Netgear Extender not working with fios
Is your Netgear extender not working with the Verizon Fios router? Therefore, now we will discuss all the reasons and troubleshooting points for the Verizon Fios router not working with the Netgear wifi range extender. Then, all your doubts will be clear regarding this issue. Let’s try to understand why is the Netgear Extender not working with Fios?
The main reason may be that your internet connection is not properly working. If the internet LED light is blinking green on the Verizon Fios router, it indicates that the internet connection is working, and vice versa; if it does not blink green light, it shows the internet connection is not properly connected. Meanwhile, your Netgear extender will not be able to start work. Moreover, the other reason perhaps; is that the Verizon Fios router is not properly connected with your Netgear extender. Most of the time, your ethernet cable connected to your Verizon Fios router has broken; it is the reason your Netgear extender is not connecting with your router and stops working. Now, we will deeply talk over the other main causes of the Netgear extender not properly connecting with the Verizon Fios router, which is mentioned below.
Causes of the Netgear extender not working with Verizon Fios router
Do you want to know more causes of your Extender not working with the Verizon Fios router? What are the other main causes of your Netgear extender not working with the Verizon Fios router? These are the following causes that tell us why your Netgear extender is not working with the Verizon Fios router.
- The power supply switch of the Netgear extender could be damaged.
- The location of the Netgear extender and Verizon Fios router is far away, that’s why your extender is not able to work.
- The firmware of the Netgear extender may be outdated.
- When your Verizon Fios router is placed in a congested area, the network range can not connect with your Netgear extender.
- Improper setup of the Netgear extender is also a reason.
Now, hopefully, you have cleared all your doubts regarding why your Netgear is not working with the Verizon Fios router. Therefore, we will resolve these causes of the Extender not working with the Verizon Fios router. We will discuss the troubleshooting pinpoints of the Netgear Extender not working with Fios in the next step.
Troubleshooting key points of the Netgear extender not working with Verizon Fios router
Do you want to resolve or eliminate the Netgear extender not working issue? If yes, please carefully read and follow these troubleshooting points that we will discuss in the following points:
- Unplug your Netgear extender and plug it into the other power socket.
- Replace your damaged ethernet cable that is connected with the Verizon router.
- If your internet network range is not proper, then contact your ISP(internet service provider).
- Update or install the latest firmware software of the Netgear extender.
- Place your Verizon Fios router and the Netgear extender near to each other.
- Reboot the Netgear extender.
- Carefully read the setup manual of the Netgear extender and Verizon Fios router.
- You can take the technical help that is available 24X7 on the phone or online.
- Do not place your Verizon Fios router in a congested place from where the network range can not connect to the Netgear extender.
- Connect the Netgear extender through wi-fi.
- Change the position of your Verizon Fios router’s antennas.
- Change the setting of your Netgear extender via a connected device.
- Reset the Netgear extender
The points mentioned earlier definitely will help you to solve the Netgear extender not working problem with the Verizon router.
Reset the Netgear extender
If still, your Netgear extender is not able to work with the Verizon Fios router. So, reset will be the last option because it will remove all the obstacles that are coming in the path. The process of reset is very easy, and even a layperson can do this. Carefully look up at this process and follow its procedure step by step.
- Firstly, find out the reset button of your Netgear extender that is located on the backside edge.
- Then, take a sharp object or pin, and with the help of this, press the reset button. After that, hold it for at least a few seconds.
- Now, reset will take a few seconds.
- Release the reset button.
- Finally, the Netgear extender’s reset process is complete, and now you can check if your Netgear extender is working or not with the Verizon Fios router.
So, these are the reset points that should follow at the time of reset of the Netgear extender. All the above points that we have discussed above are very important to solve your Netgear Extender not working with Fios. Now you will see the Netgear extender is working with the Verizon Fios router.
Click Here: mywifiext.net