Do you want fast-speed internet access at every corner of your house or office? Then, MOTOROLA MG7700 comes with a modem and a regulator. You can get internet access at every corner of your house. It is easy to use and saves your modem regulator fee. It provides the fastest internet speed which can be sued to download videos and play games without interruption. The 2.4GHz Radiofrequency makes it the best one to provide the fastest internet services. It can be set up easily with the modem and the Wi-Fi router. So, you don’t have to worry about the installation process.
Motorola mg 7700 vs mg 7550
They both are made with advanced technology and provide the fastest internet speeds without interruption. They are both suitable to make your home a smart one. However, there are some differences between Motorola mg7700 and mg 7550.
- Motorola 7550 has an advanced firewall system and also a wireless boost service which boosts your internet services while Motorola mg 7550 has a simple security system.
- Though Motorola 7550 mg has an advanced firewall system yet there are multiple connectivity failures. It is not a case in 7700 mg.
- Motorola 7550 has dual-band channels that provide fast speeds and better network quality while 7700 mg only connects with a few ISPs.
- Motorola 7700 can connect with a wireless range of technologies while DOCSIS 3.1 system is not supported by the Motorola 7550 mg.
- The major con is the price. Motorola 7550 has a higher price range while MOTOROLA MG7700 has a lower price range and comes with many features at
Hence, both are popular devices and both have their pros and cons. They both provide the fastest internet services and are supportive of downloading videos and games.
Motorola 24 X 8 cable modem set up –
- A coax cable will be needed for the connection of the MOTOROLA MG7700. It can also be shared from a coax spitter of TV.
- Then after this step, the electrical outlet and the power jack should be connected. It can be done by using the Ethernet cable.
- Cable internet services should be subscribed. If you have not any cable services, then provide them by the internet service provider.
- Turn on the Motorola 7700 mg by pressing the power button of the device.
- For its activation, you can take the help of the internet service provider. They will help you in activating the device.
- Go to www.xifinity.com if the activation page doesn’t appear.
Motorola 24 X 8 cable modem plus WIFI router manual –
The manual of MOTOROLA MG7700 has all the steps for the activation of the device, you can follow the steps easily or can take the help of the internet service provider. The steps and the signs are properly written for easy understanding of the device. It also has much trouble shooting steps for the understanding of the similar problems faced by others. There is a solution to every problem in the manual. There are also frequently asked questions in the device. These are the FAQs asked by the customers when they face the problem in activating the device.
Along with the manual and the device, it also comes with a Power cube, Coax Wrench, Ethernet Cable, and Velcro cable organizer.
How to set a static DHCP for Motorola wireless modem router 7700 –
For using the Motorola device effectively, you have to first set up a static DHCP of the device.
- First you have to register with your ISP. This is the most important step and is necessary to do whenever you get equipment that isn’t theirs.
- Then enable the UPnP to play XBL with an open NAT.
- after doing these steps if you are still getting DHCP error messages then it may be that you have typed something wrong. It may also occur because you made Xbox IP static and inside the DHCP range of your router.
If you are still finding a problem with the activation, then you may contact the ISP to activate it.
How to update the modem firmware of Motorola mg 7700 –
- The device should always remain up to date with the latest versions. Internet service providers of Motorola provide you with firmware updates.
- Coaxial cable is used by the internet service providers of Motorola to push the updates onto the Customer’s cable modem. They are only pushed after testing, if they pass those tests then further actions are performed.
- End-user has no way to update the firmware manually. So, you have to need the help of the internet service provider.
- You cannot install the firmware updates manually.
- To check if the latest firmware update is installed by the internet service provider, then the first cable modem should be turned off for 15 seconds. After 15 seconds turn on the cable modem. The device will start rebooting and the latest code is running or not in your device will be checked.
- After checking for the latest version, if it doesn’t have the latest version on your device then it will download it.
Motorola MG 7700 modem cable and WIFI router Walmart –
Walmart is the largest company to provide router and internet services. You can buy the internet and router service there in Walmart.
The worth of the device is $169.99. You can get 2 years Walmart protect plan for an additional $16 which powered by Allstate.
A 3-year Walmart protection plan is also available at the additional price of $22.
If you are finding it difficult with the computer set up of the device or any other difficulty is faced by you for setting the device, then it also provides Expert help. You can get expert help for the computer set up for $99.
Walmart provides easy and free delivery to your home which also adds to the features of the device. The reviews show that it is recommended by 90% of the customers in 18 out of 20.
The unit supports several WIFI devices although the signal strength is a bit less at distant connections, possibly because of structural factors. There is a significant improvement over the single band router/ modem.
With all these features, this gateway is highly recommended and has got the majority of 5-star reviews.
Motorola MG 7700 vs Net gearnighthawk –
There are many differences between these devices. There are many pros and cons of the device.
