The BroadLink RM4 mini IR Universal Remote control hub is tiny. It is an ingenious remote controller that almost controls 50,000+ IR controlled devices. You can install the smart remote control in a minute. Apart from this, the BroadLink IR Universal Remote is natively designed to prevent your IR appliances. The overall working of the IR remote control hub is entirely based upon the one easy-to-use BroadLink app. It is a smart WiFi IR Blaster for Smart Home Automation with Alexa or Google Assistant. Through this IR Remote control hub, you can experience hands-free control services. It is compatible with Google Assistant, IFTTT, Alexa, Home assistant.
Moreover, it is an impeccable wireless remote control hub. You can control it with voice control like Alexa, Home assistant, etc. It allows you to turn on and shut off your TV or turn up & down the volume via voice control. After creating the Broadlink account you can easily use it for multiple timers and customize the settings. You have to control your home devices easily with the Broadlink app anywhere. It is simple to use and an easy setup to form a smart house for you. You can control these IR devices with the IR smart remote hub Conditioner, Video Recorder, TV, Home Theater/Sound Bar/Home Stereo control, STB, DVD, Air, Fan, Presenter Remote, etc.
BroadLink Smart IR Remote Control Hub-WiFi IR Blaster features
The Broadlink IR Smart Remote Control Hub configuration is zero. You do not need to configure it. There are some more features of the WiFi IR Blaster; it is as:
- Perfect compatibility: The BroadLink Wi-Fi smart hub permits you to control your 50000+ IR control devices with this smart tiny IR remote control hub. The integration of this IR control hub is thoroughly based on electric appliances and home entertainment. It supports the IR library. You can be updated constantly with the cloud to keep compatible with all your latest devices.
- Entirely control with the Remote: You can control the Broadlink WiFi IR universal remote control hub with the Broadlink app. It allows you to control the devices from anywhere.
<li>Works with Smart Voice control and IFTTT: You can control all the IR devices with the Alexa and home assistant. You can set it up with the Echo/Alexa and Google Nest. There is also more home automation that can be added by IFTTT. Siri voice control is also available on iPhone.
- Additional features: The Broadlink smart home hub-wifi remote control IR blaster made up with the FastCon technology. It works after the network configuration. This is a Smart Home WiFi Remote Controller. You should use the 2.4Ghz band connection only for it.
- Controls with the Broadlink App: Moreover, all working of the device is controlled with the Broadlink app. It shows your FastCon device status in the app after adding it. Ensure that it is turned on at this time.
Thus, it has the following BroadLink RM4 mini IR Universal Remote features. All the features are included in the Broadlink wireless smart remote controller.
Steps for the BroadLink RM4 mini IR Installation
Would you know how to install the Broadlink smart WiFi IR blaster? If yes, then get it through below.
- First of all, unpack it if it is new.
- It brings the following accessories:
(i) RM4 Mini
(ii) Mounting board
(iii) USB cable
(iv) Broadlink rm4 manual or quick installation guide
- You should have to read the Broadlink RM Mini setup manual.
- Through the Broadlink user manual guide check its overview.
Overview of the Broadlink RM4 smart remote controller
- On its front panel, the Smart wifi IR blaster has a LED indicator.
- Its back panel contains a power input port (Micro USB port) and RM4 Mini reset button
Connect the Broadlink Universal Remote control hub (RM4 mini) with the power
- First, place the RM4 Mini remote control hub.
- After this, connect it with the included USB cable.
- Then, turn on the switch.
- Please wait, the FastCon device is turned on.
- When it is turned on adequately, the LED signal light of the device is illuminated to show its working status.
Vital info regarding the BroadLink Smart IR Remote Control Hub
Here are the following light indications that are demonstrated below.
- RM4 Mini signal indicator flashes quickly: Once in a while, the signal light of the wireless smart remote control hub is illuminating for two to three seconds. That means your device is being added now. The Broadlink RM4 configuration process is in progress now.
- Flash Quickly and off alternatively: Please wait for a while, meanwhile, your Broadlink RM4 remote control hub is added with the AP configuration mode.
- When it flashes from quickly to slowly and then off: Means the RM4 Mini is being configured and also be connected with the 2.4Ghz wireless connection.
- Flashes slowly: When its once/sec flash slowly means the Broadlink RM4 smart mini remote control hub failed to connect with the internet connection.
- Flash once: It means the IR signal is sent.
Exclusive guide for the Broadlink RM4 Setup
These are the following Broadlink instructions (RM4 mini) for its setup which are demonstrated below.
(i) Install the Broadlink app for your Android phone/iPhone/Windows PC
Here are the following steps to the Broadlink app download.
- You have to use the play store application/app store/APK/ for the Broadlink app download for pc/windows/iPhone/Android phone.
- You can also use the Broadlink app alternative method instead of the Broadlink app.
- Open the app store on your iPhone and get the Broadlink app.
- After installing it, you will have to configure your FastCon device.
