If the Netgear range extender is not working suddenly then there may be various reasons. Then, you need to know how to solve the Netgear extender issues? Through this blog, we will guide you on step-by-step solutions to eliminate the Netgear extender not working. So let’s get started to resolve the issue.
Why is Netgear Extender not working?
Before solving the extender various issues, you need to know why the range extender is not working. There are some topmost reasons for not working.
- Do not perform Extender setup with mobile phone
- Extender firmware outdated
- Extender position is far from the router
- Improper connection
- Power socket fluctuations
- Impartial Netgear extender setup
- Do not configure the extender setup with internet
- Antennas are not properly attached to the extender
- Power supply in which the range extender is connected is faulty
- Standard WiFi router does not connect to the internet
- Place the Netgear extender near the heating device or source
Troubleshooting Tips: Netgear WiFi range extender not working
Go through these steps given below & know how to solve the various problems of the Netgear extender.
Perform Netgear extender setup with an internet connection:
The internet connection is a must for the Netgear WiFi range extender. If the range extender is not working then it could be an internet connection. But many times, the extender is not connected to the internet. Why is the Netgear extender not connecting to the internet? Due to an incorrect extender setup, the range extender is not able to connect to the internet.
Just open the web interface panel, using the Netgear extender IP address & go to the login wizard. On the extender’s login wizard, fill up the login credentials. With the admin panel of the range extender, you are able to connect the extender to the internet.
Trying extender setup to the router via Ethernet cable:
If the Netgear extender is not connecting to the router, then the extender will not work. With the WPS button, you are able to perform the extender setup with the router. If the extender does not connect to the router with a WPS button connection. Then, the user is wondering how to perform the extender set up with the router? Then, with an ethernet cable, you are able to perform the extender setup with the router.
Change the Netgear extender position:
If your wireless range extender is placed near the metal object & heating source, then definitely the range extender will not work. Then, for this, you need to change the extender position. What is the best location of the range extender? The best & most ideal location of the range extender is the well-ventilation area & near the router. Do not install the Netgear extender more distance from the router. After repositioning the range extender, it will be properly working.
Verify the power supply:
If the Netgear extender is not turning on, then you need to ensure the power supply in which the extender is plugged. The power supply is the major factor due to not turning issue causes. If the extender detachable plug is not correctly plugged into the power supply, then you need to plug the extender into the power supply correctly.
Additionally, you have to unplug the extender from the faulty power supply. You need to plug the Netgear extender into the other power supply that is in working condition.
Change the Netgear extender’s channel:
The Netgear range extender is commonly used to enhance the router’s network range. If it does not enhance the range & does not offer a network for a wireless smart speaker, smart TV, & other devices. Then, you need to check the wireless channel. You can easily fix the problem by changing the wireless channel.
Go to mywifiext.net & access the extender’s login wizard. For the login wizard, you have to use the login details & log in to the extender. Now, you are able to change the extender wireless channel.
Always update the range extender version:
The blinking LED light of the extender also creates a not working issue. Due to the outdated Netgear extender’s firmware version, the LED light continuously blinks. Then, for this, you should always upgrade the Netgear firmware. Now, the individual is wondering, how to upgrade the Netgear extender firmware? With the advanced setting of the extender, you are able to upgrade the Netgear extender firmware.
Netgear range extender reset:
If you have performed Netgear extender setup with the router, but still the issue is not solved. For this, the best solution is to reset the Netgear range extender. How to reset the range extender? With the extender’s reset button, you are able to reset the range extender. To reset the Netgear extender, you have to push the reset button. Afterward, you have to perform the range extender setup with the router, again.
I am connected to my extender but Netgear is telling me its not
The Netgear range extender is the ultimate solution to improve the router’s network range. But to improve the range, you need to perform the extender setup with the router. You can simply perform the extender set up with the router by using the WPS button. If the Wi-Fi router connects to the Netgear extender’s network, but it tells no internet connection. Then, there could be some reasons. So let’s get started to resolve the issues.
Causes: range extender connected but say no internet
If you have to perform the router setup with the Netgear extender but still it says no internet, then there could be some causes.
- Outdated router firmware
- Using a loaded web browser
- Faulty Cable connection
- Extender does not connect to the internet
- Place the Netgear extender around the metal object
Solutions: my device is connected to a Netgear extender but says no internet
With the given solutions below, you can efficiently resolve the “I am connected to my extender but Netgear is telling me it’s not” issue.
- If you have to connect your device to the Netgear extender’s network but it has no internet connection, then the issue occurs with your router’s outdated firmware. To update the router’s firmware, you go to advanced settings. In this setting, click the firmware upgrade option. If the Wi-Fi router’s latest firmware is available, then please you have to update the Netgear extender’s firmware.
- Also, ensure your Netgear range extender properly & entirely connects to the Wi-Fi router. If the extender connects to the router with the WPS button, & the connection repeatedly disconnects. Then, you need to establish a connection with an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure your Netgear extender, as well as wireless router, is kept away from the metal object & electronic apparatus. The extender device works with the router, alexa, & more.
- You have to test if the extender’s antenna is properly & correctly plugged into the antenna port. Moreover, the position of the antennas is correct.
- You have to verify the Netgear extender properly connects to the internet. With the extender’s admin panel, you can simply connect the Netgear extender to the internet.
- You can simply resolve the issue, by restarting the range extender. For this, you have to unplug the Netgear extender from the power supply. After some time, you have to plug the extender into the electric power supply again.
- The last solution, you can restart the Netgear range extender. You have to press the extender’s button with the small pin. After resetting the extender, you will perform the extender setting again.
By mentioned-above solutions, you are able to fix the issue.