ARRIS Surfboard max AX6600
The ARRIS Surfboard max AX6600 is a tri-band WiFi 6 system that presents a super-fast speed of 6600 MBps for 4K video streaming, video conferencing, and online gaming with both router and satellite parts. It fills your whole building also on the outside as it widens the signal upto 5500 square feet. The WiFi 6 technology is compatible with several users with eight WiFi 6 streams at a time. One gigabit ethernet port and wall plug satellite will assist you to fix the device anywhere. The tri-band on this device builds a compelling lane employing one band specifically for joining the routers, 2.4 GHz for the slower one while 5GHz for the faster one.
The ARRIS surfboard app will lead you to set up the device effortlessly. The high-tall cylindrical design encircled by LED enlightenment gives prime attention to the device. The base parts consist of two-gigabit ports, one WAN and one LAN. Using these ports, you can join gaming consoles and computers. It is equipped with a quad-core inbuilt CPU processor which provides emerging performance and stability. Some superior features of ARRIS Surfboard max are as follows.
Features Of ARRIS Surfboard max AX6600
- It is equipped with WiFi 6 technology and a backhaul band among AX6600 devices, the ARRIS surfboard max mesh delivers a gigantic speed of 6600 MBps with tri bands.
- The coverage carried on an open area is nearly 5500 square feet. Deploying two packs will grant you more exceeding coverage as well as speed.
- It can supervise 8 WiGFi 6 streams with an individual router which grants a capacity to connect more numerous users as well as devices.
- The Surfboard Central app permits you securely set up the Surfboard max network with the app by installing it on your mobile phone. Its app is compatible with Android and IOS platforms.
- Its inbuilt quad-core arm a7 cortex processor with advanced WiFi standards improves performance as well as compatibility.
- The MU-IMO technology with the latest WPA3 encryption permits you to unite multiple users with security.
- With gigabit ports, you can join computers, gaming consoles, printers, IP cameras, and other devices. The hardware installation along with the setup of the Surfboard mesh system is illustrated below.
ARRIS Surfboard max AX6600 Installati on
Unpack the packaging box and carry out all the instruments and devices by unwrapping the tapes. The box includes a satellite, base, power cords, and an ethernet wire. Now raise the plastic films shielding both the satellite and the base part. After doing all that, go after the installation work to experience the internet using an ARRIS device.
Download the app
- Open the store on your mobile phone with Android or IOS OS.
- Type ARRIS Central app in the exploration box.
- Get the ARRIS Central app from the store by installing it.
- Now touch the shortcut icon to initiate it.
Create Surfboard ID
- The welcome page with Hello, welcome to Surfboard device will reveal, tap the get started icon.
- The app demands permission, granting it entrance to the further interface by touching the continue tab.
- The following interface with pick your device here.
- Choose the Surfboard mesh tri-band system and touch next to move further.
- In the next window, the table of devices presenting images with model numbers will display.
- Scroll down to the bottom and pick AX6600.
- Hit next, the Signup panel will arrive.
- Touch the signup tab and typewrite the email address, first name, and last name. Now tick point terms and conditions to accomplish the registration process. Typewrite the verification key you accepted in an email address to validate the ID.
- But if you previously have an ID, then sign in by keyboarding the ARRIS surfboard username and password.
- Tap Next and next touch to help me to optimize the network.
Setup The Surfboard Router
- Switch off your modem by unplugging it from the AC joint and touch next.
- Employing an ethernet wire, attach the Surfboard unit WAN port to the modem. The port is underneath the Max device and touch next.
- Attach your modem to the AC joint utilizing the power cord.
- Touch next and join the MAX device to the AC joint as well with the power cord. The LED on the Arris surfboard flashing blue light as well as white light will be identified.
Pair Device With App
You can match your MAX device with a router applying a Bluetooth or WiFi specialty. However, it depends simultaneously on the model of the router. Guarantee that the Bluetooth is ON on both the router and the mobile device. Now match it and execute the configuration. But if your router doesn’t have a Bluetooth characteristic, then you can pair it with a WiFi network to complete the configuration. Now obey these straightforward steps to achieve the configuration.
- Toggle on WiFi on your mobile phone and join the network of the router.
- While setting up the device, you will take a prompt from the mobile device to double-check the SSID code and name.
- The Central app automatically seeks for the network of the router and the white as well as green light illuminating operation initiates.
- Touch next, it will take a few minutes to connect.
- When the solid blue LED light displays, it means your mobile phone is flourishing connected to the router network.
- The next interface with Arris surfboard firmware upgrade is prepared spreads. After the thriving upgrade, the router will be registered. Registering it will make sure that the device is receiving a compelling performance.
Setup Your Network
- Now it’s time to define the network and set up the password.
- The Max router will obtain a fresh network and sign in with Surfboard ID.
- The congratulation interface will be commenced on the app, click continue.
- The Max router setup is now accomplished.
Adding The Safeboard Satellite
Adding the Satellite part to the network will prolong your actual network. There is a choice to add one or more satellites to the router.
- Tap on the left three horizontal lines and favor adding a new satellite from the menu tab.
- You will be able to grant the feature by touching the empty satellite screen.
Setup The Satellite on the app
- Touch install now to attach another satellite to the MAX network.
- Learn all the info and tap add a fresh satellite.
- Touch next and discover the MAX unit and power cable, and repeatedly hit next.
