Tenda Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System Setup
Modern life is changing at an incredible rate, isn’t it? It is all about technological advancements and how quickly it has changed our lives. We are so dependent on the internet that even a minute away seems unbearable. So it must kill you when you roam around your own house and experience poor Wi-Fi connectivity. You must think, what are you paying so much money for?
Tenda Nova Whole House Mesh Wi-Fi system is the solution to your problem. Unlike conventional Wi-Fi, the Tenda Wi-Fi system can provide massive coverage. If you combine the three Tenda MW6 devices, you will realize that it can cover over 6,000 sq. ft. It is ideal for a big house where almost everyone needs constant internet connectivity. Wi-Fi routers can only cover a small portion of your home, but with Tenda MW6, you can cover your entire house. With Tenda Nova say ‘NO’ to slow internet and poor Wi-Fi connectivity.
It is clear that the Tenda Nova Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi system is an upgrade to your traditional Wi-Fi system. In addition to this, it comes with many different features. Here are some Tenda Nova MW6 specifications:
Three units- Tenda Nova Wi-Fi system is not a single unit. It comes in sets of three. Each device acts as a single router and allows you to stay connected to high-speed internet. The network’s distribution into three different devices ensures that there are no dead spaces in the house.
Alexa Compatibility- Tenda is a smart device that can connect with Alexa and Google Assistant. You can hook up your Tenda MW6 web interface to your virtual assistant and get the entire smart home experience.
Connectivity- The best thing about the Tenda Nova Mesh Wi-Fi system is that it allows you to connect several devices without compromising on the quality. But so does a Wi-Fi router, what makes Tenda so unique? Tenda MW6 will enable you to connect over 90 devices to your Mesh Wi-Fi system.
Parental Control- Parents are often concerned about their kid’s online activity. They want to know what their kids are looking at and how much time they spend online. Tenda allows you to control the activity of your kids online. Parental control is essential, and Tenda Nova MW6 understands this.
Tenda Nova Installation
Installing the Tenda Nova Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi system is extremely easy. The process is simple, and once you have installed it, you open the doors to uninterrupted internet. You can follow these steps to install your Tenda MW6 router.
1. Tenda Wi-Fi App
- You need to install the Tenda Wi-Fi application on your mobile phone. It is available both for iOS and Android.
- Just go to the App Store or Play Store and install the Tenda Wi-Fi app.
- You can also scan the QR code printed on the installation guide to download Tenda Wi-Fi app.
2. Tenda Nova router
If you flip over your Tenda Nova device, you will see that there are some ports. You need to connect your broadband line to the WAN port and the power line to the POW port. Once you are done, just switch on your device. You can now connect your mobile phone to Nova’s wireless signal and continue with the installation process.
Tenda Nova MW6 Setup
Tenda Wi-Fi app allows you to virtually set up your device. It is a simple step-by-step process. You can find proper directions in the Tenda MW6 manual as well. You can apply the following steps to set up your Tenda Nova device:
- Open the Tenda Wi-Fi app and click on ‘Setup’.
- The Nova signal is recognized by the software. It requires you to fill in the relevant information. Once you have put in all the information, just click ‘Next.’ The next screen will show that you are now connected to the internet. Press ‘Next”.
- You can choose to change the Wi-Fi name and password to suit something that you like. Just go to settings and enter the name and password. Once you are done, click ‘OK.’
- The Tenda Nova indication light would turn blue, indicating that your device is now connected to the internet.
- Once you have set up your first Nova device, it is easy to install the other two. Just take your Nova device and place it somewhere you like. Connect it to a stable power connection and wait for a minute. The router will automatically setup. Keep an eye on the indicator light. If it is blue, you are set. If the indicator light shows some other color, just adjust the position of the Tenda Nova device until the LED turns blue.
- Do the same for the last device. Once all the devices are set up, your Tenda Wi-Fi app will show that all your devices are online.
How to connect Amazon Alexa with Tenda Wi-Fi System?
- You need to download the Amazon Alexa app and setup Amazon Echo.
- While setting up your Amazon Echo, if it does not connect automatically, make sure to connect manually.
- Plugin your Echo device. Wait for a few minutes. If you see an orange ring, it is an indication that your device is ready. Click on ‘Continue’.
- Select the MW6 Wi-Fi network and enter your password. Press ‘Connect’.
How to set AP mode on Tenda MW6 Mesh WiFi System?
- Open the ‘Tenda Wi-Fi’ App on your phone.
- Connect WAN port with AP management router using Tenda Nova MW6 ethernet backhaul cable.
- Use your mobile phone to connect the MW6 Wi-Fi signal and see if the indicator light turns blue.
- Open setting and choose ‘Connection Type.’ Opt for Tenda MW6 ‘bridge’ mode
What to do when your Nova device fails to identify your connection type the first time?
- Switch on and off both your modem and Tenda Nova device. Now connect your Tenda device to the modem using an ethernet cable.
- Wait for the indicator light on your Tenda device to turn blue.
- Connect your phone to the Nova Wi-Fi signal.
What to do when you switch off your modem and Tenda device, and when you switch it on, both fail to recognize the network?
- Try connecting your wireless network to a cable modem. Now switch off your modem and switch it on. Wait for your router to recognize the network.
- Connect the WAN port of Nova to the LAN port of your wireless router. And use the Tenda Wi-Fi app to make your Nova device access the internet.
- You might also need to upgrade your Tenda software. Open ‘setting’ on the Tenda Wi-Fi app and check the status of your firmware. You must upgrade to Tenda MW6 latest firmware.
- Once you have installed the latest firmware, connect your Tenda device to your modem and restart it. The Nova device will soon detect your connection.
What should I do when one Tenda node fails to connect to the rest?
- It happens when the distance between the nodes is too much. Try adjusting the position so that the node comes close to the other nodes.
- If the third node fails to connect, make sure that you restart it and check the connection. Check if the node can connect on APP and check the indicator light.
- If none of the above work, it is time for Tenda MW6 reset. Just hold the reset button for 20 seconds and wait for the indicator light to turn white. Once it turns white, release the reset button.
- If the light starts blinking, open your Tenda Wi-Fi app on your phone. You should get a notification saying that a new Nova device wants to join. Click on ‘Allow.’
What to do when two nodes fail to connect with the primary Tenda device?
Follow the above steps to connect both your nodes to the primary device.
Tenda Nova Whole-Home Mesh Wifi System Review
Tenda Nova’s whole-home mesh Wi-Fi system is truly the modern way to connect to the internet. Since it is something that is so brand new, people often stumble upon small issues related to installation and setup. But solutions to all your problems is mentioned in the Tenda mw6 nova manual.
The use of Wave2 MU-MIMO + Beamforming technology allows you to connect several devices to your Tenda router. It is because of this technology that the speed on all devices is not hampered.
Another great thing about the Tenda Nova Mesh Wi-Fi system is that it can easily reconnect in case it disconnects. The problem with the conventional Wi-Fi network is that it takes time to reconnect once it disconnects. But that is not the case with Tenda Nova devices. If one device gets disconnected somehow, it manages to connect with the neighboring Tenda Nova device.
Considering the price, it is a significant investment. It is ideal for big houses, but it can also be used in small apartments. The design is sleek and modern because of which it is sure to blend in. This Tenda Nova Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi system review covers the best of what Tenda has to offer. In simple terms, the Tenda Nova Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi system is the simplest way to make the best of your internet connectivity.