For the Setup of the Netgear range extender, it offers you different methods so that you can easily set up the device. One of the safe and easy methods is using the WPS Button to make the connection between the extender and the router. But when the Netgear Extender not connecting WPS then you need to check for the connections. As there might be multiple reasons when the Netgear extender fails to establish the WPS connection with the router. As we completely understand that when you are stuck into that problem then it feels annoying as well as irritating.
So if you are looking to troubleshoot the not connecting issue with the host router then it is suggested to read the following troubleshooting tips. Well, you need to go through the proper steps so that you can completely connect to the WPS connection. Sometimes, due to technical knowledge or skills, you failed to establish the WPS connection. So make sure to walk through step-by-step carefully.
Here are the Causes that why Netgear Range Extender WN3000RP not connecting WPS connection!
As you know that the WPS Connection is the easiest method and a good option to complete the setup on your own. It is a convenient option for those as well who are not tech-savvy and don’t know about the technical language. Byt what is the WPS connection does not work? So first we will know the reason that why it doesn’t connect to the router if we use the WPS connection.
- The first and foremost reason is that the mediocre router and the Netgear extender are too far from each other.
- The other reason is when the firmware of the router and the extender is not upgraded for a long time.
- Also, when your existing router does not support the WPS feature.
- It also is the cause of an error when you select an unfit location for the mediocre router or the Netgear range extender.
So these are the reasons that cause a problem in the WPS connection of the Netgear extender and the mediocre router.
Troubleshooting Tips to fix the Netgear Range Extender WN3000RP not connecting WPS connection error
Well, you are not alone who is dealing with this kind of problem. This is quite a common issue for the Netgear Range Extender WN3000RP users. Just try out the steps to get rid of the Netgear extender not connecting the WPS connection error.
Have you completed the WPS connection properly?
If the answer of this question is no or confusing then read the further steps to set up the WPS Button connection with the medicare router and the Netgear extender.
- In order to set up the WPS button connection, you need to set it as an extender mode by switching from the access point mode.
- Then, find a suitable location where the power LED becomes stagnant.
- In case the power LED will not blink then you can try with the power on or off button.
- Therefore, push the WPS Button of the Netgear extender and let the WPS LED blink.
- In less than three minutes, press the WPS button of the mediocre router as well.
- Now you need to stay until the WPS LED of the wifi range extender or the router lights up and stays solid.
- After doing so, unplug the normal range extender and then change the location and reposition it to the middle of the black dead spots or the mediocre router.
- Now you can plug in the device and wait until the power LED lightens up.
- Now you can connect wifi-enabled devices such as computers or mobile to the extended wifi network.
By following the above steps, you will set up the WPS connection in a proper way. Make sure to set up the normal extender step-by-step.
Does it show you an error message when the WPS is in the process?
First of all, you need to identify this problem and for that, you need to know its symptoms. Its symptoms are:
- Whenever you try to change, apply or save the settings then it will interrupt you with an error message and show you that the WPS is in progress.
- It also happens when you are unable to make free from the disturbing error message that disables the WPS feature from the setup wizard.
- The WPS LED will start blinking when you try to click on the apply button to save the WPS settings.
These are the symptoms that also help to identify the actual problem with the range extender. So that you will directly hit on the actual point and resolve the issues. Furthermore, let’s try to troubleshoot the WPS message error in just a few steps.
- The process starts by pressing or holding the WPS button of the mediocre router for thirty seconds.
- You can also press the WPS button until the WPS LES becomes stabilized.
- After doing so, click on the apply that you will find under the wireless settings option.
- When you first hit the WPS Button of the extender then the LED will start blinking like on or off consistently.
- It will soon become constant after this reaction.
Try these troubleshooting steps in order to fix the Netgear Range Extender WN3000RP not connecting WPS connection error.