SwitchBot Smart Button Pusher
The SwitchBot Smart Button Pusher is a mini robotic wall and button pusher for your home and office. It transforms your simplistic living into a smart home. Can operate as a Bluetooth to WiFi Bridge for the bots. It is a universal pusher as it works with any button and rocker switch except the touchscreen switch. Extreme power-saving BLE technology enables this device to work long-lasting with a replaceable battery. It supports switch or press mode as it arrives with an add-on sticker. The one bot serves you to power on or off your coffee machine, lights, and TV.
The SwitchBot Hub Mini is compatible with 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands by which you can manage your device from anywhere with voice commands. Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, and IFTTT device offer to manage the device with voice. Using the SwitchBot app enables you to set the timers and access the device without a phone or Hub. Not only with the app, but you can also manage it by remote which can be purchased separately as it does not arrive with the shipment box. The key features of the SwitchBot innovative button pusher are as follows.
SwitchBot Toggle Switch Features
Some notable key features of SwitchBot pusher are as follows.
- With SwitchBot Hub, you can set the light, TV, coffee maker machine power on or off timings.
- You can fix particular and infinite timers to the biot with the Scene feature.
- The dual control method offers you to handle the device with an app as well as a remote. It is effortless to install and set up. No hardware costs are needed to install the button pusher.
- The long-lasting battery runs for around 600 days with power-saving BLE technology. Also, you can replace the battery anytime.
- You can also manage the device by voice commands as it works with Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT devices. The installation and setup steps of the SwitchBot switch pusher are as follows.
SwitchBot Smart Button Pusher Setup
Open the SwitchBot unit box and remove the Switchbot user manual and the device. Unwrap the plastic cover and stick it to the device. Remove the extra accessory from the unit box too. Now go after these effortless instructions to install and set up the device. It roughly takes two to three minutes.
Download The SwitchBot App
- Firstly, Reach the App Store or Play Store and explore the SwitchBot app.
- See for the Get or install icon and touch it.
- Open the app and grant all the permission it demands. Ensure that your mobile or tablet’s Bluetooth and Location are on.
- Create a fresh ID or log in by filling in the username and passcode.
- Touch sign in and remove the battery isolation cover on the device.
- If the Bluetooth is on, the app will detect the bot by itself.
- Now push the button on the button pusher and activate the bar by tapping the bot symbol on the app.
Give name and Passphrase
- Touch pin to top and add device choice. On the next interface, give the unique name to your device and touch save.
- Hook the extra accessory that comes with the shipment box as mentioned above.
- Now plug the SwitchBot device into the AC joint and power on the switch.
- Click the button on the SwitchBot device. You can now add add-ons to the device.
- Move to the settings options on tap passphrase or mode. Set the passphrase now. After touching it, it will show communicating with the device.
- Now pick switch or press mode as per your need. Here press mode has been selected.
- Alternatively, push the button on the SwitchBot. But if you select switch mode, then the power of the device and on with add-ons.
- Remove the adhesive part and attach it to the switch button. On the app, touch on or off the choice to manage the lights. The login steps of the SwitchBot smart button pusher are as follows.
To access the login interface of the SwitchBot device, you need to do the login. By doing login, you are apt to manage or control the lights, TV, or coffee maker machine by turning on or off just with the SwitchBot app.
- To reach the login interface, you need to download the app first.
- After installing it on your tablet or mobile phone, open it.
- Grant all the permission it demands. Assure that your mobile or tablet’s Bluetooth and Location are on.
- Generate a fresh ID or do login by typewriting in the username and passcode and tap sign in. The steps to connect the SwitchBot pusher to the IFTTT are as follows.
Connect to IFTTT to SwitchBot Smart Switch Button Pusher
Put the SwitchBot near the SwitchBot hub mini to access the internet.
- Tap on Config and then cloud service.
- Open the app and rename it to a bedroom light, coffee maker, or wherever you are going to use this device to power on or off.
- Now toggle on IFTTT and tap connect.
- It will forward you to the website name ifttt.com. Once opened, tap discover and then + symbol.
- A new interface with a new applet present, on that, press + symbol with blue color. Explore for button widget by sliding down and tapping it.
- Touch button press symbol. Now select + icon beside that symbol. Hunt for SwitchBot by typing it in the explore box and hitting connect.
- A fresh interface with username and passphrase presents. Type SwitchBot app details here and touch sign in.
- It will demand you to open in IFTTT, click open.
- Pick the SwitchBot that you had enabled and hit next.
- On the last, click the finish symbol to complete the setup with IFTTT. The simple steps to connect the SwitchBot smart button pusher with Amazon Alexa are as follows.
