Netgear WiFi Extender Ethernet not Working
So you also get disturbed when the Netgear WiFi Extender Ethernet not Working. Also, the situation gets worse when you also don’t know the reason behind a particular problem. Obviously, that situation disturbs you the most. But you need not worry about any kind of problem that is related to the Ethernet connection which might not be working. Well, we’re gonna throw light on some of the topmost reasons why the Netgear range extender ethernet not working efficiently. Well, you need to try the most relevant and easy troubleshooting tips to resolve this particular issue.
Reasons why the Netgear WiFi Extender Ethernet not Working with the effective solutions
Whenever you try to access the website with mywifiext.net to set up the Netgear wifi range. Thus, when you try to connect the Netgear extender then you might receive an error message. Thus you are unable to connect to the site. This happens when mywifiext.net does not open on a regular website. Well, it is a local web address that is used to open the settings of the Netgear wireless range extender. Well, be sure that the wifi client devices are either physically connected via an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection. When you visit mywifiext.net on a computer then make sure that it should be connected to the Netgear extender network connection. Just walk through the instructions that are given below to fix the Netgear WiFi Extender Ethernet not Working
Implementation of the power cycle of the Netgear normal extender
So here is the first thing to get rid of this problem. You need to simply power cycle the wireless range extender. Just follow the instructions in order to power cycle the Netgear wifi booster.
- Firstly, disconnect the signal booster from the main wall outlet.
- After that, detach all the wifi devices that are connected to the wireless range extender.
- Thereafter, you need to wait for some time and replug all the cables to the Netgear wireless device.
- Thus, turn on the power of the wifi booster.
- Now you can connect all the wired or wireless devices to the wireless range extender.
Therefore, you can easily connect all the computers or the laptop to the ethernet port of the Netgear wifi repeater. Also, you can access www.mywifiext.net to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Fix the Ethernet cable of the Netgear wireless range extender
Well, there are few chances that the Ethernet cable might give you trouble. Before troubleshooting the signal booster’s Ethernet port we recommend you check for the Ethernet cable that you use with your Netgear extender. Make sure the Ethernet cable should not be damaged or cut-free. In order to fix this error, you have two simple options; either you can replace the damaged cable if you are using a damaged cable. Also, check for the wifi connection that you made with the wifi-enabled devices that shouldn’t be loose or detached.
Facilitate the Ethernet connection with the wifi signal booster
When the Ethernet port is not working then the issue appears and you will disable the Ethernet option. So to resolve or troubleshoot the error try the following steps:
- First of all, open the computer or laptop and press Windows + R keys.
- Thus a running window will open on your computer screen.
- Thereafter, enter devmgmt.msc and tap on the enter button.
- Now you can double-click on the network adapters.
- In order to enable the function, you can click on the enable button and check for the disable option.
- If you check for the disable option then it means that the Ethernet port of the Netgear wifi booster is already enabled.
Check for the update the firmware of the Netgear Signal booster
If you are using an outdated or old firmware of the Netgear wifi booster then it may also result in an issue. In order to prevent an issue, you might need to upgrade the firmware version of the Netgear signal booster. However, follow the given steps that will help you to update the firmware.
- Firstly, turn on the power of the Netgear range extender.
- Thereafter, connect your computer or laptop device to the available internet connection.
- Now load the internet browser on the wireless client device.
- Go to the address bar and navigate to the mywifiext.net setup page.
- Now, enter the admin credentials of the Netgear range extender and tap on the login button.
- On the windows screen, the dashboard will start appearing so that you can navigate to the wifi settings and check out for the firmware upgrade.
- Just hit on the update button and then go after the on-screen prompts to upgrade the wifi device.
Well, these are the troubleshooting tricks when the Netgear WiFi Extender Ethernet not Working and you can try to fix it with these helpful solutions.