- MOTOROLA MG7700 provides a downloading speed of 1000Mbps whereas Net gear has 960Mbps downloading speed.
- The wireless power boasts any beamforming in Motorola MG 7700 while it is Beamforming + in Net gear.
- Motorola MG 7700 is made from advanced technology and provides the fastest internet speed than Netgear Nighthawk.
- Talking about the prices then the Net gear is expensive while Motorola is somewhat less expensive and provides more features at an affordable range.
- Not all internet providers support the modem of netgear and Motorola both.
- For color choices, there is an annoying back-ended interface for Net gear. They only come in violet, grey or black. While it is not the case in MOTOROLA MG7700.
Troubleshooting steps for Motorola MG 7700 modem cable and WIFI router –
Troubleshooting internet problems after installation –
If you can’t connect to the internet services after installation then turns off the device for 8 seconds. Then after this check for the connection i.e., power and cox connections. Make sure that the connections are connected properly. Check for the power cube. Make sure that the power cube is properly connected to the power outlet. Information provided to the cable service provider should also be checked carefully. Check using a TV that the coax connection is live. If the problem continues, then contact your cable service provider for the same.
Fixing the not working problem of the MOTOROLA MG7700–
If your device is not working then turn it off for 8 seconds. Make sure that the modem is getting power from its power cube. Make sure that cables are properly connected to the device. If the problem continues, then contact your internet service provider.
Fixing the internet speed problems of the device –
Check for the speed you have bought the plan for. Check the speed with the help of the Broadband speed list on the computer plugged into the modem.
Read the steps carefully for the wireless router section if you still can’t get the speed. Video streaming might face delay due to the busy times so try it during the less busy times. Check for the Coxal cable by placing it nearer to the cable. It is done to know that if there is a problem with the cable. Try the Motorola MG 7700 without the spitter if you are using it with a spitter.
Perform these steps carefully and if the problem continues then contact the internet service provider for the same.
Troubleshooting the password or security key problems for the Motorola MG 7700 device –
On the bottom label of the Motorola MG 7700 check for the default values. If you haven’t changed the password then you have to use these values. Try to recall the new values if you have changed this one. Wireless network name / SSID will be shown if you use a wireless device connecting to the Motorola MG 7700. Configuration Manager can be checked for the information.
If the problem m continues then for 10 seconds rest button should be pressed. Default values can be used.
Fixing the wireless device and the router problem –
If the wireless devices are interfering in the connection problems, then the wireless devices such as the Bluetooth transmitters should be kept as far as from the device as can be. You can check the configuration manager for finding the less used wireless channel. Click on the Scan or wireless menu after pressing the advanced options button on the top page. You can see the list of wireless devices. Select the channel on the wireless basic menu in the Channel pulldown and then press the Save button.
1. Do you have to pay for extended phone tech support in the event it stops working?
It provides a 2-year warranty with good support. For the support, you have to pay $15 to get access. Comcast doesn’t charge for the access card as the FCC put the kibosh on cable companies being in the cable rental business. At the end of the day, the device paid twice for itself.
2. What is the range of the Modem?
The dual-band ac 1900 Wi-Fi provides a wide range of internet services. It supports Any beam beamforming with 2.4 and 5 GHz. The built-in WIFI router provides a wide range of internet services.
3. Are you able to install the firmware update? When I owned a combo modem + router, Cox locked out firmware updates because it was a cable modem.
Firmware can’t be updated manually. You have to take the help of the internet service provider provided by Motorola. Check for the latest updates of the Firmware and the internet service provider will provide you with the updates.
4. Does the modem cable and router device come with a splitter or any cable?
The device comes with an Ethernet cable, a tool for coxal connection, cable, and a power adaptor. It doesn’t include the coxal cable or a spitter.
5. Being that it is a dual-band modem, how can I connect a 2.4 GHz camera to the unit?
During the setup, check if the phone is connected to the 2.4 GHz or you can rename it to the 2.4 GHz. The setup would be the same as normal. Each band can’t have its name.
6. What to do if I am having a password problem while adding the device?
If you haven’t changed the password, then check for it under the labels of the device. you have to use these values. If you have changed the values then check for the wireless name or SSID. You can also check the information on the Configuration Manager.
MOTOROLA MG7700 cable modem and WIFI router review –
It is the best fastest internet proving device which can be used to make your office or home into a smart one. You can get access to internet services at all the corners of the home. It has the latest technology and a Beamforming.
The device provides the fastest internet services and can be used for downloading videos and other games without any interruption.
It has advanced Firmware technology and a dual-band system that boosts internet services. It can also connect with wireless devices and thus adds to the features of the device. Thus, the latest technology modem and router is best for boosting the internet services. It can be connected to multiple devices and hence supports the large family systems.