The Philips Hue smart bridge is a gadget that operates with your lights from wherever. It proffers you to manage the Hue smart accessories such as Philips Hue bulbs or other congruent products using a Philips Hue app. You can join up to 50 bulbs to your residence briskly and wirelessly. It won’t feeble your device to the WiFi box network. The industry and futuristic security system shields from hackers attaining access to your Hue products.
The Philips Hue system can be advanced by setting up the timers and alarms, dimming the smart lights connecting various apps. Control your lights even more with voice commands by connecting to Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Homekit. Apart from that, some useful features of the smart Hub are as follows.
Philips Hue Smart Hub Features
Some highlighted features and specks for what the Philips Hue smart bridge is known for.
– Link your smart light to the Hue bridge and grant access from wherever with a Hue app. Fix the light routine to turn it on or off for your peace of mind. It grants you to link your Hue bridge to Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri. Just give the voice commands to on or off the Philips smart products.
Links Add-ons with Zigbee Smart Device
– Boosts your smart bulbs experience by joining other add-ons such as motion sensors, dimmer switches, etc. Link up to 12 add-ons to your Philips Hub to automate your room. As it is a Zigbee product, thereby consumes low power and saves electricity costs.
– Just install your Hue bridge and link it with your gadgets with the Hue app. The full install and setup guide are discussed below.
Philips Hue Bridge Setup
Setting up the Hue bridge will permit you to turn on or off the lights with an app. Before that, you ought to plug in the cords to the bridge. Obey the given info to do that.
Step 1: Philips Hue Bridge Ethernet Cable Connections(Hardware Setup)
The hardware setup of the Smart Hub begins from here. Obey the steps to accomplish it.
- Unpack the Philips Hue starter kit by lifting the wraps and tapes. Remove the Philips Hue bridge, one network cord, and a DC adapter.
- First, inject one side of the network cord into a free jack of your WiFi box(router).
- Now join the remaining side of the network cord to the LAN jack of your Hue bridge.
- Put the power cord to the rear of the Hue smart Hub and the DC adapter side to the electric receptacle or surge protector beside your WiFi box.
- The Philips Hue smart bridge lights will be lit up one by one. Remain calm until all three lights become firm. This could take 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next, install all the Philips Hue bulbs considering the space 30 to 50 feet from the Hue bridge. Power on the bulb switch. The bulb will glow yellow by default.
Step 2: Install Philips Hue App Installation
Obey the steps to get the Hue app on your cell phone or tablet.
- Install the Hue app on your Cell phone or tablet.
- The app is available for iOS and Android platforms. For that, proceed to your mobile application store and enroll Hue app.
- The Philips Hue app manifests on the interface.
- Touch install or get the symbol. Wait for the Hue app installing process to conclude.
Step 3: Philips Hue Smart Hub Setup(Hue App)
Once the Hue app is installed on your cell phone, obey the info to finish the setup.
- Before proceeding to set up the Hue smart bridge with an app, assure that your cell phone links with the identical WiFi box network as the Bridge is connected to.
- Now, launch the Hue app and finish the intro. It will hunt for the Hue bridge automatically. This process could take some time.
- When the interface with 1 Hue bridge is found, touch the setup tab.
- On the next interface, it will tell you to hold the push link button. Clasp the push link button firmly. The Hue app is now linked to the Bridge.
- The update shows, if available. If yes, then touch the update button. The bridge is now configured successfully.
How to set up Philips Hue with Alexa?
Connecting the Philips Hue bridge to the Alexa will grant you to operate and control it just by delivering the voice commands.
- Open the Alexa app linked to your Echo device
- Chase the menu section on the top flank by touching three horizontal lines.
- Pick up the Skills and Games option. Next, look for the explore symbol on the top right flank on the interface, tap it.
- Now enroll Hue and see the results. Pick up the Philips Hue from the search list. It will demand some permissions, enable it.
- The Philips Hue authentication interface reveals, enroll it. Once the signing process is concluded, hit discover devices. Facing an issue even after accomplishing the Hue bridge setup with a Hue app? Check the troubleshooting tips below.
Philips Hue Smart Bridge Troubleshooting
Facing the issues while operating the device is common if you have done something wrong while configuring it. Some problems with the best solution are given as follows.
Philips Hue bridge not connecting to internet? Check the solutions
If your Philips Hue bridge is not joining the WiFi box internet, here is the acceptable key to fix it.
- Get sure that the bridge is joined straight to the WiFi box with an ethernet cord. If it is connected using various surge protectors, bypass them.
- All the three lights on the Hue smart Hub should be firm. It should not be illuminating.
- Get sure that your cell phone links with the identical WiFi box network as the Bridge are connected to
- Examine the router cords configuration while it is connected to the modem. If something is wrong, then repair it.
- If you have a dual band WiFi box, join the Hub with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency channels.
- Maintain the distance inbetween the WiFi box, Philips Hub, and the smart bulbs. It should not be distant from 50 feet and in proximity to 30 feet.
- If the Philips Hue internet light blinking randomly, it means the internet has not been established to your Hub yet
Philips Hue bridge not turning on? Here are the solutions
Philips Hue bridge is not turning on? Don’t brood. Here are the possible reasons with solutions.
- The first light on the Hue bridge is a power LED. it should be firm. Probe that the Hue smart Hub is receiving current.
- Affirm that the wired connections you have done are exactly as mentioned above.
- Go for the Philips Hue smart Hub reset operation. To reset it, go after these straightforward steps.
- Discover the little gap on the Hub to do the Philips Hue smart bridge reset operation.
- Take a small stick or similar equipment and force it into the gap for 7 seconds.
- The Philips Hue bridge power light blinking initiates. It signifies that the Hub is resetting.
- Once the reset operation is accomplished, the Hue setting will be swapped to the default one.
- If the Hue bridge reset not working, then check that the power LED light is stable. Otherwise, contact the Philips team and ask for help.
A play and play product works very well till the day of purchase. I already have a Hub and it is not working now. So I purchased this one. I am able to turn off or on the lights simply using an app. The setup is super easy and takes two to three minutes. As it is a Zigbee product, it costs very little electricity and saves you money. Overall, a good experience using this Hub. Highly recommended.