When the first computer’s invention happened, it was large enough to occupy an entire room. Today, almost every function of a computer is done by a mobile device. This is how the whole technology revolution has taken place. I am talking about technology because you will be introduced to one of those incredible inventions today. I am talking about a USB WIFI adaptor. A USB WiFi adapter is a device that provides a more reliable connection to the available network signals through the USB port overriding the computer’s built-in function. Since most computers have at least one USB port, you will typically use it on laptops and desktops. OURLINK is coming up with a USB WIFI wireless adaptor with 1200mbps network speed, compact, and suitable for laptops or desktop systems. Here in this article, you will learn all about this device. The details of ourlink 1200Mbps is below.
Specification of the OURLINK USB WIFI Adaptor
- Brand and Manufacturer – OURLINK
- Dimensions of the device- 16.51 cm*13.21 cm*1.78 cm
- Weight – 68 Grams
- Hardware Interface – USB 3.0
The device does not require any battery supply. OURLINK USB WIFI Adaptor easily supports Windows 10/8/8.1/7/vista/xp/2000, and also mac 10.4 to 10.13. The adaptor works with dual-band 2.4g/5g.
Features of OURLINK USB WIFI Adaptor
- Provides high-speed dual-band WiFi – OURLINK USB WIFI Adaptor gives maximum speed up to 5GHz 867 Mbps or 2.4GHz 300 Mbps, ideal for online gaming and seamless HD video streaming. It is also featured with ultra-fast AC1200 wireless adapter speed.
- Mini Hardware Design and Handy to Use – The device is small in size and very easy to handle.
- Easy to use with any WiFi router – By using this wireless network adapter, you can easily update your PC, Laptop, or Desktop to work with the latest dual-band router for faster speed, extended range, or work.
- High Compatibility – The device is handy to use with Windows and Mac.
How to setup OURLINK USB WIFI Adaptor?
The device is compact and easy to set up. You can easily set it up to use. Please follow the instructions to set up the device.
- Download the application from the given link https://goo.gl/6aMGMV
- Please do Right-click on the driver file and choose the ‘unzip to’ to unzip it firstly.
- Then double-click on “setup” to install the driver, and here your device installation is done.
How you can use the OURLINK USB WIFI Adaptor paring up with your system
- Insert the CD or download the driver from the online driver link to install the program.
- Please insert the Ourlink WiFi adapter to connect to the USB port.
- Please open the REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Utility > click available networks > select the network signal and connect.
While using the device, Remember:
- Please install the driver first, then insert the WiFi adapter into USB ports.
- Turn off the built-in WiFi when you use this product on the laptop if your computer has the built-in WiFi.
- Please plug the WiFi dongle into the USB ports behind the computer host if you have a desktop.
1) Can a 3g WiFi dongle be used as a wireless USB adapter?
Yep, 100%, you can use a 3G WiFi dongle as like as a wireless USB adapter.
2) What kind of USB WiFi adapter do I need?
What to Look for in a USB Wireless Adapter. So, you will probably want an 802.11ac wireless adapter if you have an 802.11ac router and a fast enough USB 3.0 port on your computer. But if your router or your USB ports aren’t fast enough, you don’t need to spring for the AC adapter–wireless N is probably fine.
3) Can I use a USB WiFi adapter on a TV?
If your TV doesn’t have an ethernet cable, don’t fret just yet. Today, some modern TVs have arrived with an in the built-in function of wireless network connections, and You can use it to connect your TV to the internet. Many televisions have an optional wireless USB adapter, which can be used as wireless networking.
4) What should I look for when buying a WIFI adapter?
You should look for these six essential factors in choosing the right WiFi adapter for your system-
- Wireless protocols
- Choose in between USB or PCI
- Type of USB ports
- Wireless frequency: 2.4GHz or 5GHz
- Built-in Quality
- Adopter Size
5) How can I use a 3g dongle as WIFI?
How to configure Data card or a USB dongle as a WiFi Router
- Connect the 3G Dongle in the USB slot.
- Connect the router with the LAN wire that you get with the router.
- You can see the router configuration page and specify your ISP provider.
- Enter the required fields and set a password.
6) Is a WiFi adapter better than Ethernet?
Because Ethernet uses cables, it tends to work slightly faster than a wireless connection. Wireless connections are a bit slower than Ethernet, but it provides the convenience of operating within the range. Today, WiFi hotspots are readily available and can be found in many places. Thus, the choice entirely lies between speed and convenience.
7) How do wireless USB adapters work?
A wireless adapter has to obtain signals from inside the computer, change them into radio waves and send them out via an antenna. In the case of the desktop computer, the electronic card either plugs into a PCI slot inside the computer case, into a USB port from the outside, or into an Ethernet port via an Ethernet network cable.
8) How do I connect to WiFi via USB?
On the Android device
- Primarily, you will need to connect your Android device to your Windows device with a USB lead.
