to retrieve the password then check the settings of your computer device. Confirm that the proxy settings are disabled on your PC.