Connect to Alexa To SwitchBot Switch
Before proceeding, get sure that the Echo device is connected to the Amazon account. Put the SwitchBot near the SwitchBot hub mini to access the internet. Now go after this simple guide to link Alexa with the SwitchBot device.
- Touch on Config and next cloud service.
- Toggle on Alexa on the SwitchBot app and tap connect.
- The new dialogue box opens, tap enable.
- After clicking enable, it will forward you to the Amazon website.’
- Beside the Switchbot bot, there is a login symbol. Click it.
- Now login with Amazon ID and enable SwitchBot skill.
- The next interface with SwitchBot login details presents. Type the details and hit sign in. It says the SwitchBot has been successfully linked. Start saying Alexa, turn off or on the lights. The SwitchBot button pusher troubleshooting steps are as follows.
SwitchBot Smart Button Pusher Troubleshooting
It is common to face an issue while using the device. Sometimes you don’t even know what is happening with your device. From all of the problems, the most common and well-known working solution is reset. It is simplistic and takes only a few seconds. Here are the steps to reset the SwitchBot button pusher.
- Open the Bot cover first.
- Thumb down the button on the SwitchBot device available on its back for around fifteen to eighteen seconds.
- Stop pushing the button now when you see the SwitchBot light switch start flickering.
- The device has been reset, fortunately.
SwitchBot Bot not working
- The first thing you need to do is to restart the device. Unplug it from the wall socket and connect it again.
- Check the status on the SwitchBot app. If the device is not connected with the app accurately, it will not open or close the light, curtains, or TV.
- Assure that the AC switch is working and supplying current.
- Reset SwitchBot Bot if none of the above tips works.
SwitchBot unknown error 190
If SwitchBot shows an unknown error, it might be due to the following reasons.
- This happens when the device could not connect. Move the device closer to the WiFi network.
- Reboot your SwitchBot Mini Hub
- Maybe the app is crashing. Close the app and open it again.
- Assure that you are connected with the right network on your tablet or mobile phone.
- Do the reset operation.
SwitchBot Button Pusher Review
This is exactly what I was searching for. I installed it for my garage as I wish the door would open or close by itself and it does it exactly. Works well for AC units. The adhesive is compelling and sticks quite well. The one bot helps you to power on or off your coffee machine, lights, and TV. The compatibility with Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT devices offers a wide range to access the SwitchBot. Extreme power-saving BLE technology enables this device to work long-lasting with a replaceable battery. It supports switch or press mode as it arrives with an add-on sticker. You can even manage twitch WiFi as it supports a Bluetooth connection. It is a pure genius device and I highly suggest purchasing it.
Q1. What’s the brand name?
SwitchBot, the smart button pusher brand.
Q2. Does this device connect with Bluetooth?
Yes, the SwitchBot supports Bluetooth function.
Q3. How long can the hold time be set in the app?
The longest hold time that can be set in the app is around sixty seconds.
Q4. How to reset the Switchbot Smart button pusher?
The first thing you are required to do is to reboot the Switchbot. Unplug it from the AC joint and join it again. Verify the state on the SwitchBot app. If the device is not joined with the app perfectly, it will not open or close the light, curtains, or TV. Convince that the AC joint is working and supplying AC flow. Reset SwitchBot Bot if none of the foregoing tips works. Hope it helps.
Q5. Is it a waterproof device?
No, SwitchBot is not a water-resistant device.
Q6. Can we manage lights on or off with the app?
Yes, download the SwitchBot app from the store and manage lights on or off at your fingertips.
Q7. Can I connect the SwitchBot to Amazon Alexa?
Yes, this device is compatible with Amazon Alexa. Touch on Config and next cloud service. Toggle on Alexa on the SwitchBot app and tap connect. The fresh remarks box starts, touch enable. Later ticking enabled, it will promote you to the Amazon website.’ Near the Switchbot, there is a login icon. Bang it. Now login with Amazon ID and enable SwitchBot skill. The new page with SwitchBot login details is presented. Fill in the details and hit sign in. It says the SwitchBot has been successfully linked. Now start saying Alexa, turn off or on the lights.
Q8. Does SwitchBot smart button pusher work with IFTTT?
Yes, The Switchbot works with Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT devices.
Q9. Does it have a timer?
Yes, SwitchBot arrives with timers. You can manage five timers at a time in the SwitchBot app.
Q10. Does it work with Habitat?
No, it does not work with Habitat.
Q11. How last is the SwitchBot battery life?
A fresh new battery runs for around 600 days.