Netgear WNDR3700 not Updating Firmware
It is important to upgrade the firmware of the Netgear router on time. Also, Netgear usually releases new updates to enhance the performance of the router and add more features with improved security. If you also want to update the firmware then there is a simple way to update the firmware of the router. You can upgrade the firmware through a webpage or via a Netgear Nighthawk app. But sometimes it happens when the Netgear WNDR3700 not Updating Firmware due to continuous lagging or interruption or any other certain reason. You need to know the accurate reason so that you can easily figure out the problem.
Well, it is very straightforward to overlook the firmware update of the Netgear router. Moreover, the firmware update does not mean seeking the attention of the general public. It brings new updates to boost up the performance of the Netgear wifi router. Also, it is very crucial. If you do not upgrade the firmware of the router on time then it will affect the performance of the device. Besides, the updates can be completed by using the Nighthawk app but what to do when it declines?
Why is Netgear WNDR3700 not Updating Firmware?
When the Netgear router failed to update its firmware then there might be both major and minor causes behind this problem. You need to recognize both the problems so that you can deal with your own problems. You can conveniently get rid of it if there is a minor error behind the not updating firmware issue. If there is a major error then you need to take the technical help; if you are not a tech-savvy person. If you love to play with technical parts then this post is for you. Keep reading the issues first to understand the actual problem.
- When you downloaded the corrupted firmware update
- The use of faulty or damaged cables can also lead to failure in the firmware update.
- Feeble network security issue with the newly installed firmware update
- Unoptimized positioning of netgear range extender with Netgear router.
- Due to the error in the hardware of the Netgear router
- Dull internet connectivity
- Perhaps, the PC or any system contains viruses, Trojans, malicious files or worms, etc.
These are the accurate cause when the firmware is not updating the Netgear router. In the next section, we’ll provide you with the troubleshooting steps to fix the error with the Netgear router.
Troubleshooting the Netgear WNDR3700 not Updating Firmware
After knowing the actual reason for the cause. Now it’s time to troubleshoot the problem by providing helpful suggestions. Make sure to read it completely before applying. If the cause matches the error then go for it. Otherwise, ask your technician to update the firmware of the Netgear router to avoid lagging and network interruption.
Reestablish the wireless devices
So the initial thing you will do is to reestablish or restart the device. Most of the Netgear router users consider this idea as the best option. Also, this is a very basic idea that even a non-tech-savvy user can apply by walking through the underneath steps.
- Initially, unplug all the cables and wires from the main Netgear router.
- Then unplug the modem as well.
- After unplugging the modem and router, wait until you feel that you have given more than enough time.
- Waiting after a couple of minutes, replug or establish the connection by connecting them to the power socket.
- The restarting process will take some load and then again try to install the firmware of the Netgear router and check if it works or not.
- After establishing the connection, go to the internet browser and type routerlogin.net and check the compatibility of the firmware.
If these steps do not work then try another one.
Try the latest Firmware of the Netgear Router
As you already know, the Netgear router releases new firmware updates. The new updates target enhancing the performance of the router and its network security. Moreover, you can also ensure that the Netgear wifi router is able to access all the additional features when they choose to install the new firmware upgrade. Sometimes it happens when the user installs the wrong firmware file and then it can harm its both hardware and software system. But try to follow the accurate procedure to install the right firmware version of your Netgear router. Once you get the new firmware file then install it.
Verify that you have an ultimate internet connection
Also, verify that the Netgear extender should have successfully installed the firmware of the Netgear router. To install the firmware you should have stability in the internet connection and make sure it is secure as well. The slow internet connectivity is also one of the major causes behind the failure of the Netgear router firmware update. Thus, it can create a constant interruption during the installation process. So be sure that you are accessing turbo speed internet connection with your mediocre router to install the firmware.
Check out for the malicious software into the Netgear router
Probably, it happens that the malicious software can be the actual cause of an unsuccessful firmware update. Sometimes, the users install the software a couple of times and still get defeated. In that case, you need to scan the device and check for the worms, viruses, or any malicious file in the software of the router. Check out the below–mentioned reasons why the firmware of the Netgear router may fail to update.
- When you upload the wrong file then make sure that you have selected the latest firmware update.
- When you are facing a slow internet speed then make sure to have a stable and fast speed internet connection.
- Also, avoid pressing the windows during the firmware update.
- Besides, scan your device to install the frame file to avoid malicious files or viruses into the device.
If you relate this post to your problem then start with restarting the device. Some of the problems end by restarting the router and the modem. By following the aforementioned suggestions you can avoid interruptions or errors during the firmware update on your system.