The Netgear extender provides assorted encrypted ways to set up the wifi router. With the use of WPS setup the infringements and the botching will never be a concern for you. The concerns start when the Wifi protected setup not working with Netgear Extender. You just need to know the tricks to optimize the WPS settings in an accurate way. In simple words, the WiFi Protected Setup that is known as the WPS Setup permits you to connect to wifi-enabled devices without the need for a wifi password. Well, to access the WPS connection you just require physical access with your wifi router.
Thus, the WiFi Protected setup settings are simple and can easily reduce the requirement to enter to select the wifi details. These details can be the wireless network name (SSID) wireless security key (wifi password). Sometimes, the WPS connection does not work with the Netgear normal extender. In the following article, you get to know the actual steps of the WPS button and the causes when it fails to connect to the Netgear extender.
Actual Causes Behind the Wifi protected setup not working with Netgear Extender
So here are the following actual causes when the WPS connection fails to set up with the Netgear extender. For your important information, not all mediocre routers support WPS routers. So before establishing the WPS Button connection, you need to be sure that your host router should have the WPS button. Obviously, you can configure the settings of the Netgear extender by using alternate methods despite using the WPS button when it does not work. But as it is the easiest way to tackle the situation then check out the reasons behind the failure of the WPS connection.
- The first thing that you need to be sure of is that both the extender and the mediocre router have the WPS Button. If the router does not have the WPS button then you cannot continue the WPS button connection with the Netgear extender.
- Before establishing the WPS connection, you also need to check the compatibility with the mediocre router.
- When you have wrongly configured the settings of the router or the extender then it will create a problem to establish the WPS button connection.
- The outdated firmware can also be the reason for the non-fulfillment of the wifi-protected setup.
So these are the actual reasons behind the failure of the WPS connection with the Netgear extender. Moreover, when you do not configure the settings of the router with the extender to establish a secure WPS connection then this also be a failure in setting up the connection with the router.
Right Ways to set up the Netgear Extender with WPS Button
If you want to avoid these kinds of problems when the Wifi protected setup not working with Netgear Extender then instantly check out the right ways. So the Netgear extender provides the safest and the easiest way to set up the extender with a mediocre router. Before you catch the steps to fix the error, check out the right setup steps to establish the WPS button connection with the router.
- In the very first step, ensure that the Netgear extender has an extender switch or access point that must be set to extender mode.
- After that, move the Netgear extender and the mediocre router into the paired room as your host router.
- Thereafter, the power LED on the router will be ready to blink and you need to have patience on this step until the power LED becomes completely stabilized.
- However, hit on the WPS button of the router and the WPS LED will be ready to blink.
- Just hold up for a maximum of three minutes and then hit on the WPS button of the mediocre router up till the WPS LED of the Netgear extender stabilizes.
- Therefore, let the LED stay solid, and now it’s time to change the location of both the wireless devices.
- Now you can unplug the normal extender and place the wireless device into a new location where it can be between the mediocre router and the place where you have the weakest signal in your home.
- Now replug the normal extender into the power socket and hold until the power LED lightens up.
- Along with that, you can also use a router link LED that will assist you to find out the best spot for your extender and where it can get the optimal connection.
- Finally, you can connect wifi-enabled mobile or computer devices to connect to the extended network connection.
- Also, the password of the Netgear extender is the same as for the original network connection with the mediocre router.
Make sure to follow the WPS steps to establish the Netgear extender connection with the wifi router.
What happens when the Wifi protected setup not working with Netgear Extender?
Even after following the accurate WPS button steps of the Netgear extender, the error still persists. You need not worry, just try out the underneath troubleshooting points.
Check out the working of the router with the Netgear extender
First of all, check that the router you will use with the Netgear extender should have the pre-enabled WPS option. As some of the mediocre routers do not have the WPS button. So either you can check the model number of the router or you will need to look after the WPS button. Moreover, you do not need to be puzzled by the WPS button with the reset button. That is also located right beside the reset button and also it comes in a compact size. So it is advised to read the manual instructions carefully to get the information of the buttons on the bottom side of the router.
Verify the compatibility of the router with the Netgear extender
Yes, you will not be able to establish the WPS connection if your router will not be a compatible device. The router you will use with the Netgear extender makes sure that it should be compatible with the WPS button. In case, you will use Apple products such as MAC, iPad, iPhone, etc that should not be compatible with the WPS button. Thus, you will not be able to establish a connection with your mediocre router. In the end, it does not matter whether you are using the WPS button router or not but these devices will not let you connect to the WPS.
Upgrade the Firmware of the Mediocre Router
You also need to check out the version of the router that you are using to handle the internet connection with the extender. There are various issues that are connected to the firmware upgrade of the router. Sometimes, the old or the outdated version can possibly cause the WPS feature to pause working. Thus you will not be able to use the WPS feature anymore. So it is recommended to use the latest version of the router and that will also be going to fix all the problems with the WPS. Lastly, you just need to be sure that there will not be any hurdle or interruption during the firmware upgrade process of the router.