Netgear router not working after firmware update
Well, there are several reasons why the Netgear router not working after firmware update. One of the major reasons is when you do not upgrade the firmware of the router in an appropriate manner. Netgear is the only brand that releases its new update every month for its users. It is because you will get a smooth networking experience. With the help of the new updates, the device stops lagging, which is usually interrupted by the dead or the black spots in your house. But when the steps of the firmware don’t perform in a right then you need to pay attention to your device instantly.
So the issue arises when the Netgear router does not work after the firmware update. As it is not a very common issue and occurs due to multiple reasons. Moreover, it is very crucial to know the actual reason behind this problem. Because if you know the actual problem then it is very easy for you to troubleshoot it on the spot.
Actual Reasons behind the Netgear router not working after firmware update
Sometimes the workaround completely depends on the major cause, that’s why you will experience problems while updating the firmware of the Netgear router. Besides, stability in the internet connection can also be the cause of the problem. So without any further ado, read out the accurate reasons behind the not working issue even after upgrading the firmware of the router.
- The Netgear router firmware update error occurs when you wrongly upload any other file instead of the firmware file.
- When you are experiencing a poor internet connection
- Due to overheating into the Netgear router or modem
- Disconnectivity into ISP or the internet outage
- Breached security or incomplete setup
- A bug in the system or any faulty wire.
Well, these are the reasons that bother the network connection and in the next section we will definitely figure it out with the best possible steps.
Quick Fixing Tips to recover from the Netgear router problems
So whatever the reason is fussing you and your Netgear router. Just try out the easy troubleshooting ideas on the basis of the aforementioned reasons. We hope that you will follow the steps in a proper sequence to avoid any further errors.
Troubleshooting steps to fix the Netgear router not working after firmware update error
Frequently, the updating of the firmware can break the system of the router. Thus, it generates the most common error that is the wifi signal stars falling to broadcast. Moreover, you can consider it as a major problem as our daily routine completely depends on the internet. Well, the first and foremost thing you need to do is to reset the Netgear router to its factory default settings. However, the steps of the reset are very simply performed below. So just try it out.
- Primarily, check the LED of the Netgear which should be powered on
- On the bottom of the Netgear router, you need to find the reset or the restore factory settings button.
- Now take a paper pin or any similar object in order to insert it into the hole for more than five seconds.
- After that, free the reset or the restore factory default settings button.
- Thus, the Netgear wireless router resets completely.
The resetting of the Netgear router is the best and the optimum solution to get rid of this problem.
Establish a secure internet connectivity
So here is another method to recover the firmware error with the Netgear router. Sometimes the firmware does not work even after upgrading the system of the router. This usually happens due to a lack of internet connectivity. To avoid this kind of situation, you can check the steps that are discussed below.
- Well, a simple restart of the router can clear out all the errors with the device. Simply disconnect all the cables of the Netgear router from its main power outlet and then hold up for 10 seconds. Therefore, plug it in again.
- Sometimes the physical objects or the walls can cause an interruption in the signal. For that, you need to put the Netgear router in the central location of your home. So the signal of the router can easily access every hidden corner of your house.
- The problem can be within the antennas. Whether it is an external antenna or the internal antenna. It should work properly. If you find an error with the antenna then immediately look for its replacement online.
- You can also change the wifi channel for the router. In case you are suffering from poor internet connectivity then in that case, you need to try to split the channels between the two channels by optimizing the best wireless channel or your router.
- Moreover, the reset is also a good option to get rid of any error with the router/extender. Thus, the reset steps have been defined in the aforementioned section.
These defined steps will surely work out if you follow them in an accurate way. With the help of these quick fix tips, the Netgear router not working after the firmware update error will resolve.