The Telstra modem is a wireless 4G LTE smart or hybrid modem that works as both a modem and wireless router. The modem device absolutely allows the client’s device to completely connect to the internet & a secure connection is established. It delivers Wall-to-wall Wi-Fi network coverage in the entire home. Moreover, the network range of the Telstra Smart Modem Router is incredible & a faster speed with WiFi 6. The WiFi 6 is faster, speedy, & absolutely better than the 5. With this, you seamlessly get high-range speed as well as greater & ultimate coverage. The telstra smart modem completely boosts the coverage in the low coverage areas. The network range positively fills the WiFi black spot & allows users to enjoy UHD streaming video & gaming consoles.
Furthermore, the smart indicator LED lights are built-in on the interface of the 4G LTE wireless modem. This LED lit up different lights & delivered an accurate status. Additionally, the LAN/WAN port & buttons are also built-in that allow establishing a secure connection. The telstra smart modem router settings are most important & essential to improve the weak wireless network connectivity.
Telstra Smart Modem Router installation steps
To get the network connectivity of Telstra mode, you have to establish the connection proper manner. To establish the connection, you have to install this device.
Unbox 4G LTE modem:
- Before we get started the installation process, you have to need some accessories that accurately more help to install the appliance.
- You have Telstra smart modem, Power cable with grey ends, grey adapter, cable with red & yellow ends, nbn connection box, & quick start guide.
- These accessories are inside the packaging box, you have to remove the tape from this box and get the accessories.
- Make sure to take the time to read any information that comes with Quick Start Guide.
Connect the modem to the NBN box:
- Before connecting the modem to the nbn box, you have to decide the optimum position, where the range covers your home.
- Place the nbn box & modem near the power electric circuit.
- To establish the nbn box connected with the Telstra nbn modem, you have to take a cable with one yellow end & one red end.
- Put the red end of the cable in the 4G LTE modem red WAN port that is available on the back interface. The other yellow end of the same cable is put into the yellow port of the NBN box that is available on the backside.
Plug Telstra smart modem into power outlet:
- To connect your device to the mode, you have to switch ON the power of the smart modem router.
- Through the grey adapter, you can easily give power to the appliance.
- Just put the grey adapter power into the DC power connector that is equipped on the back surface.
- The power adapter is put into the wall power outlet & switches it ON.
- The telstra modem lights that are built-in front will be white when you know the appliance is powered up. The connection is properly established and the light turns green.
Connect your device to the modem:
- To connect your device to the appliance, make sure the position. Your device is here in the modem range.
- To establish a wired connection, you usually take an Ethernet cable with two yellow ends. You have to put one yellow end into the available modem yellow port & the other your device network’s port.
- To establish the wireless connection, you have to mention the network password in their column on your device.
Connect your home phone to the modem:
- To connect your home phone to the wireless smart router, you have to decide the placement of your mobile phone.
- To make a secure connection, you have to take a phone cable.
- With both ends of the phone cable, you have to insert it into the smart modem & the other into your home phone port.
- Switch ON the power on your home phone & ensure the connection.
Congratulations! The steps of telstra smart modem installation steps are entirely finished.
Telstra Smart Modem Router login & home screen
To enjoy ultimate network coverage & speedy wireless network throughout your residence you have to configure some settings of this appliance. To configure the setting, the telstra nbn router login page is necessary.
- On your Telstra network-connected PC, laptop, or mobile phone, launch such a web interface that is completely updated.
- To reach the login page, you have to mention the telstra smart modem ip address in the search dialog box.
- Mention 192.168.0.1 into the web interface search engine that is launched on your device.
- The Telstra Smart Modem login screen is loaded in the web interface that you are using.
- The default password of this appliance is Telstra & mentioned in the available password field on the login page.
- To go to the home screen of this appliance, you have to choose the Sign In option.
Finally! The steps of the telstra smart modem router login steps are securely finished.
Steps: Change Telstra modem default password
The telstra modem default password is telstra. You can quickly change the default password once the modem is logged in. Here are some steps to change the default password.
- Once the account of the smart modem device is logged in, you will get the home screen.
- On the home screen, you have to click the user setting option that is here on the upper side.
- You can remove the tick from the default user option on the user setting.
- Under the password field that is here in the setting, you have to mention the new password.
- Next, under the confirm password field, mention the same password mentioned in the password field.
- To save the new telstra modem login password, the save option is there, click on it.
