The TRENDnet N150 Wireless Router uses to share a single network connection with multiple users at the same time. Besides, the Trendnet wireless router has three effective modes: one is the router and the others are the WISP and the repeater mode. Moreover, you can easily share large files or documents with any person. Along with that, it also has a USB Quick charge port and interchangeable power plugs. Also, the setup of the wireless router is easy and you can complete it with one-touch by pressing the WPS button.
Along with its unique and strong features, it also provides you with GREENnet technology which helps to save energy. In other words, the TEW-714TRU model is a flexible travel router that works as a professional router. This router has the best function in that it can turn any wired network into a wireless one. Its repeater and WISP modes support the existing wireless network. You can conveniently connect a USB storage drive that assists to share the content across the wifi network.
Unique Features of TRENDnet N150 Wireless Router
The TRENDnet N150 travel Wireless Router performs the central function just like your home router. It allows the users to share the wireless internet connection with other users. In today’s world, this kind of travel router is such a relief. You can take it anywhere such as hotels or any place where you do not get an internet connection. In order to understand this amazing travel router. Readout the underneath points to clear your view about travel wireless routers.
- It has GREENnet technology that reduces power consumption by 50 percent.
- With the help of the high-speed data rates, you get 150 Mbps of speed which might be based on IEEE 802.11n*.
- Besides, it has wireless advanced technology and security of up to WPA2-RADIUS.
- It can also be set up very conveniently via web browser and you can use Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera Mini, Safari, or any other safe site.
- Its indoor range can reach up to 100 meters and can extremely cover 330 ft areas as it depends on the environment.
- Its outdoor range can reach up to 300 meters and can extremely cover 980 ft areas as it also depends on the environment.
- Moreover, the Trendnet travel router also has Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) that is used for auto-discovery and auto-configuration of devices on the internet applications.
If you want to know more about the travel router then it’s recommended to use and read the user manual of the Trendnet 150N Wireless router.
TRENDnet N150 Wireless Router Installation
Here are the TRENDnet Wireless Router instructions. So read them completely and follow the steps to install the 150N router in an uncomplicated manner. Before you commence the installation procedure of the router, you need to unpack it first and become familiar with the front and the back panels of the router. Make sure that your router should contain:
- An N150 Wireless Travel Router
- An AC power adapter
- One yellow Ethernet cable
- A TrendNet N150 Router installation Guide
- A smart Wizard installation CD
- PDF version of the TrendNet router manual
- A link to access the online user manual of the router
So these are the parts that you will receive in your package. If you get any of the parts missing or damaged then immediately return the router for repair.
How to prepare the TrendNet wireless router for installation?
For the installation of the router, you need to remove the film covering the sides by peeling off the router. After that, place the device into a safe and ideal place for installation. You can also place it near the AC power outlet. To establish the wired connection, you can also use the Ethernet cable to connect to wired computers.
So this is how you can prepare the travel router for the installation in just a few quick steps.
TRENDnet N150 Wireless Router Setup
After the installation, you complete the setup of the router. It will start by positioning the device. Well, the wireless router can access the internet connection virtually via operating the range from any corner of your home.
- Make sure to place it near the bottom of the area where the PC and other devices can be operated easily.
- Also, make sure that the router should be near to the power outlet for the wired computer to connect using an Ethernet cable.
- Place the router into an elevated location such as shelves and maintain a proper distance from the number of floors or ceiling walls, cordless phones, home security systems, and microwaves.
- Be sure to place away from the solid metal doors, aluminum studs, mirrors, bricks, and glasses as they can affect the wireless signals.
Place the router according to the above-mentioned points.
Install the TrendNet wireless router via smart wizard setup
In order to install the router via smart wizard installation assistant that is available into the resource CD. In short, this is the easiest operation to set up the router in an effective manner. These steps will help you set up the router as it will hardly take 15 minutes.
- Firstly, insert the CD into the PC or a laptop device.
- The wireless-enabled device will automatically start when you insert the resource CD.
- Also, it will detect the language and choose a preferred language.
- Go to the menu option of the CD and click on the smart setup wizard to begin the setup.
- When the screen prompts about the update then click on the yes button to check for the latest update.
- Follow the instructions and you will be prompted to complete the setup of the router.
These steps will help you to set up via CD resource. If you don’t have a CD then fret not, you also have another option. You can set up the TrendNet router manually.
