RBKE963 Orbi wifi system
The Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system is a combination of one wifi mesh router and its two amazing high-range satellites. It spreads the wifi network up to 9000 square feet areas and a 10-gigabit internet port transmits data with a fast and robust speed. Moreover, it is built with WIFI 6E new generation technology. Its turbocharged technology enhances the wifi performance and provides a better network range. The parental and guest network provides security, monitoring facilities.
With the help of the Orbi app, you can set up the Netgear wifi system on your mobile phone and manage its setting. It has twelve internal antennas with a high-power amplifier. Besides this, the MU-MIMO enables data streaming in multiple devices at the same time. If you are a Cinephile person, with the help of its fast and uninterrupted network watch your favourite movie any time.
Lets’ know Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system technical specification
These are the technical specifications of the Netgear orbi quad-band mesh wifi 6e:
- Memory- 512 NAND RAM and 1 GB RAM
- Processor- Powerful Quad-Core 2.2GHz
- Beamforming- Implicit and explicit beamforming for 2.4Ghz, 5GHZ, and 6GHz band frequencies
- Dimensions- 11 x 7.5 x 3.3
- Support devices- Alexa and Google Assistant
- Ports- 1 multi-gigabit WAN port, Three 2.5Gbps Multi-Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
Security protocol- WPA3
These are the accessories in the box of the Orbi wifi system:
- Mesh wifi router and two satellites
- Type C and G Power adapter
- Ethernet cable
- Manual guide
The Orbi router has LED lights on the front and back and it shows different colours that we will explain below:
- Green light- It shows the power is on.
- Solid amber- It indicates the router is restarted.
- Grint red- The outdated firmware.
The manual guide provides full-fledged information about the Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system. The following information will receive in the manual:
- How to connect the network of the Netgear Orbi router?
- What happens if the LED blinks red light?
- How to connect backhaul connections?
- What are the steps to update the outdated firmware?
The orbi rbke963 manual furnishes the above significant information. So you should read the manual guide to understand it.
Connect the RBKE963 Orbi wifi system
Follow these steps to connect the Netgear RBKE963 wifi system:
- Initially, unbox the Orbi router and satellites.
- Then, connect the router internet port with a modem through an ethernet cable.
- Then, plug the power adapter into the power port of the router and plug the other end of the power adapter into the power socket.
- Place and connect the Orbi satellite near your router, so it will properly pair without any network interruptions. You can pair your Orbi satellite with a WPS button or wire connection.
Ethernet backhaul connection
If you want to connect your Orbi satellite with the router with the help of an ethernet cable. Then, follow these mentioned points:
- Firstly, take an ethernet cable and connect to the ethernet port of the router and your satellite.
- Then, after a while, the router and the satellite will illuminate blue light that indicates there is a proper network connection.
Pairing through Sync button
If you have any problem connecting the satellite with an ethernet cable. Hence, you can connect it through the Sync button and it will take a few seconds. Just follow these steps:
- Press the sync button of the router that is located on the backside.
- After two minutes of pressing the sync button of the router. Press the sync button of your satellite for pairing.
- If the blue LED light illuminates, it is the symbol of a better network connection between the router and satellite.
- The amber light indicates orbi satellite weak signal, move your satellite near the Orbi router to enhance the signal range.
Connect the network of the Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system
After the placement of your wifi system. The next step is to connect the network of the Orbi RBKE963 with the computer, laptop, or mobile phone. There are two methods (1) Wired connection (2) Wireless connection
(1) Wired connection
In the following steps we will guide you on how to connect the network of the Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system via wire connection:
- First of all, connect your computer or laptop with the router by using an ethernet cable.
- Insert an ethernet cable into the LAN( local area network) port of the computer or laptop.
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable with the ethernet’s port of the router.
- Then, a message will notify you that your wiring has connected properly.
(2) Wireless connection
Connect your computer or laptop through a wireless connection.
- Firstly, go to the wifi setting of the laptop or computer.
- Then, select the Orbi wifi network from the list of networks.
- Then enter the wifi password and click on the connect button.
Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system setup
Now, we will tell you its step-by-step setup guide in the following points:
- First of all, download the Orbi application on your mobile phone from the play store.
- Then, create an account and follow the instructions.
- After downloading this app, open it on the desktop.
- Go to its wifi setting and select the Netgear network from the list of network names.
- Now, you can manage its configuration settings from this app.
Configure the IPv6 connection
IPv6 is an internet protocol version 6 that provides IP address to your connected devices for better communication. You can set up this feature IPv6 internet connection by following these points:
- Navigate to the web browser of the computer or laptop.
- After that, type the orbilogin.net.
- Meanwhile, a login window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the username and default password. Afterward, the home page will open.
- Select the advanced option and select the IPv6 option from the internet connection type.
- Then, click on the Save button to apply this feature on your device.
Access or block the Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system network
You can set up the network of your wifi system that one can access in this network.
- Firstly, go to the web browser and type the internet protocol address of the Orbi wifi system.
- Then, type the username and password for login.
- Further, the home page will appear.
- Select the advanced setting and click on the security.
- Then, click on the access control and enable this feature.
- Select the access rule according to your convenience.
- You can block access from the network of the Netgear RKKE963 Orbi wifi system.
- Then, click on the Save button to apply.
Change the Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi network name
If you want to modify the network name of your current wifi network for security purposes. Therefore, follow these steps:
- As we discussed earlier, navigate to the web browser of the computer or laptop.
- Furthermore, type the admin name and default password and click on the login.
- Then, select the wireless option from the home page.
- Moreover, enter a new network name in the Name field(SSID).
- It should be kept in kind during change the network name that the characters of the network name should be upto 32 characters.
- Then click on the apply button.
Sometimes, the orbi satellite keeps disconnecting due to poor internet range, obsolete firmware of your router, etc. The improper pairing between the router and the satellite is also a reason for its disconnect. So, we will rectify your issues. Just adhere these troubleshooting key points:
1. Check the internet connection
The improper internet range is the main cause of disconnecting your satellite. Therefore, contact your internet service provider which is 24X7 available for technical support.
2. Update the outdated firmware of the router
You should update the obsolete firmware of the Orbi router.
- First of all, go to the web browser and type the username and password of the Orbi wifi system.
- Then, an administration page will open.
- Select the firmware update option.
- After a while, your obsolete firmware will update.
3. Change the position of the satellite
Make sure that the placement of your satellite is near to the router. If it is not placed near the router, then place it near to each other for better connectivity.
Check the power socket and the power adapter of the router. If it is faulty, change it.
Orbi satellite reset
Reset will resolve all the issues in the satellite. These are the following steps of resetting the satellite:
- Find out the reset button of the Orbi satellite.
- Then, press it with a sharp object or a pin and hold it for at least a few seconds.
- After a while, release a reset button.
- Now, the reset process has completed.
The above-mentioned steps should follow at the time of reset.
Netgear RBKE963 Orbi wifi system review
The Netgear RKBE963 Orbi router and its satellite provide 10.8Gbps speed and eliminate the network’s dead zones. You can stream videos, games and multitask on your connected devices. The installation process is very easy and if you have any doubt you can take the help of the manual guide. Moreover, with the help of the login, you can check the status of your internet connection.