Do you want to tackle the Netgear genie not working windows 10? If yes, then don’t fret about it just re-install the Netgear genie. Natively, the Netgear genie app is vital to operating and controlling your diverse wireless routers and adapters faultlessly. Moreover, this app also allows you to control and manage your wireless router very precisely. But, most of the time, the Netgear genie does not support Windows 10. This issue will be manifest on your computer screen due to too many reasons. Like your WiFi enabling device does not connect with your router internet, an obsolete version of the firmware of your system, etc. Also, your WiFi enabling device is not connected to the guest network.
On the other hand, sometimes, the Genie app also does not work, if you have to enable wireless isolation. If you want to tackle the issue then let’s get the meticulous information about it through here, it is described below.
Let’s fix the Netgear genie not working windows 10
If you face the Netgear Genie won’t work in windows 10, then, first of all, know about the exhaustive reasons for this occurring issue. Let’s know the reasons first at a glance to fix it adequately, it is like as:
- Not connecting your WiFi enabling device with the internet connection.
- This issue manifests due to installing the obsolete version Netgear genie app.
- Its issue occurs due to a feeble and frail internet connection.
- Windows 10 does not support the latest version of the Netgear genie app.
- In addition, Windows 10 does not support the Netgear genie app because it is not compatible with your router.
- The other reason for this issue is misconfiguration.
- Surely, your mediocre router is not connected with the power while you use this app.
- The main device is not paired with this app.
So, these are the main reasons manifesting while you would be using this app. So, let’s fix this error by following the below mentioned luculent instructions.
Fix the Netgear genie not working windows 10
After knowing about the exhaustive reasons for the Netgear genie app not working error, then let’s tackle the issue. Here are some tricks and tips to troubleshoot the Windows 10 not working with the Netgear genie app.
1. Restart the Netgear WiFi device
You can fix all the Netgear genie not working in Windows 10 issues by restarting the device. After restarting the device you can easily fix all the pertinent issues of the device. Here are the following steps to fix the Netgear app not working issue in Windows 10.
- Unplug the wireless router and wait for still two to three seconds.
- After this, plugin back your wireless router.
- Start the power of this wireless router again.
- Check the signal status light.
- Now, connect the internet connection again to your WiFi enabling device.
- Enter your router SSID admin and password surely you have to enter the correct details.
- Connect its network and then, check again now the Netgear genie is working now in your Windows 10 system.
- If the problem persists, then resolve it by following this next step.
2. Verify the Netgear all wiring connections
One more tip to fix the Netgear genie won’t work issues. Let’s use these steps to connect the wires again.
- First of all, you will have to check that the Netgear device is connected with the electrical power.
- Connect the power wired and internet cable with your router and computer again.
- If it is loose or cut then change it.
- Also, verify that your wireless router is placed in an excellent location or in such a location where it gets a suitable signal range of the internet.
- Configure the network settings again and connect again to its network.
- If your computer supports the 2.4Ghz band WiFi connection then connect it with the compatible network connection. Either you should use the 5Ghz WiFi connection.
- If any wire is destroyed, kindly change it.
3. Also, use some of these steps to fix the Netgear genie won’t work in Windows 10
These are more troubleshooting trips to tackle the problem, it is following:
- You might have to re-install the Netgear Genie app in your Windows 10 with its latest version.
- Locate the application of this Netgear device according to its model number.
- Make sure while you have to use the app, your computer still connects with the buff up internet connection.
- Reset the Netgear WiFi router and your system, in case, if the Netgaer genie app is not working.
- Update the firmware of the Netgear wireless router if this is not working.
- Disable the wireless isolation to solve the issue.
- Also, shut down your wireless enabling device for a minute and start it again, let’s justify the app is working now.
- Check the compatibility of this genie app in your Windows 10, if it is not compatible that means that is not working on your PC. In this case, you have to use this app in another system and let’s control your Netgear genie app.
- Also, try to log in to your OpenDNS account. Justify, in case, the DNS is set to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- If it is not fixed then perform a Netgear genie factory default settings after updating the device.
Thus, let’s keep updating your wireless router to fix the Netgear genie app not working in your windows 10. Surely, after this device, this occurring issue will be resolved.