Rockspace Wi-Fi Range Extender AC2100 Setup, Installation & Review
Wi-Fi range extender or Wi-Fi repeater is a device that withstands the prevailing signals from wifi routers. It retransmits to create additional networks. The Wi-Fi range extenders are meant to broaden the range area of the Wi-Fi network by covering every corner of your home. Here we will provide rockspace ac2100 extender setup, install, and review.
This gadget is very useful for your home space, office, and firms where the internet connections are reachable to every corner. Now, if you decided to pay for this gadget then the finest quality Wi-Fi range extender is Rock space AC2100 extender. This device with 2100 Mbps,5G and 2.4G Dual-Band Wi-Fi Booster, Gigabit Port, expands up to 1292sq.ft and supports numerous devices.
Moreover, it gives the best experience in gaming, browsing, streaming HD video with 5GHz, and 2GHz is the best for office work. Further, in this article, we are going to cover rockspace ac2100 extender setup, features, reset, firmware update, and more.
Features of Rock Space AC2100 Wi-Fi extender
- Dual-band network: With coverage of 1292sq.ft, which boosts the Wi-Fi connections. It also provides up to 300 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 1734 Mbps for the 5 GHz band.
- Steady Connection: With high-quality PCB dual-band antennas and 4T4R MU-MIMO technology. A Wi-Fi extender selects a Wi-Fi network automatically that has high-quality lanes for stable, valid, and fast Internet connections.
- Stays connected: All the devices are connected to this network even if your devices are in any noon
ks with a stronger connection.
- No Wall-blockages: With the 5GHz band, Wi-Fi extenders work well in multiple deck buildings.
- Works well in all the devices: It creates an environment where the Wi-Fi is connected to all the devices including PCs, tablets, mobiles, laptops.
- WPS one-button connection: It is easily connected by pressing the WPS button on your router. This extender connects within seconds.
- Easy way to set up and reset: Can be easily set up and reset by using a web browser.
- Compatible with all the Wi-Fi routers: It is compatible with all the routers. Which is a good feature in Rock Space devices.
- Antennas: To extend the signals, the upper antennas can rotate by 270 degrees, and the lowers ones can twirl by 180 degrees.
- Product Dimensions :Size: 3.4 x 3.1 x 2.0 inches.Compact and sturdy design.
Process of rockspace ac2100 extender setup.
Note: Turn off Mobile Network before you start the rockspace ac2100 extender setup process.
Method 1:Place the antennas as directed on the box.
- Firtsly, plugin the Wi-Fi extender and power on the switch.
Wait for the power LED to turn light blue.
- Go to Settings on your mobile, Wi-Fi connections, and connect to the “rockspace_EXT” Wi-Fi network.
- Clicking on this will take you to the rockspace ac2100 extender setup page.
- Set a valid password for the network.
- Now, choose the Wi-Fi network that you want to expand.
- Finally, the setup of the Rock Space ac2100 repeater is complete.
Method 2: Via Web-browser
The configuration for the rockspace ac2100 extender setup can only be done through the offline method at re.rockspace.local / Http://re.rockspace.local
Follow the simple steps to set up the Rockspace extender:
- First and foremost to connect to re.rock space.local, one has to plug in the wifi extender into the power portal.
- The power turns ON, now search for re.rockspace.local / 192.168.0.254 by typing in the address bar.
- Now, the configuration page for the Rock space ac2100 extender gets connect. Choose the range extender option or access point option.
- Now, follow the given instructions to finalize the setup.
- Once you are done the page will be closed automatically by default.
Reset process of Rockspace ac 2100 extender.
The reset process of the Rockspace ac2100 is similar to the other Wi-Fi extenders. The simple and easy method to reset the Rockspace Wi-Fi extender is lent below:
- First of all power on the Wi-Fi extender when the ‘Power LED’ is solid ‘On’ use a paper clip or any other sharp object to press and hold the reset regulator for 8-10 seconds.
- After the LED will turn solid on that indicates that the unit is resetting. Then, Stay for about 30 seconds to permit the extender.
- Now, Directly the extender is restored to the factory settings.
- From Http://re.rockspace.local page of the configuration interface, go to Management and click on System from the menu.
- Now, Click the Restore Factory Defaults button. Then, Click OK to continue.
- The setup is complete now.