Eventually, the default password of the smart 4G LTE nbn modem router is successfully changed.
Telstra smart modem manual
The Telstra Smart Modem Router absolutely delivers blazing transmission speed throughout your home. Some users think some queries relevant to the smart modem like how to set up telstra smart modem, how to change the login default password, how to connect your device to the modem, how to access the wireless network, how to login to telstra router, how to perform a factory reset, how to use modem without NBN box, & others. Then, you can effortlessly get the solutions to the queries in the user manual.
Additionally, the telstra smart modem manual delivers technical information along with solutions. The memory is 1GB RAM & 512 MB Flash; the 1xEthernet WAN port & 4x Gigabit LAN ports; x1 USB 3.0 Interfaces; USB Hub; Maximum Disk; ADSL2, ADSL, ADSL2+ compliance; 2.4GHz & 5GHz network. Thus, this is the telstra smart modem gen 2 specifications.
Telstra smart modem setup steps with default ip
The setup of the smart modem is necessary to improve the wireless range of this appliance. With telstra modem ip you can promptly & efficiently perform the setup.
- Once the telstra login router account is logged with ip, you have to reach the home screen.
- To enhance the network, you have to select the broadband icon. Under this option, you have to choose the PPPoE connection type. Then, mention username, password, confirm the password in the available field on the broadband setting page. Click the save option.
- To configure the parental control setting, choose the control setting on the home screen. You have to enable the status option & also select the mode, click the save button.
- To configure the Wi-Fi setting of the telstra wifi modem, you have to click the Wi-Fi option on the home screen. Under this option, completely configure the WiFi connection.
Thus, the telstra modem setup steps are completely complete. Now, the wireless network absolutely amplifi it.
Telstra Smart Modem Router issues
The smrt wireless modem gives a high-speed wireless network throughout your home. Occasionally, some common telstra smart modem issues come, then the user cannot connect to your device. Here are some common issues.
- Smart wireless modem not connecting to nbn box
- Modem has no wifi
- Smart modem has no lights
- No green light
- Telstra router login page not access
- Smart modem no internet
- Home mobile does not connect to the smart modem
Telstra smart modem troubleshooting steps
To manually resolve the common issues, here are some telstra smart modem troubleshooting steps.
Telstra smart modem not connecting to nbn box:
Sometimes, the telstra smart modem not connecting to nbn box. Here are some resolutions.
- Ensure the nbn box is too close to the smart WiFi router.
- Verify, you are using a cable with one yellow end & one red end, the other connection is not established.
No green light in smart modem:
If Telstra smart modem no green light that means connection does not establish.
- To quickly & manually resolve the issue, you have to verify the power adapter. If you use other power adapters Instead of a grey power adapter then the connection is not ready.
- Ensure the grey power adapter is properly & tightly inserted into a power source
Telstra smart modem no WiFi:
If there is no WiFi in the Telstra Smart Modem Router then you cannot enjoy a wireless network.
- To resolve telstra smart modem no wifi, you have to examine the network connection.
- To manually resolve the issue, you have to restart the device.
Telstra modem not working:
Sometimes the telstra modem not working, the user cannot access network connectivity.
- To resolve the issue, you have to examine the network connection.
- To fix the issue, you will find the small reset button on the back interface, press this button, and properly perform the reset.
Not access login page with default IP:
Sometimes the telstra login page is not accessed with the default ip.
- To fix the issue, you have to delete the unnecessary data in the web interface & also delete the cache & history.
- You can also use www.telstra.com instead of the default login ip.
Telstra smart modem review
In my point of view, the telstra smart modem review is a stupendous & high-speed wireless 4G LTE modem. The wireless speed is blazing & ultimate than the traditional network device. Every device easily approaches the network. The 4G LTE completely supports this router then delivers high-speed network connectivity. This router works with an NBN box then works better & faster. Additionally, your home mobile phone easily & securely connects to this router because the mobile phone LAN port is built-in on the back panel of this appliance. The smart & very helpful indicator light is also built-in on the Telstra smart modem router that gives the information about the appliance. If network signals are slow, then the LED is lit up in red color.
Moreover, you can promptly & efficiently approach the telstra smart modem gen 2 login via the default login ip. After accessing this login page, you have to quickly perform the various settings of this router. Thus, in the entire home & long-range area, the telstra smart modem gen 1 is a perfect & suitable networking device.