The Orbi Mesh WiFi system from Netgear is a tri-band router that generates a throughput of around 6 Gbps. The Mesh system includes three satellites and a router. The system is apt to extend the coverage of 10,000 square feet bearing upto 100 devices at the same time. All these satellites connect with the router and establish a single network. Therefore, get rid of installing multiple routers or extenders at various places. You can do unstoppable gaming and enjoy 8K videos with its blazing speed. Using parental control, you can assign the threshold in one click.
The Netgear Orbi router, as well as satellite, has four ethernet ports. You can join an external device directly to these ports. It arrives with Netgear Armor security that retains your private data secure from online threats and other malicious activities. The key features of the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 AX6000 Mesh system are as follows.
Orbi AX6000 WiFi Mesh System Features
The eye-catching features of the Netgear Orbi system are as follows.
- Easy to setup- The Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi setup takes only a few minutes. You just need to download the Orbi app to complete it.
- Blazing Speed and Coverage- It delivers a super-fast speed of 6 GBps with a three-pack. It will be the best choice to extend your home network as it is capable of delivering a range of 10000 square feet.
- Single Network- The biggest advantage of this Mesh system is that it connects all the Satellites to form a single network. Enjoy unlimited streaming and gaming with a single network. The installation steps for the Orbi Mesh WiFi system are as follows.
Netgear Orbi AX6000 Installation
Unbox the Orbi shipment box and remove the packaging strips. Take out the router, satellites, power adapter, USB wire, and a user manual. Now go after these simple steps to complete the installation operation.
Cable the Orbi Router
- Turn off or unplug your modem from the power cycle. Evade unplugging the modem from the internet.
- Now attach the modem to the AC socket and turn it on.
- Next, join the ethernet wire to the Orbi router’s internet port.
- Attach the power adapter to the router port and then to the power socket. The PWR LED light glows. It means the Orbi router is turned on.
Position The Netgear Orbi Satellite
The position of the Orbi satellite should be within the coverage of the Orbi router to sync it. By seeing the LED of the satellite, you can adjust its position.
Sync Satellite with Orbi Router
The Orbi satellite detects the Orbi router by itself. To sync the satellite, go after the steps given below.
- After positioning the satellite, join it with the AC joint. The Orbi satellite white light blinks. The satellite detects the router and syncs it.
- Once the Orbi satellite blue light glows, it means the connection is splendid. But when it shows amber light, the connection is fair. In that case, move your Orbi router to the satellite or vice-versa.
Connect Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 system to the Network
There are two ways to join the Mesh system to the network. These are wireless or wired connections. Ensure that your PC is set to obtain a DHCP network.
- Join your PC with the router LAN port employing an ethernet wire.
- Check that the Orbi router is getting power. A message indication with an Ethernet cable is joined.
Look for the QR code identified on the Orbi router. Pick your mobile phone with Android version 10 or higher or iOS version 11 or higher. Open the camera app and scan the QR code. You can manually explore the network and connect to it.
- Search for the Device settings and look for the Orbi WiFi network.
- Hit on the network to join. It will demand you to type the passphrase. The passphrase is mentioned on the label of the router.
Wireless Connection using WPS
You can also join the Orbi router network with WPS.
When the Orbi router is blinking the PWR light, view the WPS instructions on the PC or other WiFi device.
Push the sync button and within two minutes, push the WPS on the WiFi device too. Go after the simple guide to complete the WPS connection. After following it, the PC connects successfully with the Orbi network. Next, look at the login procedure for the Mesh system.
You can do the Orbi login using two different ways. Use the web interface and Orbi app to do it.
Orbi App Login –
Download the Orbi app and install it for your mobile OS. The login page reveals. Typewrite the Netgear ID details while you enter for the first time and hit log in.
Web UI login-
On the browser, chase orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 in the explore section. Type the Orbi login password and username. Just hit the login icon to access the management page. The full setup guide for the Netgear Orbi AX600 system is as follows.
Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 Setup
There are two ways to accomplish the Orbi Mesh WiFi system setup. You can use the Orbi app or web browser to do the setup.
Orbi app Setup
- You need an Orbi app to accomplish the Mesh WiFi system setup.
- On the mobile phone or tablet, open the WiFi manager.
- Position your mobile phone or tablet close to the Orbi router and join the network. Download the Orbi app and install it for your mobile OS. You can also visit Orbi-app.com to download the app. Launch the app now.
- Create a Netgear ID or log in with details if you have already created it. Allow all the permissions demanded by the app.
- Scan the QR code and tap continue.
- The next page creates a network reveal. Go after the app instructions to accomplish the setup. At last, it will ask you to update the firmware, hit update. Next, tap next to finish the setup.
- You need a web browser to accomplish the Orbi setup without app. Go after the info to do it.
- Open a web browser and typewrite orilogin.com or the Netgear Orbi default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the explore section.
- When the login page opens, type the Orbi default password and username as password and admin sequentially. You can check the Orbi router label.
- The Orbi login page opens. Go after the screen instruction, if you had previously set up the network,
- After following the info, you are apt to accomplish the setup. Here is a troubleshooting guide for the Mesh system. These are as follows.
Orbi Mesh WiFi Troubleshooting
The troubleshooting guide will help you to get rid of the problems that occurred in the Orbi Mesh WiFi system. These are the main issues that users mostly face.
Is Orbi not getting an internet connection? Here are the solutions
If you are not getting the internet connection on the Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 system, then check the solutions given below.
- Reboot the modem that joined with the internet port of the Orbi router.
- Re-install the Orbi WiFi System with an app again.
- Try to connect with a different method. For example, if you have joined the Orbi Mesh wirelessly, then use the ethernet wire and check the internet connection.
- Maybe you are not in the range of the Orbi network. Get close to the network and check again.
- Upgrade the Orbi Mesh system firmware, if available.
- Contact your ISP that they are delivering the internet connection.
Is Orbi WiFi not working? Check keys
Sometimes, the Mesh system may not be due to many issues. Here are the solutions to get rid of it.
- The power wire is not attached correctly. Maybe the power outage occurred. Verify the AC socket is supplying current. If the power cables and power adapter are loose, then join them perfectly. You can judge via an Orbi router LED light.
- Do the Orbi Mesh system factory reset. For that, you need to push the reset button for around ten to fifteen seconds. The default settings have been configured. Check whether the Orbi WiFi is working or not.
- If the issue remains, contact the Netgear team for help.
Netgear Orbi review
It is the best Mesh WiFi system that I purchased till now. I grabbed this deal in the Amazon new year sale at the effective price of 1220 dollars. The setup is super simple and takes two to three minutes only. I installed it upstairs and it is delivering high speed throughout my apartment. It has been three weeks since I began using it. Overall, a good experience using this Mesh system. I commend users willing to purchase, should try once.