- Once you have done with it, please open the Android Settings app and press the More button in the Wireless & Security section, and hit the Tethering & portable hotspot option.
- Turn on USB tethering, and you are connected.
9) How can I convert my 3g Dongle to 4g?
Otherwise, there is no way to convert a 3G dongle to a 4G dongle manually. But if you wish to use a Reliance Jio Sim for your 3G Dongle, then YES, it is possible. The process’s first step needs to get your SIM card to be inserted into any dongle. You will require the pre-activated Jio SIM card to get inserted into the Dongle.
10) Is a USB WiFi adapter better than an internal?
There are many different types of WiFi technologies. Merely having a “USB” adapter doesn’t mean that it is any better than your internal card. The card connects to your computer doesn’t make much difference.
11) How can I increase the speed of my USB WiFi adapter?
Move your computer closer to the Wireless Router-
The simplest way to boost your WiFi signal when using a USB WiFi adapter is to move your computer closer to the WiFi router.
12) Can a Wireless USB Adapter be used as a router?
Windows has a “feature” called ICS or Internet Connection Sharing. By configuring this, you can bridge your wired network adapter and the WiFi adapter to create a single network and function as a wireless access point. In short, you do not need to turn your PC into a wireless access point but into a router.
13) How do I connect a USB wireless adapter to my PC?
Follow the instructions to connect the adapter to PC-
Please Plugin your wireless USB adapter to an available USB port on your computer. If your wireless adapter comes with a USB cable, you may plug one end of the line to your computer and connect the other end on your wireless USB adapter.
14) Is USB WIFI good for gaming?
A suitable wireless adapter for gaming is the USB Wireless Adapter. They might be suffering from being slightly slower than the PCI-E wireless card, but nowadays, with the USB 3.0, which is far better and faster than the USB 2.0, along with 802.11ac wireless, you should not have any problem gaming on this type of adapter.
15) How can I make my WiFi adapter stronger?
- Select a Good Place for Your Router.
- Keep Your Router Updated.
- Get a Stronger Antenna.
- Cut Off WiFi Leeches.
- Buy a WiFi Repeater or Booster or Extender.
- Switch to a Different WiFi Channel.
- Control Bandwidth-Hungry Applications and Clients.
- Use Latest WiFi Technologies.
16) What is the difference between a WiFi dongle and a WIFI adapter?
A wireless WiFi USB adapter and WiFi dongle are essentially the same things. A WiFi adapter has an operative part, i.e., the WiFi receiver, also called radio, a built-in adapter or external USB adapter. WiFi radio is the device that sends or receives a WiFi signal that has a WiFi transmitter or a receiver.
17) How long does a WiFi USB adapter last?
So, if you connect or disconnect your device say four times a day, it should last about a year. Remember, however, that the female socket in your computer or USB hub wears out too.
18) Are WiFi USB adapters suitable?
Because most USB wireless adapters don’t pack any external antennae, they are less powerful. If you buy a high-quality adapter capable of 802.11n or 802.11ac transmission and have a clear line between the adapter and the router, you may get very respectable WiFi speeds.
19) How do I use a USB WiFi adapter?
How to use a Wireless WiFi adapter-
- first of all, please install the provided software and drivers onto your computer.
- Now, kindly connect the USB adapter into a free USB port.
- Then, perform a scan for all access points in the area From the Dongle’s software.
- Then, please try to connect to the router.
- You will be asked for a security key, you have to enter it, and your work is done.
20) How do I connect a wireless adapter to Windows 7?
Follow the steps for Windows 7
- Please visit the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Now, select the Networking and Sharing Center, followed by hitting the Network and Internet category.
- Select Change adapter settings from the options on the left-hand side menu.
- Please do Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable.
OURLiNK 1200Mbps USB 3.0 Wifi Adaptor Review
Whiling looking for a sound WiFi card, I get to know about Our link WIFI adapter on a site, and I purchased it after reading the many good reviews. After a quick and easy installation of Our link 1200Mbps, 5GHz wireless adapter, my system achieved an increased network speed. I also have an even older Dell laptop with WiFi that annoyingly kept dropping frequently. Tried several fixes to no avail. I was ready to toss this laptop without a rock steady WiFi connection. With our link wireless adapter’s success on my newer Dell laptop, I tried installing it on my older laptop.
After installing, my average download speed increased by 88%. More importantly, since I installed the OURLINK adapter, I haven’t experienced a lost internet connection. My laptop has been given new life and saved from the electronics graveyard. As I was pleased with my initial purchase, I purchased a second OURLINK USB WiFi 1200Mbps adapter. I installed the 1200Mbps adapter on my newer Dell laptop, which improved the download speed by 22% to 174Mbps. Based on my experience over OURLINK products’ performance, effectiveness in improving internet speed, ease of installation, and terrifying price, I highly recommend their wireless adapters.