(ii) Steps for the BroadLink RM4 mini login
- First, you will open the Broadlink app.
- After this, Set the location while you are using the app and allow “Broadlink”.
- Meanwhile, tap on allows if you would like to get the Broadlink device notifications.
- Henceforth, click on the trial now to start it.
- Designate your region from the list to confirm that it is connected with the appropriate server.
- Now, you have to change the language and go ahead.
- Finally, click on the create new Broadlink account.
Steps for Broadlink register account
- First of all, enter the Email for the Broadlink registration.
- After this, enter the obtained verification code.
- Now, you will create a password and confirm it.
- Tap on done and finish the Broadlink RM4 Mini registration process.
Finally, set your home location and click on start to use.
Note: You can now access the Broadlink app anywhere through the Broadlink login portal.
(ii) Procedure for the BroadLink IR Universal Remote control hub (RM4 mini) configuration
Here are the following steps for the Broadlink RM4 smart remote controller hub configuration. It is followed as:
- First of all, tap on the add device to start adding the FastCon device.
- Make sure the Broadlink RM4 Mini power turns on, its signal light blinks blue quickly, your phone connects with the stable internet, routers are close to your devices, the router is configured with a 2.4Ghz connection.
- Click on add and please wait for a little bit. It is searching for available FastCon devices.
- Pick up the 2.4Ghz supported Wi-Fi connection SSID and enter the password.
- Tap on connect to Wi-Fi.
- The Broadlink Status light will modify into flashes quickly to slowly at the configuration and then off when the RM4 Mini connects with the internet appropriately.
- After this, tap on the next and set the device name.
- Finally, you can now use it and add all IR-controlled appliances which you would like controlled with the remote.
Tap on Add to the following devices
Add Broadlink to the home assistant, Broadlink Add remote, Broadlink Add a scene, add Broadlink to Homebridge, add Broadlink to Smartthings, add Broadlink to Alexa, Add Broadlink to Homekit/Google Home/device, etc. You will check the Broadlink air conditioner list and another compatible devices list that is compatible with it.
How does the Broadlink RM4 mini Google home/Alexa work?
Here below-given points demonstrate how to add Broadlink to Alexa. Does Alexa have a Broadlink WiFi IR blaster?.
- Go into the Google Home or Alexa app.
- Tap on the skills and game.
- Search the Broadlink and you will only choose the same model name from the showing list.
- Tap on the enable option and sign in to your Broadlink account.
- Please wait for a little bit, the Broadlink has been successfully linked with Alexa.
- Tap on discover devices; it takes some time so please wait.
- Now, on your phone screen, it will show all the smart IR-connected devices with Broadlink.
- You will add devices that you would like controlled with Alexa.
- Tap on your created scene and operate the devices with the voice control Alexa app.
BroadLink IR Universal Remote (RM4 mini) Troubleshooting
If you wish to get rid of the occurring issues of the BroadLink Smart IR Remote Control Hub, you can follow the below-given troubleshooting points; it is such as:
- You will need to reset your Broadlink hub when the Broadlink RM4 mini won’t connect to the wifi connection. Ensure that your router network is configured with a 2.4Ghz band.
How do I reset the BroadLink RM4 mini remote control hub?
Press the Broadlink reset button with the needle. Keep holding it for 6 to 8 seconds. After resetting it the LED signal lights will flash quickly.
Note: If you hold the Broadlink RM4 reset button longer than 10 seconds. Then, its process will be applied to reset the Broadlink AP configuration. The LED flashes quickly and then off alternatively.
- In case the Broadlink RM4 Mini setup fails then you will restart the Broadlink device and try again to set up the device.
- Install the Broadlink app again, in any case, the Broadlink app does not work.
- When the Broadlink RM4 Alexa skill is not working it means your device is offline. You should reconnect it with the internet to troubleshoot the error.
These are the following troubleshooting tricks to resolve the BroadLink IR Universal Remote control hub (RM4 mini) issues.
BroadLink Review (RM4 mini)
The BroadLink Smart IR Remote Control Hub is one of the WiFi IR Blasters for Smart Home Automation. You can use the smart remote controller to control your home TV Remote and other IR devices. Apart from this, it is Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, Google Assistant, IFTTT, etc. Moreover, the working of the wireless RM4 mini smart remote controller is too good. You should check the Broadlink WiFi RM4 mini-review from Amazon. The Broadlink RM4 smart mini IR universal remote control is controlled with the Broadlink app. There are the following specifications of the RM4 Mini Remote control hub. It is such as:
Broadlink RM4 specs:
- Broadlink RM4 remote control dimension: 1.85 x 1.85 x 1.65 inches
- Manufacturer: Hangzhou BroadLink Technology Co., Ltd.
- Mounting board dimension: 28.5 x 28.5 x 5mm
- USB cable length: 1m
- Power Source: DC
- Description Pile: Lithium-Ion
- Broadlink first time available: May 29, 2020
- Special Features: Easy to Install