Manual Setup of the TrentNet 150N wifi router
Well, you can connect the wireless router with the help of a modem or cable that will be used to connect to the computer. For more details check out the steps.
- Primarily, turn off the computer device.
- After that, turn off and unplug the cable, DSL, or broadband modem.
- Thereafter, locate the cable to connect the computer and modem.
- Now disconnect the cable from the modem and after waiting for a few seconds connect it to the router.
- Now, locate the Ethernet cable to securely join the one end of the cable into the modem and the other end into the wifi switch of the wifi router.
- Afterward, locate the cable and make sure that it should be connected or attached to the computer securely.
- Insert the cable into the port and connect it to the PC by joining the remaining other three LAN ports
- Lastly, review the network and ensure that it is perfectly set up and working now.
Congratulations, you are now ready to start the network, and make sure to start into the right sequence as it is described in the manual.
TRENDnet TEW-714TRU Wireless Router Default Login
For the login into the TEW-714TRU Wireless Router and make sure that you have the IP address of the device. Besides, you will get this information into the manual. If you do not have the manual then read the below-described information from here.
- Open the internet portal of your choice such as Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc.
- Type the Trendnet N150 wireless router default IP address 192.168.10.1 to access the admin user interface.
- When you reach the admin portal then you will see the two text fields.
- One field is for username and another is for the password.
- Well, the default username of the TrendNet is admin and the default password is also admin.
- Carefully enter your credentials and press the “enter” button.
- Thereafter, you will be accessed the control panel of the router.
That’s it! The login of the TEW-714TRU Wireless Router has been completed successfully.
TRENDnet TEW-714TRU Wireless Router Troubleshooting Guide
This section will help you to sort out the problem and the tricks to tackle the issue with your product.
- When the Trendnet N150 wireless router not working or suddenly stops then you need to solve it immediately. There might be certain issues with your device when it is not working.
- You need to check all the connections with the N150 wifi router and make sure that it should be properly connected to the router and the PC. Also, make sure that both are perfectly connected to the power supply.
- Also, check the internet connectivity and it is running the file. Simply connect the laptop directly by using an Ethernet or LAN cable. If it is not functioning, you can also use the internet browser and you can try to connect with another web page
- You can configure the settings by resetting the router. The Trendnet N150 wireless router reset can solve all the problems in your device. First of all, reset the travel router by pushing the reset button. Locate it into the back of the router and connect the PC or laptop by using a LAN cable. You have another option as well, you can open the browser and enter the default IP address into the search bar. The IP address will take you to the settings of the router. Simply type the SSID network name and leave the password blank as it is. Thereafter, go to the bottom side of the setup page and tap on the restore button and the TrendNet router will be reset to its default settings.
Trendnet N150 wireless router firmware update
For the Trendnet N150 wireless router firmware update, you can update it to secure the hardware and the software settings. Sometimes, the firmware update can solve every issue within the device that causes problems in the system. So check it first, if there is any update available for the TrendNet router then immediately begin the downloading process. Check out the procedure to upgrade the firmware file of the TrendNet wireless router.
- The process will begin by downloading the firmware file from www.trendnet.com/downloads.
- Thereafter, go to the web browser and typewrite the default IP address of the TrendNet travel router.
- The page will give you access to reach the admin panel. On the admin page enter the admin username and the default password and tap on the enter button.
- Click on the setup option and then hit on the tools option.
- Afterward, check the available firmware version, and if it is there then press on the ‘yes’ icon.
- After that, wait for thirty seconds and the device will start the rebooting process.
- You need to hold up until the process completes and wait for a few minutes to restart the device and reconfigure the settings.
You can use these steps to resolve the problem with your TrendNet travel wifi router. If you face any problem then these tricks will act as a retriever or a booster to help you deal with the problem.<
Trendnet N150 Wireless Router Review
Well, the Trendnet N150 travel router makes sure that you can get privacy anywhere around the world. You can also take into the vacations and the hotel rooms or where there is little chance of connecting to a WiFi connection. As it is safely equipped with an Ethernet jack which is a very thoughtful feature. Also, it will never bother you to change the wifi network name and the password while you are traveling across the world. You just need to put the power plug into the jack which is very Easy Peezy. Also, it is an excellent value for the money. The range and the price is very decent. Overall, the product is highly recommended.