The TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Router provides a high-speed internet connection so that you can play online gaming without the interruption of dead zones into your coverage. All thanks to its double wifi rings that seamlessly operate the devices at the same time without creating any disturbance to the networking environment. Along with that, it provides a solid wifi speed of 2.4 GHz (300 Mbps) of turbo speed which is ideal for web surfing or streaming movies on the internet. Also, the pellucid 5 GHz offers you 867 Mbps of speed so that you can play online games and enjoy them in HD simultaneously.
The Archer A5 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router lets you enjoy the connections with your PC or laptops which might be three times faster than wifi N wireless air conditioning technology. Moreover, it has four external antennas that provide optimal wireless coverage and a stable wifi connection. Besides, it supports Bridge, and Tag VLAN, IGMP Proxy/Snooping, to optimize IPTV streaming.
Ultimate Features of TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Dual-Band Router
Check out the ultimate features of the device so that you get more information about it. When you get familiarized with the features or characteristics of the product then the steps for the installation and the setup will become more convenient to understand.
- The TP-Link Archer A5 router has received the JD Power Award to satisfy its users in large numbers in 2017 and 2019 whether in terms of product quality or price.
- Besides, the Archer A5 wireless router also supports 802. 11AC Wi-Fi standard that is mostly used for home wifi connections.
- Moreover, it has 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi bands that simultaneously work and provide 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps of dual-band speed of total bandwidth of 1200 Mbps.
- Additionally, the router also has four external antennas for optimal wireless coverage and stability into its wifi connection.
- The Archer A5 wireless router comes with easy network management that can be controlled at your fingertips with the help of a TP-Link Tether App.
Well, these features are enough to understand the capability of the router. If you want to perceive more information about the TP-Link Archer A5 then read the whole article.
TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Router Installation
Well, the TP-Link A5 AC1200 Router is designed to meet the needs of a small office or home office. With the antennas, you will receive the wifi signal that spreads the wifi coverage throughout the house. The built-in Ethernet ports supply the high-speed wifi connection to all the wired devices. To install the router, you need to position it appropriately. Read the steps to position the AC1200 wireless router at your home or office.
- In the first place, ensure that the TP-Link router should not be placed into a moisturized or excessively heated area.
- Make sure that the router should be near to the power source where all the devices can be easily connected to all the wifi-enabled devices.
- Also, make sure that all the power sources and the cords are securely placed out so that they can save you from any danger.
- Be sure that the TP-Link AC1200 router should be placed on a desktop or shelf.
- Also, keep the TP-Link AC1200 router away from the sensitive electromagnetic devices.
How to connect the TP-Link Router Archer A5 AC1200?
In order to connect the TP-Link wireless router, walk through the below-mentioned steps.
- Primarily, turn off the modem and then remove the battery if there is one.
- Thereafter, connect the modem to the internet port on the home router with the use of an Ethernet cable.
- Consequently, turn on the modem and restart the device after waiting for a couple of minutes.
- Afterward, turn on the AC1200 wireless router.
- When the router is powered on, then recheck the hardware connection of the device and make sure that the LEDs are working perfectly.
What are the Ways for Archer A5 AC1200 Router Setup?
Well, there are three simple and easy ways to set up the TP-Link AC1200 Home Router.
Method 1: The Wired Connection with your computer
The first method is to use the wired connection. By using the computer you can connect to the A5 AC1200 wireless router. The process is simple, primarily turn off the wifi on your PC or laptop and make sure that the wireless devices are connected via an Ethernet cable.
Method 2: To connect the router wirelessly
- First of all, locate the network name (SSID) and the wireless p[assword by making sure that it should be printed on the bottom of your router.
- After that, hit on the wireless network icon on your PC and then go to the wifi settings of your smart wireless device.
- Thereafter, choose the wireless network name to connect to the wifi network of the router.
Method 3: Setup with a WPS Button
The TP-Link Archer AC1200 router supports the WPS connection and most of the USB network cards. If you want to use the WPS button setup then make sure that it should be supported by your WPS-enabled devices.
- Open the screen of your smart-enabled device and then click on the WPS icon.
- Afterward, push the WPS button of the router instantly.
- After pushing the WPS button, it will start flashing the LED light which means the device is now ready to pair up with the device.
