The Rand McNally TND550 GPS is a next-generation truck navigator which is designed with 5” inch largest screen resolution (pixels) up to 480×854. Through its touchscreen display, you can easily read its GPS navigation and more alerts or information like weather overlays, 3D buildings and landmarks, fuel prices, and updated information. It is ordinally made and only dedicated for Truck GPS navigation that operates with RAND navigation 2.0. This contains a TN panel and touch panel.
The Rand McNally 5-inch truck GPS is easily installed in any truck with the suction cup. This GPS navigator has Maps Navigation Software that comes with all new maps (including the USA and Canada Lifetime Maps). The Garmin truck GPS is usually useful for better truck routing and showing real-time traffic. It also uses wireless communication technologies such as Bluetooth, USB (USB Connection), and wireless. This GPS navigator also includes some extras and special features such as Touchscreen, Bluetooth, Lane assist,s, and other display features.
Rand McNally TND550 GPS Installation
You can install it by following the below steps. These steps guide you on how to use the Rand McNally TND550 GPS easily.
(i) Unboxing the Rand McNally TND 550 5-inch GPS Truck Navigator:
- Firstly, take out all the necessary items or accessories from its packaging box.
- Take the Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS and make a space in your truck to mount it.
- Afterward, also take all the accessories from the packaging box which is such as:
(i) TND™ 550 GPS Unit
(ii) Suction cup mount with adjustable bracket
(iii) Vehicle charger
(iv) Mini USB cable
(v) Anti-glare screen protector
(vi) Rand McNally TND550 Manual
(vii) Quick installation guide
- Now, you can start your truck GPS navigator installation and before installing it kindly must read the Rand McNally 550 manual especially for getting the safety instructions.
- Thus, start your GPS navigator installation by following the below-given steps.
(ii) Installation of the Rand McNally TND 550 5-inch GPS Truck Navigator:
- Before starting the installation, firstly you have to choose an optical location, which is fully opened and ventilating that is easily helpful for reaching the GPS satellites.
- Make a space in your truck and also clean and dry the area for mounting it.
- Mount it by using the suction cup and adjust it by using the thumbscrews.
- Now, mount it and pull the suction cut accordingly.
- Afterward, using the power cord plugin and also plug its main power accessing switch in the vehicle’s power source.
- You can also use this GPS alongside the vehicle’s speaker plugs by using an AUX cable, simply connect it with the vehicle’s AUX cable port.
- Thus, mount it by holding up the suction cup and mount it.
- Adjust the TND 550 5-inch GPS device accordingly and look that it can be easily seen.
- Eventually, the Garmin Rand TND 550 5-inch GPS is installed now properly.
So, these are some steps that help install the TND 550 5-inch GPS navigator easily. After installing it, turn on its power and start it working after connecting it with wireless technology.
Rand McNally TND550 GPS connecting with wireless communication technologies
Three wireless communication technologies help detect and find the location easily. Therefore, below are some steps for connecting the TND550 GPS device with all technologies.
(i) Rand McNally TND550 GPS connecting with the wireless network:
- Before connecting the wifi network use the 802.11 b/g/n standard wifi technology network connect it.
- After that, configure the wifi technology router or mobile network to connect the GPS device.
- Turn on your mobile hotspot and internet.
- Connect your device after turning on its power.
- Firstly, install the Rand McNally truck GPS app using https://www.randmcnally.com to install the Rand Navigation 2.0 app.
- Thus, open this app and start your GPS device registration.
- Using this app, you can easily get notifications about the Rand McNally Truck GPS update.
- After registering it, walk through its setting and using the network settings go into the wifi setting.
- Choose your mobile hotspot name and then connect it with the wifi network by using the password.
- Thus, it successfully connects with the wifi network and now thoroughly enjoys its network.
(ii) Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS connecting with Bluetooth connection:
- If your device is already installed, then you can go into its setting via its touchscreen.
- Now, you have found the settings for Bluetooth connection and turned it on.
- Afterward, also turn on your mobile Bluetooth connection.
- Now, search this device name on your mobile phone Bluetooth connection displaying screen.
- Find and click on your device name and pair both devices using the pairing option.
- After pairing it, manage and use the Rand McNally maps GPS easily using your mobile device.
- Finally, it is altogether connected with your mobile phone’s Bluetooth connection.
(iii) Rand McNally TND 550 truck GPS connecting with USB cable:
- Before turning on its power, kindly join the USB cable in the USB port which is also giving on the GPS navigator gateway.
- Find it and connect this port with a USB cable.
- After joining the USB cable, turn on the GPS device power.
- Now, it is properly connected with a USB cable and you can use it for finding your Rand McNally directions.
These are some above steps for connecting the TND 550 GPS navigator with several wireless communication technologies.
Rand McNally TND550 Manual
The Rand McNally 5-inch truck GPS manual comes up with various specifications and instructions. Get more than queries answered through the manual. By reading the TND550 manual, find answers to your basic queries like How to use the TND550 GPS navigator? How to update the Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS Rand McNally? How to reset the Rand McNally TND550? How to fix the Rand McNally TND550 GPS keeps shutting off? How to connect the Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS with my android phone? How to register the Rand McNally TND550 GPS? How to use the Rand Navigation 2.0 app on android phones? How to solve the Rand McNally TND 550 problems? How to repair the Rand McNally TND 550? or more. Therefore, you must read the Rand McNally TND 550 user manual and get your queries answered. To get more instructions regarding this device, then follow the given instructions here.
