The wireless Ring mailbox sensor with a Bridge is a battery-operated motion detector that sends a real-time notification. You will receive all these alerts in the Ring app whenever the mailbox opens. Link the mailbox with cameras, smart lighting, and doorbells to power on and initiate the recording operation when the sensor catches motion. The motion sensitivity can be adjusted in the Ring app to modify the security as per your needs. The motion detection is adjustable and gives a 120-degree view. However, the detection angle varies on the distance where it is placed. The Alexa-enabled device offers to control it via voice commands.
The mailbox sensor arrives with a Bridge that extends around a hundred feet of range. The weather-resistant feature allows you to install the device outdoors. Setup of the Ring Bridge and mailbox sensor almost takes around ten to twenty minutes to accomplish. The Ring Bridge will connect easily with networks having 802.11n, 802.11b, and 802.11g standards. The need for wifi network speed is 2 MBps for a superior experience. However, the minimum wifi’s throughput required is 1 MBps. The useful and eye-catching features of the Ring mailbox are as follows.
Wireless Ring Mailbox Sensor Features
The Ring mailbox sensor + Bridge comes with great features. Some of the eye-catching features, as well as specs, are as follows.
- It arrives with an inbuilt battery. When fully charged, the Ring mailbox sensor battery runs for around eight to ten weeks.
- Get rid of using computers to get alerts. Connect your Ring app to the device from your mobile device to catch Ring mailbox sensor notifications.
- A universal device will connect with smart lighting, cameras, and doorbells to power on or off. Also, control it by using the voice commands as it is an Alexa-compatible device.
- Both the Ring mailbox sensor and the Bridge take only ten to twenty minutes to finish the setup. The installation steps for the Ring sensor and Bridge are as follows.
Steps For Ring Mailbox Sensor Installation
Unbox the Ring mailbox sensor shipment package and take out motion sensor, external antennas, user guide, screws, security sticker, drill bit, and mounting hardware such as two mounting brackets, wire routing equipment, anchors, adhesive, etc. Understand the Ring mailbox sensor manual to know more about it. Download the app first employing the following steps.
Download the Ring app
- It’s time to install the Ring app. It is available for the App Store and Google Playstore. You can download it with the help of Netgear R6700ax wifi router’s network
- On the Store, search for the Ring app and get or download for your OS.
- Open the Ring app and tap the setup of the device option.
- On the menu button, hit add a device.
- The device will show. Select the mailbox sensor from the list.
- The scanner detection interface reveals. Scan the QR code by opening the battery cover. The QR code is available beside the battery compartment. Now choose the mailbox you wish to install.
- The app will convoy to go after the setup instructions.
Insert the batteries Into the Ring sensor
- Open the back cover of the Ring Mailbox Sensor.
- Put three AAA batteries in the compartment.
- Next, close the back cover. The Ring mailbox sensor battery replacement can also be done in the same way.
Attach the Antenna to Wireless Ring Mailbox Sensor
Take an antenna. Now remove the grommet fixed to the hole of the antenna. You need to attach the antennas with a Ring sensor. Follow the below steps to position your Ring mailbox device.
Attach Adhesive tape
- The first thing you need to do is to attach the adhesive tape to the back of the mailbox.
- Remove the outer cover and stick the tape to the sensor.
- Remove the other side cover of the sticky tape too.
- Look for the wall where you want to put the mailbox sensor. The wall should be clear and sere. You can also put the sensor inside the mailbox.
- The Ring antennas will be outside of the mailbox.
- The cable is attached to the sensor and to the antenna. It should be joined in such a way that even if you open it, it does not affect the cable. Now attach the sticker to the antenna.
- Try to install the mailbox within six feet of the Ring Bridge. The installation operation of the Ring Bridge is as follows.
Ring Bridge Installation
The installation guide for the Ring Bridge device is as follows.
- Choose the place where you want to place or install the Ring Bridge. The distance between the wireless Ring mailbox sensor and Bridge should not be far than 6 feet.
- Now it’s time to attach the Bridge to the wall. Place the bracketing screws on the wall and mark the spots.
- Put the screws into the marked spot after drilling holes. Next, fasten the screws.
- Now slide the Bridge into the bracket and fix it.
- Attach the USB cable to the Bridge and another end to the adapter. Attach the adapter to the AC socket now.
- You will notice that Ring Bridge blue light flashing randomly. The simple setup operation for the Ring Bridge is mentioned below.
Ring Bridge Setup
The Ring Bridge setup guidance is as follows.
- On the Ring app, touch the setup of the device option.
- Move to the menu button, hit add a device.
- Select Ring smart lightning Bridge from the list.
- The scanner detection interface displays. Next, scan the QR code by unpacking the battery panel. The QR code is available beside the battery compartment.
- Now follow the instructions on the app to finish the setup operation. The Ring mailbox sensor troubleshooting guide is mentioned below.
Guide for Ring Mailbox Sensor Troubleshooting
Many issues may occur while using the mailbox. Some of the main issues that users mostly faced with some solutions are as follows.
Ring mailbox sensor offline
Try the following solutions if the Ring sensor is indicating offline.
- Check the wifi internet connection. The wifi settings might have been changed.
- Assure that the battery is working and inserted properly. Try to replace the outdated battery.
- If you have other Ring devices, check whether the same issue occurs with that too.
- Try to do a Ring mailbox sensor reset. The position of the Ring sensor may not be accurate.
- Go to the Ring app and contact the support team.
How to connect the Ring mailbox sensor to Alexa?
These are the simple steps to interlink a connection between the Alexa app and the Ring sensor.
- Open the Alexa app. You can install it on your mobile phone from the Store.
- Register with your Amazon account and tap on the menu bar.
- Touch Skills and Games. On the next interface, explore Ring.
- The searches will show. Select Ring mailbox sensor and hot enable.
- Now you have to log in with your Ring account.
- After login, the Ring device is connected automatically to Alexa.
Ring mailbox sensor not sending notifications
If the Ring mailbox is not sending notifications, then try the following solutions.
- The app is outdated. Update the app if available.
- On your mobile phone, check notification is enabled and you have provided all the permissions to the Ring app.
- Move to the Ring app, and then to the device menu. Chase the Ring notifications settings. Get sure the ring alerts and motion alerts are toggled on. Add to the motion zone after chasing the motion settings. Uninstall the Ring app and pair it with the mailbox sensor again.
- Assure the internet connection is working without any interruption.
- The position of the Ring sensor may not be accurate.
Ring mailbox sensor reset
The Ring sensor reset operation is simple. Just follow the below steps to complete it.
- Open the back cover and look for the reset button.
- Thumb down the reset button on the rear side of the mailbox sensor.
- The button should be pushed for around three to five seconds.
- The device automatically resets.
Wireless Ring mailbox sensor review
Just received the Ring sensor yesterday and installed it. I purchased it because of an audible notification from Alexa and it did as I expected. Whenever the motion is caught by the mailbox sensor, Alexa says, the mail arrives. It gives me satisfaction and total peace of mind. However, the installation takes your time. You have to drill the holes for connecting the wire to the external antenna. I give an immediate alert. The battery runs for around eight to ten weeks. The battery consumption is not a big deal. One thing I did not like, i.e, the range. You have to install the Ring sensor and the Bridge closely. The range is only 15 feet. But other than that, a perfect device. I suggest users looking to grab the deal can buy for small purposes because of its range.