The Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router transmits 10.8 GBPS speed with Tri-band technology. Moreover, its ultra-fast speed makes your streaming HD videos and gaming smooth. It has a lower latency rate for 4K/8k streaming. While its 1.8GHz quad-core processor provides connectivity up to 2500 square feet area. You can connect its robust network with 60 devices simultaneously.
The wifi 6e router is built with next-generation technology and it operates with 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz frequencies. It internally consists of eight antennas that provide reliable and strong connections without any interference. Besides this, its setup takes a few minutes and you can connect it with or without wire. It also supports Alexa and Google Assistant making your wifi Netgear network easy.
Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router- Technical specification
- Dimensions – 11.7 x 8.7 x 3.1 in (298 x 221.2 x 78 mm)
- Processor- Quard core 1.8
- Ports- 2 USB 3.0 ports, Five 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Security- Netgear Armor, Guest network, parental control, VPN support
- Wifi speed- AXE11000 (1.2+4.8+4.8Gbps)
- Weight- 3.2 lb (1.45 kg)
4x 4 Multi user MIMO
The Netgear RAXE500 Tri-band router uses the multi-user MIMO technology that provides seamless wifi speed with unlimited streaming on multiple devices at the same time.
The Netgear Armor is a highly advanced multilayer cyber security feature. It protects your network as well as your computers, mobile phones, laptops that are connected to your network. Besides this, it has multifarious features:
- Netgear Armor protects your confidential information from unknown sites.
- It protects your home network from being accessed by hackers. These hackers by using its different tools for acquiring sensitive information. Netgear Armor will inform you and block this activity.
- It consists of anti-theft protection that tracks the location of your devices.
- It keeps your network updated and alerts you for any unknown event.
- Armor uses the Bitdefender antimalware application that protects your device and network from malicious software.
Connect the Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router
In the following steps, we will explain how to connect the Netgear axe11000 wifi router (raxe500):
- Firstly, take all the hardware accessories Netgear router, power adapter, and ethernet cable from the box.
- After that, you have to place or mount it near your computers, laptops. Then, it will provide a seamless range.
- Further, connect the Netgear router’s internet port with the modem’s ethernet port by an ethernet cable.
- Then, connect one end of the power adapter with the router and plug the other end into the power socket.
- After that, press the power button of the router, meanwhile, its power LED illuminates white colour.
Now, the Netgear RAXE500 router is ready to connect.
Connect the network of the Netgear RAXE500 router
There are two methods to connect the network of the Netgear router (1) Wired connection (2) Wireless connection(WPS)
- Firstly, fix an ethernet cable with the LAN port of the router and connect it with your computer or laptop ethernet port.
- Then, go to the wifi setting of your device and select the Netgear network name from the list of network names.
- After that, enter the wifi network password and click on the connect option.
Finally, your device is ready to connect with the network of the Netgear RAXE500 router.
Wireless connection by wi-fi protected setup(WPS)
- Initially, press the WPS(wifi protected setup) button of the Netgear router.
- Afterward, follow the instructions according to the WPS connection.
- Now, connect its network to your connected devices and enjoy its high speed.
Netgear nighthawk setup
You can effortlessly set up the Netgear RAXE500 router through the Netgear Nighthawk app. Now, these are the steps that will tell its setup process:
- Initially, download this application from the play store on your smartphone.
- After downloading nighthawk app, create an account and type your current mobile number and enter other vital details for verification.
- Then, open this app and connect the network of the Netgear RAXE500 router.
- Enter the password of this Netgear nighthawk axe11000.
Now, you can monitor and control the activities of your home network at any time and anywhere.
Netgear RAXE500 router Login
If you want to view or change the setting of the Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router. Then, you have to log in first. These are the steps to login:
- First of all, go to the web browser of our computer or laptop that is connected with the Netgear router’s network.
- Then, type the routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- After a while, a login window will open.
- Enter username and default password here.
- Meanwhile, a home page will appear.
Now, you can check or modify the settings of your Netgear router.
Establish IPv6 internet connection
You can set up the IPv6 internet connection manually. If the Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router does not detect it automatically. It keeps your internet connection fast and secure. Just follow these few steps to establish this feature:
- As we discussed earlier, firstly, navigate the web browser of your connected device with the Netgear router.
- Then, type the IP(internet protocol) address of the Netgear RAXE500 mesh router.
- After a while, type the admin name and password and click on the login.
- Select the advanced option from the Home page.
- Choose the advanced setup and click on the IPv6.
- When you click on the IPv6 option, the IPv6 page will open.
- Now, from the internet connection type, choose your internet connection.
- Click on the apply button to set up this connection.
- If you have any doubt regarding this, you can ask your internet service provider(ISP).
Enable guest wifi network
Guest wi-fi network keeps your home network at one place and guest network to another place. The visitors or new clients can use the internet without the wifi password or with a new password. Therefore, it keeps safe your confidential information. The Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router has 3 guest wifi networks 2.4 GHz guest WiFi network SSID, 5 GHz guest WiFi network SSID, 6GHz guest WiFi network SSID
These following points you should obey to enable this guest wifi network on your router settings:
- The first and foremost step is to go to a web browser on your computer, laptop.
- Subsequently, enter the username and password of your Netgear router for login.
- Meanwhile, select the guest network from the menu.
- Then, the guest wifi network page will appear and you can choose the mentioned steps accordingly.
- Finally, click on the apply button to enable this option.
Update the Netgear RAXE500 router
Do you want to update the Netgear raxe500 firmware? A firmware update will update your device and it will be able to explore the new features on your device. If you do not update the outdated firmware of your router. It will create problems in the path of the router network. Therefore, these pinpoints will guide you on how to update the Netgear router’s firmware:
- Firstly, launch the web browser on your connected device.
- Afterward, type the website or IP address of the Netgear router.
- Then, enter the username and password of it and tap on the login.
- An administration page will open.
- Select the setting and click on the firmware update.
- Click on the check option.
- Click on the new firmware for download.
- Then wait for a minute and after a while, it will update.
Status of internet connection of the Netgear RAXE500 router
You can easily check the current status of the Netgear router’s internet connection. Now we will explain its steps how to check the status of internet connection:
- Initially, go to the web browser.
- Then, enter the admin name and password and click on the login.
- Then, the Home page will appear on the screen.
- Select the advanced option.
- After that, click on the internet status button to check it.
- Now an internet connection window will open. From here, you can check it.
Sometimes, the Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router does not connect to the internet. It has many reasons behind it, that we will mention here:
- The improper connection of the internet.
- The main power socket might be damaged.
- The impropers setup.
- The unsupported operating system of your connected devices.
Now we will explain its troubleshooting tips to overcome this problem in the following points:
- First of all, check the internet connection and contact your internet service provider technical support.
- Unplug your router and again set it up.
- Change the faulty power adapter.
- Plug it into the other power socket.
- Change the position of your Netgear router.
- Change the direction of the Netgear RAXE500 router’s antennas for better performance of its connectivity.
Netgear RAXE500 router review
The Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 router provides amazing features that secure your connected devices. It eliminates the dead zones from its signal and transfers the robust and fast speed of the network. Moreover, you can stream HD videos, download games, and file transfer files simultaneously. The installation is very easy and quick, even a layman can install it. If you have any doubts regarding the Netgear RAXE500 router, read its manual guide. That provides every important information about it.