Ravpower Rp-wd03 Setup, Installation, Review
The Ravpower rp-wd03 file hub router is kind of a device that acts as a router and as a multipurpose electrical device. It is design in such a way that the internet is through Ethernet cable and sends it out to the world without the wired connection. This is a portable device, You can take it with you if you are about to travel and stay in a hotel that has a wire portal in the room. The Filehub can act both as a Wi-Fi bridge & wireless extender. The Filehub is just about 4.5 x 3 x 0.9 inches and weighs only 198 grams. So the file hub router is a perfect device for people who are in fieldwork. Thus this device is a perfect one for the people who travel all around, Thereby giving an all-around performance by means of providing a wifi network.
FEATURES OF RAVPOWER RP-WD03 HUB ROUTER:
- File hub router can be combine with your existing Wi-Fi network to extend the existing network signal strength,
- The Filehub router supports 2G or 5G networks and even both and it includes all kinds of security features.
- Ravpower rpwd03 Filehub router has 802.11 ac/b/g/n networking for maximum serving compatibility with both the old and new wireless devices.
- rp-wd03 ravpower router is power backed by a 6700 mAh battery, which is more than enough to power the router all day & the battery can provide a 2-ampere charge for any of your USB devices. The device can be charged using a micro USB cable.
- The Filehub supports an external storage option. It has a standard USB port to connect a flash drive / hard drive. by using the free Filehub app on your iOS / Android phone or tablet, you can use the connected USB storage with your mobile phones. You can use it to transfer photos, videos, documents, large source files from your mobile or laptop. You can also use the Filehub’s external USB storage like a hard drive on your Mac / Windows.
- The Filehub glows when you use it to move files, especially via an SD card. Photographers will be excited to find out the Filehub can automatically copy the contents and source files of an SD card to storage attached to the USB port. You can also offload the photos from an SD card to a hard drive without the use of a computer. Just connect the USB hard drive, Insert the SD card & press the SD to USB transfer button which will be mount beside the device, and wait for the SD card icon to stop flashing.
STEPS IN CONFIGURING THE RAVPOWER ROUTER:
Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. you will be able to see blue led light in the middle led. This denotes that the wireless router mode is turn on successfully.
After that, Use your mobile phone or pc to connect through wifi to your file hub.
Go to the browser and get into this website https://10.10.10.254, this is the internet provider address of your file hub.
Now you need to enter the username and password, therefore you will be log in.
Click on the network settings.
Then click on the internet tab, thereby you will face a dimmed screen it is due to the scanning process of the file hub router.
Select the triangle in the text box to select a wireless network and type the password and then click the save option.
NOTE: If the device is successfully configured, you will see the lighting up of a led.
These are the steps involve in the configuration process.
LIGHT INDICATIONS IN RAVPOWER RP-WD03 ROUTER:
There are two types of light indications in the file hub router.
1. Battery indication LED:
- The glowing of all the 4 LED light indicates that the battery percentage ranges from 76% – 100 %.
- Glowing of 3 LED light denotes that the battery percentages range from 51% – 75%.
- Glowing of 2 light indicates that the battery percentage ranges from 26% – 50%.
- The glowing of only one ( 1 ) LED light indicates that the battery percentage ranges from 0% to 25%.
2. Configuration and connection LED:
- Flashing blue light denotes system loading.
- Solid blue denotes that the system is completely loaded.
- Flashing green denotes that the device is connecting to the internet.
- The solid green light indicates that the device is connects to the internet.
TYPES OF MODES IN RAVPOWER RP-WD03 HUB ROUTER:
1. ACCESS POINT MODE:
The file hub device will automatically become an access point, once when you
- First of all, Power on the file hub router.
- Once when you Plug a network cable from a well-establish router to the FileHub router & wait for the blue Wi-Fi indicator light to stop flashing and remain stable.
- Now, Connect your mobile phone to the FileHub router wirelessly. After this process, the FileHub will be connects to the Internet. No need to change any sought of parameters once it attains an Access Point.
2. ROUTER MODE:
The FileHub router connects to a DSL / cable modem and turns it into a proper wireless router.
Example: IOS / Android
- Firstly, Power on the FileHub router thereby plugging it into the socket.
- Now, Plug an Ethernet cable which is a well-established modem to the FileHub router.
- After that, Connect the phone to the FileHub Royer wirelessly.
- Then login into 10.10.10.254 via the browser.
- Now, Click the Settings option & then select Network and Save it.
3. BRIDGE MODE:
- Bridge mode connects to an existing Wi-Fi network & broadcast it as a new wireless network signal.
Note: On bridge mode, the wifi speed the half of the original network speed. 5 GHz Radio Frequency did not support Bridge Mode
FIRMWARE UPGRADATION OF THE FILE HUB ROUTER :
To upgrade the firmware of the device, Kindly follow the below-given steps.
- First of all download the firmware from the RAVPOWER website – http://www.ravpower.com/downloads-RP-WD03.html.
- Unzip it using the WinRAR software.
- Now, Insert an external hard disk into the file hub router.
- Try to connect the file hub through a wireless connection.
- After that, Open google chrome and enter 10.10.10.254.
- Then open the settings select system settings option opt for firmware upgrade and select the file.
- Now, click upgrade firmware.
NOTE: You will have to wait for a few minutes to provide time for the device to get upgraded through firmware.
WAYS TO FACTORY RESET THE RAVPOWER
There are two different ways through which you can reset the device, They are
In the same way, Take an ejector pin / a needle and ping it on the reset button which will be found next to the USB portal, Hold until the LED light blinks and release it & give some time for the device to get rebooted.
RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS:
On the computer / in mobile enter into the file hub router app, and then click the factory reset option & save the settings
PROBLEMS WITH FILE HUB DEVICE:
- First of all, Exposure to high heat can cause damage or explosion.
- Now, Charging your device through the file hub, when the file hub is charging can cause internal damage to the device.
- After that, Turning on & off continuously when the device battery is fully charged or low. This should be done regularly or else it can lead to internal damage of the device.
- The file hub devices portal should be kept clean.
Thus we have seen the about the features, set up, light indications, types of modes, updating of the firmware, ways to reset, and the issues with the file hub router. This product is really valued for the money.