Netgear genie not detecting adapter
Netgear genie application provides monitoring and controlling facilities for every user. This application gives notification on your device’s desktop when there is any issue regarding the internet, outdated firmware of your router, and any other. In addition to that, sometimes, the Netgear genie is not able to provide any notification and work properly. Often the wifi icon is not enabled on the desktop. Are you struggling with the same problem? Moreover, the Netgear genie not detecting adapter in their application. Lets’ know the important determinants that are responsible for this issue.
Thus, to remove this issue check out your Wifi USB adapter that is connected to your computer or laptop. The massive problem might be that your USB adapter is not properly installed or the USB port is faulty. Besides, instead of these determinants, there could be many reasons why the adapter is not detected in the Netgear genie application. The main reasons for the adapter are not getting detected in the Netgear genie application will be discussed in the following steps.
What are the reasons or factors for the USB adapter not being detected in the Netgear genie?
There are many reasons or factors for the Wifi USB adapter not getting detected in your Netgear genie application. Let’s’ discuss the following reasons:
- The internet range might be disconnected.
- The USB adapter could be faulty.
- The outdated firmware of your Netgear genie application is not getting support.
- The CD that is arrived with your USB adapter could be faulty or have inserted wrongly in the CPU.
- Moreover, if the CD has not arrived with the adapter, the driver you have installed might be outdated.
- The USB port of your computer or laptop might be damaged.
- Another reason might be the operating system of your computer or laptop is not supporting the USB adapter.
Thus the points mentioned above will have obstructed the USB adapter that is not detected in the Netgear genie application.
What are the steps to calibrate the issues for the Netgear genie not detecting adapter?
If you want to get rid of these problems. Now, we will be discussing, How we resolve the USB adapter issue in the Netgear genie application. Let’s’ start to know the problem-solving points of the USB adapter that are following:
- Check your internet connection; if the problem is still there, certainly contact your ISP (internet service provider).
- Again, insert your USB adapter in the CPU or laptop’s ethernet port because sometimes it does not insert properly. Meanwhile, repeat the setup process of the USB adapter on your computer or laptop. These are the setup process of the USB adapter in the Netgear genie application :
Firstly, go to your computer or laptop and open the Netgear genie application.
Then, click on join network and select your wifi network.
Click on the connect tab. Finally, your USB adapter is ready to join the wifi network.
- Check the firmware software of your Netgear genie application; most of the time, due to its outdated firmware, it is not able to run the USB adapter.
- Reinsert the CD from the CD drive of your computer or laptop that arrived with your USB adapter and vice versa; if no CD arrives, install the latest USB adapter’s drivers.
- The USB port might be damaged or not compatible with your computer or laptop, insert your USB adapter into the other device that is compatible with your USB adapter’s port.
The points mentioned above of troubleshooting will surely remove your problem.
How to install the latest drivers of the USB adapter
If your USB adapter is not properly working due to its outdated drivers, you should install or download the updated drivers of the USB adapter. These are the steps that should be followed at the time of installing the drivers of your USB adapter:
- Firstly, go to the keyboard of your computer or laptop and press the window plus X key.
- A new window appears and clicks on the device manager.
- Then right-click and choose your update driver of the USB adapter.
- After that, select the browse my computer for the driver software and click on the I have disk.
- Find the drive and choose the .inf file.
- Finally, click on the ok.
But sometimes, you could choose the driver of the USB adapter from the list of device drivers of your computer or laptop. These are the following steps:
- Again press the window key plus X key and new window display on the computer or laptop and open click on the device manager.
- Click on the updated driver by right-clicking.
- In addition to that, select the browser for the driver software.
- Click on the submenu on the right side and select your USB adapter model.
- Click on the next tap; you want to get an update driver warning and click yes.
- In brief, the Netgear genie not detecting adapter issues will surely resolve by adopting the above key points.