Light Status of Rock Space WiFi extender ac2100
The lights on the extender exhibit the status of the extender. They are useful to examine the performance of Wi-Fi extender. Let’s see the status of LEDs present on the rock space extender.
Solid- The Wi-Fi extender is ready to use.
Blinking- The Wi-Fi extender is boosting up
Off- No power supply is given to the router.
Solid- Wps connection is verified
Blinking- WPS connection is in process
Off- The function is off.
Solid Blue- Wi-Fi extender connection is successful with router or modem.
Solid Red- You spotted the router far-flung from the extender. Relocate it again.
The off- The connection between extender and the router is not complete.
The Firmware Update process of Rockspace Wi-Fi repeater ac2100
The Firmware Update procedure of the Rockspace Wi-Fi extender is simple and easy. This Update process helps to fasten up and also to improve stability.
- Firstly, Login on the page – IP address assigned by the router 192.168.0.254 / Re.rockspace.local.
- Once you logged in on the extender’s setup page, select the ‘Administration’ option.
- Now select the Firmware update option on the page
- Locate the file that you need to update
- Click on ‘Install’, it takes up to 3-4/minutes to update the firmware of Rockspace ac2100 extender.
- The extender reboots now.
- At this time don’t turn off the power, contrarily there will be a possibility of a malfunction in the extender.
-)The firmware update process is complete now.
-)Updating the extender is helpful for its performance. Once check if the version of the extender is the latest or not. If not follow the process mentioned above.
Issues and their Resolutions
1.Cannot login to the web browser
Resolution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi extender connects properly to your existing modem. Disable the Mobile Data function.
If using a PC connected to extender’s network ‘rockspace-EXT’. Now, your PC will automatically obtain the IP address.
Reset or unplug the Wi-Fi extender.
2. How to reset the ac2100 Wi-Fi extender?
Resolution: By pressing the reset button for 8-10 seconds and when the Power LED starts to turn solid. It shows the process is complete.
3. The extender is not finding my Wi-Fi router/ modem’s network?
Resolution: Change the encryption type of the router to WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK.
4.No internet access after extension.
Resolution: Verify whether the extension has been successful or not. Reset extender.
5.Unable to connect the extender after the extension?
Resolution: Now, Clear the cache and reconnect it.
First, Reset if required.
6.I can not find my Wi-Fi signal?
Resolution: Now, Check if the encryption is WEP. Or check the stability of the signal.
7.After extension, the speed is very low
Resolution: Check the color of the indicator. Solid blue indicates a strong signal and red indicates a week signal.
8.Unable to log in to the extender’s interface.
First, make sure that you connect the device to the Wi-Fi signal of the extender or else the modem.
View all the connected devices after finding the available mac address at the box of the extender. You will get the IP address of the extender.
Now, open the browser and enter the IP address in the bar, and there you go you can find the interface.
9. Position for the Antennas for a multi-deck building?
Resolution: The upper antennas should point upwards and the lower antennas should point downwards.
These are the main and common issues with its resolutions which will help you.
Rockspace ac2100 extender setup Review
Rockspace is the best and popular manufacturer for its devices related to Wi-Fi connection, Wi-Fi routers, boosters, mesh Wi-Fi. The Rockspace Wi-Fi extender (AC2100) is famous for its 2100 Mbps and the coverage area is about 1292sq.ft which is a very good element in Wi-Fi extenders. It helps in expanding the Wi-Fi signals, you can connect to multiple devices without any issues.
This Wi-Fi extender connects particular devices instantly. This extender comes with antennas which help the signals to cover the entire space with its connections. The setup process is easy and the manufacturers of this product suggest ‘one-button setup operation’. Which is interesting as it takes only 8-10 seconds to set up this Wi-Fi extender. It is not available in any other Wi-Fi extenders. With the dual-band feature, 2GHz is for customary use whereas 5GHz is fit for streaming high-quality videos, gaming, browsing, etc.
The best detail about this object is that the connection is with a strong wall penetration. which helps the quality and stability of the connection best. If you are looking for the best Wi-Fi extender this one is for you. You can grab a hand on it without any issue.
Rockspace AC2100 WiFi Router Setup, Installation, Troubleshooting
Google nest Wi-Fi router setup
Rockspace Mesh WiFi System
Rockspace AX1800 WiFi Router Setup, Installation, Review
Google MESH Wi-Fi System Setup, Installation, Troubleshooting