SETEK technology brings you an all-in-one solution to your issues regarding network, speed, or streaming. Setek wifi range extender boosts your network speed by eliminating the dead zones of your house or office. The range extender also extends your network coverage area. So that you can enjoy seamless internet connectivity in all parts of your house or office.
Features of SETEK Wi-Fi Extender
SETEK wifi range extender is available in two models. These models namely SETEK wifi range extender SE01 and SETEK wifi range extender SE02.
- The Superboost wifi repeater model of the extender supports up to 300Mbps network speed is the first feature..
- The wifi range extender supports easy setup using any brand wifi router is second feature.
- Range extender supports IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.3, standards third feature.
- Supports WPS enabled devices fourth feature.
- The range extender offers dual 10/100 Mbps auto-negotiation Ethernet ports final feature.
Multiple Working modes
This mode of SETEK creates a private wireless network and the user can share data with other multiple devices. This mode of the range extender is usually used by hotels and restaurants.
This is the general mode of the SETEK wifi range extender. This mode is used to extend the network coverage area of your device and to boost or enhance signal strength. The repeater mode provides you a wide networking zone eliminating the dead zones of your home or office.
Wireless Access point mode
This mode of the range extender creates a wireless network for the wifi device. The range extender converts the wired signal of the device into a wireless signal. Using this mode you can connect the wifi router/devices to hotels/homeroom broadband interface with the ethernet cable.
You can also share the wireless network with other wifi devices which means you can create a new wireless network area.
This mode of the range extender allows wired-only devices access to an existing wireless network.
How to set up the SETEK wifi extender?
- SETEK wifi range extender is very easy to configure whether you are a regular extender user or a newbie. SETEK range extender supports 3 method configuration.
- The methods of configuring the range extender are provided below along with their respective steps.
Using the wifi setup wizard (WPS button)
Setting up a SETEK wifi range extender using the WPS button. It allows you to configure it without using a mobile device or computer. Using the WPS button configuration, you can set up the range extender without logging in to the settings page on the browser.
The steps to setup the SETEK wifi range extender using the WPS button are provided below:
- Connect the range extender to a power outlet near the wifi router or in the coverage zone of the router.
- Press and hold the WPS button located at the rear panel of the router. Hold it for 1-2 seconds and then release the button.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the range extender within 50 seconds of pressing the button on the router.
- The range extender will go on a reboot. It will restart automatically and then successfully connect to the router or other device.
Note: If your current wifi SSID name is WiFi then it will change to WiFi Plus after the successful connection with the range extender.
- Position the range extender at a place from where it can repeat network signals in a low signal area without declining the speed.
Using a mobile device
By default Credentials of SETEK wifi range extender are:
Default login IP address: 192.168.10.1
Default login IP address: 192.168.1.254.
The Default username: admin.
Default password: admin.
The steps to setup SETEK WiFi range extender using a mobile device are provided below.
- Plugin the setek range extender to a power outlet first to keep the extender online.
- Now, Open your mobile device. Then go to WiFi settings, and scan for the range extender SSID.
- After scanning last, you will get a default SSID of the SETEK wifi range extender by the name of SETEK.
Note: The range extender does not require any password while connecting to the wifi network.
- Connect your mobile device to the network SSID first.
- Open a browser on your mobile device and enter 192.168.10.1 in the search bar.
- A login page will appear. Now, enter the credentials( admin in both username and password).
- A list of all the nearby wifi devices SSID will be available to you. Select the SETEK wifi SSID and create a password for it last.
Using a Computer or laptop
You can configure the SETEK wifi range extender using a computer or laptop. Following similar steps to configuring with a mobile device.
You can connect the range extender using either a wired connection(port) or a wireless network(WiFi SSID) from a computer and laptop.
Steps to set up the SETEK WiFi range extender using a computer or laptop
- Plugin the SETEK wifi range extender to a LAN port first for wired connection to computer or laptop.
Enter the default wifi SSID for wireless from the laptop/computer.
- Open a web browser on your desktop and enter http://192.168.10.1 in the URL search box to. Go to the login page of the extender now.
- Now, Enter admin in both username and password when logging in for the first time.
- The extender scans for available networks for a while. You will get a list of the available wireless SSID network broadcasting near the extender.
- Select your wireless device SSID and enter the valid existing password and allow connection from SETEK.
Note: After the successful configuration, the wireless device SSID will now appear with a plus(+) name added.
How to reset SETEK range extender to factory deafult settings?
The all-in-one WiFi range extender allows you to log into the extender. By resetting it to factory defaults if you have forgotten the network password.
The extender can be reset in two modes:
1. Soft reset
Soft reset is usually executed when the range extender or repeater is misbehaving. This having connectivity issues, or frequently disconnecting from the access point it is connected to.
The steps to soft reset the range extender are below:
- First of all, Open the settings of the extender. Now go to system tools(in some models, specified as administration or maintenance option).
- Click on the factory reset button and confirm OK.
- The range extender will go on the factory defaults and will reboot after a few minutes.
2. Hard reset
The range extender is reset to Hard factory defaults. When you have forgotten all its IP address, Login username, and password.
Steps to Hard reset the extender are provided below.
- By the Ethernet port, there is a small Hole or reset button on the back panel of the range extender.
- Press and hold the reset button first for 10-15 seconds using a pin. (If needed)
Note: The process may take some time(up to 10 minutes) as different brands have different performance capacity.
- Wait for some minutes and the SETEK range extender reboots itself and goes to the factory defaults.
Q. How to solve login issues using the old wifi extender?
Ans- First of all, get the WiFi name and password of the existing network to complete the SETEK configuration to boost your signal and enhance speed.
Keep the SETEK signal booster near to the existing wifi router. Follow the instructions provided in the manual.
Q. What are the requirements to configure the SETEK WiFi range extender into a signal booster?
Ans- i) A wifi router.
ii) LAN cable.
iii) A computer or laptop device for browser configuration.
Q. What to do if you forgot your username and password?
Ans- This is not that rare when you forget your account credentials in your busy schedule. If you have forgotten your password for the extender login. You need not worry as we have provided the solution just below.
- Try to connect the range extender to a computer or laptop using an ethernet port first.
- The default username and password are usually printed on the back panel of the extender. So use them to re-login to your extender.
Netgear WiFi extender is not work?
192.168.15.1 IP address
Whew Wi-Fi Extender setup troubleshooting review
What is Netgear extender IP address after setup?
Fixed! Netgear wifi extender device light not on