Ring camera provides security in each and every corner of your home, offices, etc. Moreover, it detects every little activity that happens inside and outside of your workplace. You can even change its direction with the help of the angle of the ring camera. When we connect this highly secure camera, sometimes it is not properly connected to the wifi. Are you facing or troubled with the same problem? So, lets’ understand the reasons why it is not connected to the wifi connection.
Infrequently, the ring camera does not connect to the wifi. There might be many reasons like your ring camera is not properly connected to your internet, the internet is not working properly and the electric socket of the main switch can be faulty. Moreover, if you want to know the other causes of the ring camera is not working in an elaborate form. Therefore, you should read these mentioned points that are here and it will help you to understand its other major reasons.
Major causes of the Ring camera not connecting to wifi
Let’s discuss the major causes why your Ring camera is not working to wifi that are as follow:
The router is not properly connected
Sometimes, the router is not properly set up and it does not provide the internet range to your ring camera, therefore the ring security camera is not connected to your wifi.
The position of the ring camera is far from the router
Obsolete firmware of the Ring camera
The obsolete firmware of the Ring camera could be not supported by the router, meanwhile, the router is not able to provide the wifi network range to it.
Faulty Ring camera
The Faulty ring camera does not connect to the wifi. So, it is also a major cause of the ring camera not connecting to wifi.
Troubleshooting of the Ring camera not connecting to wifi
There are the following troubleshooting key points of the ring camera is not connecting to wifi or internet:
1. Confirm the Ring camera has the power supply
Mostly, the power supply does not properly transfer to the ring camera, that’s why it is not connected to the wifi. So, change the power socket and check whether the power supply cable is faulty or not. If it is not connected with the power then connect it again. You can check your Ring camera power supply status through the Ring app. These are the steps to check the status of the Ring camera:
- Firstly, download the Ring application on your computer or smartphone.
- Go on the top left side and click on three lines.
- Click on the devices.
- Select your Ring camera device.
- Click on the device health option.
- Then, click on the power status to check the power supply of the Ring camera.
2. Update the obsolete firmware of the Ring camera
The wifi signal of the router does not support the obsolete firmware of the Ring ip camera. Hence, you should update the outdated firmware of the Ring camera. Let’s know how to update it.
- Go to the browser and type the ring camera web address.
- Then, a login window will appear.
- Enter the username and password.
- Then follow the steps according to your convenience.
- Now, update the outdated firmware of the Ring camera.
3. Check out the Frequency band of the router
To avoid interference in the wifi network, you should check out the frequency band of your router. Sometimes, your router provides the wifi network range to many devices at the same time with 2.4GHz frequency and its network range becomes slow, and it is not able to connect to the Ring camera. Therefore, you should change the frequency band to a 5GHz frequency band by just going to the router’s setting.
4. Confirm the wifi password
Mostly, at the time of setting up the Ring camera, you entered the wifi password incorrectly. So, you should carefully enter the wifi password during the setup of the Ring camera for connecting with the wifi.
5. Change the position of the router
Sometimes, the position of the router is so far from the Ring camera, therefore place your router near the Ring camera so that it provides a better network range and the ring camera is connected to the wifi network.
6. Change the position of the Ring IP camera antennas
Check out the position of the IP camera’s antennas. Sometimes, it is not properly fixed and creates problems for connecting. Therefore, you should again set up the position of the antennas for connecting to the wifi.
That’s all the troubleshooting points that will resolve your above-mentioned issue.
Ring camera reset
If the above-mentioned problem shooting points are not solving the issues, you should adopt the Ring camera reset option. There are the following steps are as follow:
- Firstly, locate your Ring camera reset button and press it.
- Hold the reset button of the Ring camera at least for a few seconds.
- Then, release the reset button and now you can see the reset process has been done.
- Finally, all the problems will be solved.
- Reset is the last option to resolve and rectify the problem.