- The next window will demand you to grant the spot you wish to enhance the network.
- Tap continue to spot the absolute location of your building. Otherwise, tap skip.
Setup The Satellite
- Plug the satellite part into the AC joint after attaching the adapter to it.
- The mobile phone requests to join with the satellite., tap next.
- You have to enroll the SSID code as well as name by chasing the WiFi settings on your mobile phone.
- The LED on the satellite incites illuminating green, which intimates the setup is operated successfully. But if it symbolizes the red color, the connection is not established. In that case, depart the satellite part to the router.
- Once connected, the successfully connected interface will present, tap next.
- The app sets up your satellite and joins the MAX router. After the strong connection, register your satellite with a Safeboard ID.
- Now the next interface with the firmware update will be prepared shows. Update it by downloading the firmware file. The blue light illuminates while the firmware update is in process.
- At last, when the firmware is updated, finalizing your setup will reveal. That’s all, the Arris Safeboard device has been set up effectively.
ARRIS Surfboard Login
The Arris Surfboard login page can be chased only via the app as well as web interface login. The Arris Surfboard IP login is much more manageable than an app. To reach the web login page, go after these straightforward steps.
Web Interface Login
- Attach your PC is connected to the ARRIS router network practicing a WiFi connection or ethernet wires.
- Open the browser and keyboard ARRIS Surfboard default IP 192.168.0.1 in the exploration box, bang enter.
- The ARRIS login page will seem.
- Enter ARRIS Surfboard default admin password along with the username.
- The login tab will present, click that to path the page.
Surfboard Central App
- Use a mobile phone with a data connection.
- Open the Central app, the login interface will display.
- Typewrite the ARRIS Surfboard admin password and username
- Hit the login tab to reach the device settings.
The troubleshooting guide for ARRIS Surfboard is as follows
Troubleshooting Steps For Surfboard Device
A cluster of issues may transpire if you are working on this MAX device. You can execute the reset action if any of the difficulties befall. Yet sometimes, you don’t necessitate resetting the device. Because everything the solutions to the problem are not reset. Different issues may also occur.
Steps If Your ARRIS Surfboard AX6600 Keeps Restarting?
If Your ARRIS Surfboard AX6600 keeps starting, then go after these effortless tips.
- Check the power current to your device is stable or not.
- If the ARRIS device is dropping connection frequently, the LED lights illuminate regularly. The dropping connection will result in continuously rebooting the device.
- Confirm that the ARRIS device is not overheating. Assure that there is no electronic object nearby the device. The airflow should be from both sides wherever it is placed.
Troubleshooting Steps If Your ARRIS Surfboard AX6600 is Not Working
If Your ARRIS Surfboard AX6600 not working, follow these uncomplicated steps.
- Verify that the power attachment to the ARRIS device is firm and secure.
- Recheck the ethernet cable is united to the correct port.
- Also, see for the ethernet wire and power cord condition. It should be acting correctly.
- Look for the online LED on the device. Validate that it is not damaged or off and is operating.
- Reset the device by unplugging the power cord and remain for one to two minutes.
ARRIS Surfboard AX6600 Review
Purchase this device for my office and am pretty satisfied with this item. The satellite part extends the coverage as well as speed. The router speed is unmatchable. It is equipped with WiFi 6 technology and a backhaul band between AX6600 devices, the ARRIS surfboard max mesh delivers a gigantic speed of 6600 MBps with tri bands. The coverage delivered on an open area is nearly 5500 square feet. One disadvantage I have seen with this device is that it does not support a web interface setup. The setup procedure is terrible. You have only one choice to configure with an app only. Jow\ever, the app lets you securely set up the Surfboard max network with the manager app by installing it on your mobile phone. Totally impressed with this item, and I highly commend purchasing it and try at least once.
Q1. What’s the brand name?
ARRIS, the most dependable and valuable brand.
Q2. Do I need a supplementary modem or router while utilizing this device?
Yes, it demands extra mo=dem or router to make a network connection.
Q3. Power cords are involved in the package box or not?
Surely yes, power cords are involved in the package box.
Q4. What to do if my ARRIS surfboard is not operating in a proper manner. What to do?
Note that the power joined to the ARRIS device is correct and secure. Check again the ethernet cable is united to the correct port. Also, look for the ethernet wire and power cord condition. It should be working correctly. See for the online LED on the device. Double-check that it is not damaged or off and is operating. Reset the device by unplugging the power cord and remain for one to two minutes. Hope it helps.
Q5. Is this device equipped with malware and firewall security features?
Sadly no, this mesh system is not equipped with malware and firewall security features.
Q6. Does this mesh system support WPA3 security protocol?
No, it does not support the WPA3 security protocol. However, it arrives with WPA2 security support.
Q7. Does this mesh system have a telephone plug on the rear side?
No, the mesh system does not equip with a VOIP or telephony support feature.
Q8. My mesh system is restarting regularly in a conventional manner. What to do?
Validate the power current to your device is enough or not. Also, assure that the ARRIS device is not overheating. Recheck that there is no electronic object close to the device. The airflow should be from both sides wherever it is placed. If the ARRIS Surfboard AX6600 keeps disconnecting the network connection, it results in regularly rebooting the device.
Q9. VPN is pre-installed in this mesh system?
No, the VPN is not pre-installed in this mesh system.
Q10. Does this device work with AT&T?
Yes, this mesh system works with AT&T.