So these are the different ways that can be used to set up the Archer A5 ac1200 wireless router. In case, your smart wireless device does not support the WPS connection then you can go for another option in spite of a WPS connection.
A TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router Login Guide
After completing the setup operation, now it’s time to perform the Login steps. If you use the web-based utility then it will be convenient to manage and configure the device. So go after the steps that are discussed below to log into the router.
- First and foremost, obtain the IP address automatically by setting it into TCP or IP with your PC.
- Thereafter, visit http://tplinkwifi.net and you will be accessed on the login page.
- On the page, you will see the two fields to enter the username and the password.
- Both the username and the password are an admin by default.
In case, the login window does not appear then you can refer to the Archer A5 AC1200 Router manual.
TP-Link Archer A5 WLAN-Dual Band (AC1200) Router Troubleshooting
In this section, we’ll assist you to solve the issue with your TP-Link Archer A5 Router. Well, we have excised some of the queries of the users and provided detailed information to sort out the issue.
Why is the Archer A5 AC1200 Router not working?
Well, there are various reasons when it does not work up to mark. It happens due to weak signals and sometimes incorrect settings of the router. When there is too much interruption, the wireless adapter stops working. To overcome the problem, you need to check out the wireless signal strength of the network. Make sure that the IP address and the public IP address should not be invalid
Why is the Archer A5 AC1200 Router not connecting?
When the wifi connection is unstable then the Archer A5 AC1200 Router keeps disconnecting from the internet connection. Immediately, make sure that the computer is properly connected to the modem. In case, the internet connection is not stable then immediately ask your ISP. Also, check the Ethernet cable is also working well. Check out the points to improve the performance of the router.
- First of all, maintain the distance. When the distance is not maintained properly then the signal strength could be poor. So that, you need to move the router to another location.
- If the wifi connection is strong but still you are getting an unstable wifi connection. Then there might be chances of interference. So make sure that the router should support the 5G connection as well.
- If it does not support the smart connection then disable the connection immediately and connect to the 4G network.
How to overcome the Archer A5 AC1200 Router yellow light blinking?
The blinking of the yellow light happens in some of the certain cases that are mentioned below:
- When there is no LED for a normal router.
- Sometimes the Ethernet fails to connect to the router
- When the wireless LED does not blink.
- Sometimes the wireless LED doesn’t blink; it happens when there is any malfunctioning in the hardware system of the router
- When the rebooting procedure is in the process then the yellow lights start flashing.
So these are cases when the yellow light is blinking. You are completely familiar with the problem behind the issue. For the brief solution, you can refer to the TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Router Guide.
How to do the TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Router update?
In order to install the latest TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Router firmware follow these steps.
- The first thing you need to do is to install the firmware file from the tp-link.com website.
- After that, complete the login procedure to access the management interface of the router.
- Then, go to the system tools and click on the latest firmware upgrade option.
- Therefore, select the file to locate the latest firmware.
- Finally, click on the firmware upgrade and you can also click on the configuration file to restore the file to its previous settings from its backup.
These steps will help you to get the Archer A5 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router latest firmware.
What are the steps for TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Router Hard Reset?
Well, the hard reset of the router will restore the factory default settings of the router. You can configure it simply and load the Archer A5 AC1200 Router configuration file. So there are two methods to hard reset the device.
- In the first method, you need to push the reset button. Make sure that it should be powered on. For that, hold the WPS or the reset button for about ten seconds. You will leave the button when the LED will flash slowly. Thus the device will reboot when you release the button to its factory default settings.
- In the second method, you need to go to the advanced menu, click on advanced tools. After that, click on the backup and restore button and then hit the factory default restore tab page. Thus, click on the factory restore and it will start rebooting to its factory default settings.
These two methods will hard reset the router. If you want to know more then simply refer to the manual guide of the TP-Link A5 wireless router.
TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router Review
The user of the TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Wireless router says that “it is an excellent product. The setup of the device is also easy. Additionally, the speed is also faster than my old router. My old router was five years older than my latest one. It can provide the whole-home wireless coverage throughout the home sans any dead spots. I simply like the product that also comes under great value.All I can tell is that I am happy with the purchase. It is highly recommended to others who are looking for the same product with such great features.”