Rand McNally 5-inch truck GPS Setup
To manage your device properly then you have to simply follow the below-given instructions and step-by-step guide for the Rand McNally TND550 GPS Setup.
- After turning on its power, its touch screen displays the various options for operating it easily. It shows like:
(i) Settings option: To change the GPS navigator’s various settings.
(ii) Apps option: This option, display the installed apps and manage those apps.
(iii) Wi-Fi Indicator option: It is for displaying the wifi network status.
(iv) Bluetooth Indicator option: this option is available for displaying the Bluetooth connection.
(v) Volume Indicator option: This is for changing the setting of its sound.
(v) Brightness Indicator option: It is for changing the brightness settings.
(vi) System Update: Through this option, you can change your system version with the new version.
(vii) Current time option: This option mainly for changing the time and date.
(viii) Battery power indicator option: This shows the battery status.
- So, if you want to change your GPS setting then, open the visible setting option by tapping on it.
- After that, change your Rand McNally 5-inch truck GPS settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Make all changes according to your device and finally tap on the “ok” and “save changes” options.
Eventually, the TND 550 Truck GPS navigation system setup is altogether completed now properly. Simply, follow these above steps for managing your GPS device.
Rand McNally TND 550 problems
Below are some Rand McNally TND 550 problems, which are mainly occurring while you are using it.
- Rand McNally GPS does not turn on or not working.
- The Rand McNally Truck GPS not responding.
- Rand McNally Server down.
- Sometimes, the Rand McNally TND 550 not charging.
- Rand McNally GPS is not able for a hard reset.
- Many times, the rand McNally tnd 550 won’t turn on.
- The rand McNally tnd 550 GPS not updated.
- Rand McNally TND 550 Not connecting with the internet.
- The Rand McNally TND 550 is not connected to a USB cable.
- The Rand McNally TND 550 not pairing.
Rand McNally TND 550 Truck GPS Troubleshooting
Get a solution to resolve the various TND 550 truck GPS problems through the below-given steps which are useful for fixing this device’s various problems.
- To fix the Rand Mcnally tnd 550 won’t turn on, simply reset and also do the Rand Mcnally tnd 550 battery replacement.
- If your Rand Mcnally tnd 550 is not connecting to the internet, then you can again connect your mobile device to the internet in this GPS and be sure that you should connect to the correct mobile network.
- Sometimes, the Rand McNally TND 550 not pairing, because surely you have to pair the wrong device. Before pairing it, please make sure that you have to pair the correct devices.
- Many times, the Rand McNally Truck GPS not responding then you have to do the Rand McNally TND 550 screen replacement and check it again.
- Moreover, if the Rand McNally tnd 550 GPS does not update, then you should reboot the GPS device and also connect it again with wireless communication technologies.
- If your GPS touchscreen shows a Rand McNally Server down then update your GPS server with the latest version. After updating it, check it again.
So, these are some above-given steps for the Rand McNally TND 550 Truck GPS Troubleshooting. By using these above-given steps, you can solve your GPS navigator problems.
Rand McNally TND550 GPS Reviews
Some time ago, being a truck driver I needed wireless technology using a GPS navigator. I am a truck driver in Canada. So, I bought a very smart and touch screen GPS navigator through amazon. Before purchasing it, I first read the Rand McNally TND550 GPS Reviews. I am very shocked because there are many customers. Rand McNally GPS loves Truck Stop and gives a positive response. The Rand McNally GPS Price is very affordable, I purchased it on a very short budget. So, I enjoy its service and give to many truck drivers the Rand McNally 550 GPS reviews to use it and reach their locations easily.
Q1. How to use the TND550 GPS navigator?
Simply, plug the Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS navigator and turn on its power. After turning on its power, use it according to screen instructions.
Q2. How to update the Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS Rand McNally?
Through the Rand McNally TND 550 Truck GPS touchscreen giving option “System Update”, you should update it by following the on-screen instructions.
Q3. How to reset the Rand McNally TND550?
Before restarting it, press and hold the Rand McNally TND550 power button for five to fifteen seconds or until your device can not give any notification regarding the reset process. After resetting it, turn on its power again by pressing the power ON and Off.
Q4. How to fix the Rand McNally TND550 GPS keeps shutting off?
If you want to fix the Rand McNally TND550 GPS that keeps shutting off, then simply reboot and restart your GPS device by pressing the power ON/Off button.
Q5. How to connect the Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS with my android phone?
To connect the Rand McNally TND550 Truck GPS with the android phone, firstly you have to pair both devices using a wireless connection or using a Bluetooth connection. Eventually, after pairing both of them devices use it accordingly.
Q6. How to register the Rand McNally TND550 GPS?
Simply, install the Rand Navigation 2.0 app through https://www.randmcnally.com. After installing it, by following the app navigations, you should register it.
Q7. How to use the Rand Navigation 2.0 app on android phones?
You can use the Rand Navigation 2.0 app very easily like another app, but simply you have to register your GPS.
Q8. How to solve the Rand McNally TND 550 problems?
If you want to think about resolving the Rand McNally TND 550 problems, then just follow the TND 550 user manual instructions and specifications that are given in the troubleshooting guide.
Q9. How to repair the Rand McNally TND 550?
If you want to repair your truck GPS device then just you can do the Rand Mcnally tnd 550 battery replacement and Rand Mcnally tnd 550 screen replacement and repair it.