Blue shadow range extender setup, troubleshooting, review
Blue shadow introduces you to the brand new wifi range extender to solve all your issues regarding connectivity and network speed. The Blueshadow wifi range extender is an all-in-one solution for your network issues. Enjoy seamless high-quality HD video streaming, play online games, or spend time using a high-quality. It enhanced wireless network using the all-new Blue shadow range extender.
Blueshadow extender does not speed up the original network speed. But simply extends the network range and enhances your signal strength giving a perfect leap of capacity, speed, range, and security. Blueshadow wifi range extender works as a transmitter of data being an intermediator. It receives the data from the Access point and then re-share or extends the data to the wider range i.e dead zones of the house or office.
Blue shadow range extender features
There are several reasons you should use the Blueshadow wifi booster. The extender comes with a number of benefits that keep it at the top of the race. We have mentioned below the key features that it provides to enhance the customers’ experience and raise the market demands.
The range extender supports 5GHz and 2.4GHz that supports high network speeds up to 867 Mbps and 300Mbps respectively.
The dual-band wi-fi range extender complies with IEEE802.11ac, IEEE802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n wireless standard.
Secure network connectivity
Blueshadow dual-band wi-fi range extender assures you a secure web surfing, streaming, or networking using the WPS-PSK, WPA2-PSK, and WPA/WPA2 network security.
Cover upto 1000sq.feet
Now enjoy seamless HD streaming or online gaming with extended network coverage up to 1000 sq. feet.
Blueshadow repeater consists of a 100v-240v USB plug and 2 LAN network ports for better and on-device connectivity to the wireless device.
Toughness and stability
The wifi range extender comes with a couple of strong 4dBi external Antennas. It comes with a compact designed Internet booster that helps to boost the signal speed of the current network.
Different modes of blueshadow range extender
The Blue shadow range extender can perform multi-device functions that determine the customers to think about it twice.
The device can perform as:
In this mode, the range extender creates a wireless network for the wifi device. The range extender then converts the wired signal of the device into a wireless signal.
Using this mode you can connect the wifi router/devices to the hotel rooms/homeroom broadband interface with the ethernet cable.
You can also share the wireless network with other wifi devices which means you can create a new wireless network area.
Blue Shadow Range Extender
This is the usual mode of the Blueshadow wifi range extender. The extender mode is used to extend the network coverage area of your device and to boost or enhance signal strength. The range extender mode provides you a wide networking zone eliminating the dead zones of your home or office.
The repeater first receives signal/data from the access point and then recreates a bridge for the data through the dead zones of the house.
How to set up the Blueshadow Access point mode?
As we mentioned above, blueshadow wifi range extender can also work as an Access point. Which means you can create a wireless network for your devices or extend the existing network coverage. It enhance signal strength as per your requirements.
Follow the steps provided below to configure the BlueShadow device as an Access Point.
- Power on the range extender first by pressing and holding the power button for 3-5 seconds.
- Plug in the range extender to a wifi router now, using an ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on your device and enter the IP address URL http://192.168.10.1 and login to the extender.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to go through the setup procedures using the website UI.
- After the page prompts you to enter/set a password. Finally select mode in the menu, and choose to be an Access point mode at last.
Setting up Blue shadow range extender
You can easily configure the Blue shadow range extender in multiple ways. One of those is by using the Wi-Fi setup wizard(WPS button).
Using the wifi setup wizard (WPS button)
It is easy Setting up a Blueshadow wifi range extender using the WPS button allows you to configure it without using a mobile device or computer. Using the WPS button
installation, you can easily set up the range extender without logging in to the settings page on the browser.
The steps to setup Blueshadow wifi range extender using the WPS button are provided below.
- Plugin the range extender to a power outlet near the wifi router first or in the coverage zone of the router.
- Press and hold the WPS button located at the rear panel of the router for 1-2 seconds and then release the button.
- Click and hold the WPS button on the range extender. Now click within 50 seconds of pressing the button on the router.
- The range extender will go on a reboot and will restart automatically finally. Then successfully connect to the router or other device.
Note: If your current wifi SSID name is WiFi then it will change to WiFi Plus after the successful connection with the range extender.
* Position the range extender at a place from where it can repeat network signals in a low signal area without declining the speed.
Resetting the blue shadow range extender
A range extender is usually reset when you have lost its controls or have forgotten your username and password. Resetting the range extender means configuring the device to its factory functions.
The steps to reset the range extender is provided below.
- Check if there is a small button first or hole at the bottom(rear) panel of the range extender.
- Using a Pin or paperclip, press and hold the button. Press it for 5-10 seconds keeping the extender turned on.
- After unholding the button, the extender goes for a reboot process for about 30 seconds.
- Try to re-login to the extender and leave the password empty(if asked).
Q. How to find the hardware version of the Blue shadow range extender?
Usually, every kind of range extender comes with the hardware version. It printed on the back panel or attached as H/W marked on the bottom.