Hitron WiFi Router
The Hitron WiFi Router can perfectly handle your primary network connection by replacing the existing one. In other words, the Hitron wireless router supports the static IP setup or port mapping that is majorly required for the customized settings of the router. Moreover, it provides high-speed internet access that can deliver up to 950 Mbps of speed by connecting at least 24 streaming channels across its DOCSIS user interfaces. Along with that, it has four integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports so that you can easily access the dual-band MU-MIMO access points. With the help of those points or features, it simply enables fast and easy home entertainment networking.
Besides, the excellent features of the Hitron wireless router in which the CGNM-2250 supports IPv4 features or pre-enabled or pre-configured wifi security features. Along with that, it also supports IPV6 features for the firewall protection of the wifi network of the router. With the help of the WPS connection and enabling the CGNM-2250 smart feature allows the users to instantly set up a secure wireless network after a rapid configuration of the Hitron router.
Hitron WiFi Router Easy Installation
For the Hitron router installation, you should have the basic items that are defined below:
- A Coax cable
- A power cord
- An Ethernet cable (optional). It requires only when you are doing a non-wireless connection.
- You will also require your own wifi-enabled laptop, smartphone, or any other device to connect to the internet connection.
So these are the items that are majorly required for the installation of the Hitron wireless router. In order to connect to the internet, you need to start by looking at the label on the back of the Hitron host router. You can also take a photo of the label with your smartphone device or write down these important details.
- The default network name or SSID.
- On the label, you will find two names in which one is for the 2.4 GHz networking band and another one is for the 5 GHz networking band.
- Also, be sure to write down the passphrase.
- Well, the passphrase is the default wireless password of your Hitron wireless router.
- The next thing is to pick a good central location in your home for your modem.
- Well, it is best to place it up high and off the floor and a spot where it can get good air circulation and where it is away from other wireless devices.
- Also, the Hitron modem should be near an active cable wall outlet.
These are the steps that you need to take for the installation of the Hitron modem or router.
Smart Setup of the Hitron WiFi Router
After completing the manual installation step-by-step, now it’s time for the Hitron router setup. Well, the Hitron router provides breakthrough performance to its users, and that performance you can also get if you walk and set it up in the right way. And here are the steps that provide direct access to the settings of the Hitron router.
- Now it’s time to start plugging the router in order to connect a coax cable from the wall outlet to your modem’s cable connection.
- Then plug the power cord into the modem and into the electrical outlet.
- You need to make sure that all the connections are finger-tight.
- In case the power outlet can be turned off by a light switch then be sure the switch is set to on
- Next is to wait for up to 15 minutes for the LED light that is ready to appear steady green when the modem is connected to the LED light on the front of the modem.
- Thus, it will stop flashing and remain steady green then it is recommended to try a different power outlet.
- Once the LED light is solid green then it’s time to connect to the wifi connection.
- Then remember the default from the label wifi network details earlier you will need those with this Hitron modem broadcast.
- Well, the wifi signal of one network is a 2.4 GHz signal and the other is a 5 GHz signal which is a newer technology for both networks that uses the same default passphrase.
- The passphrase also helps to connect to newer devices that are beneficial for both wifi signals to connect.
- With the help of a smartphone, a laptop that is used to connect the default wifi network.
- As each device’s settings are different, just go to your wifi settings and make sure that wifi is turned on.
- After that, find and select the default network for your modem, if your device shows your network name with 5G at the end of it.
- Now choose and connect to it, if it fails to connect to another wifi network then enter your modems default passphrase as your password.
- Next, connect to it or join the network to know that you are connected and when your device displays a wireless network symbol or indicates then it is completely connected to the wifi network.
So these are the steps that will complete the setup of the Hitron wifi network.
Where is the WPS button on the Hitron router?
On the Hitron router, you will get the WPS button on the front side of the modem. You need to press the WPS button of the wifi router so that you can connect to the WPS connection of the wireless device. In order to begin the PBC (Push button configuration) or WPS (WiFi protected setup) procedure, you need to enable the settings so that you can access the WPS connection throughout the home.
How to enable WPS on the Hitron router?
In order to enable the WPS connection, you need to connect your wifi device to the modem by following several steps.
- You need to push or hold the WPS button of the Hiron router for five to six seconds.
- When the WPS LED will be lit then after waiting for three minutes you can push the WPS button on the modem, gateway, or access point as well.
- Now you can connect to the 5 GHz band if it supports it.
- For that, open the safe internet browser and type the default IP address of the Hitron router 192.168.0.1.
- After that, enter default settings in order to access the settings of the Hitron modem or router.
- Thus, you can complete the login step now and after the login just click on the top menu of the page.
- Hereafter, simply click on the WPS and the security tap to enable the WPS to function with your modem or router.
How to log into the Hitron router?
In order to log into the Hitron router, be sure that you have installed it to set up the router in an appropriate manner. After the setup, you will get immediate access to the login page so that you can enter into the settings by logging into the router. Thus, it requires the default wifi network and the passphrase.
- First of all, make sure that the Hitron router is properly connected to the wifi network.
- Then open the web browser and visit a public website such as Chrome, Firefox, etc. If the site loads then it means you are successfully connected.
- At one time, you can connect only one device to the network but before you connect other devices you need to add more security by changing the default network names and passwords to something that’s unique.
- After visiting the website then enter the IP address 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and then select and then return on the Hitron login page.
- On the login page of the Hitron router, enter the username as “cusadmin” and be sure to use all the lowercase characters.
- For the password enter “password” and this should also be in the lower case and then select the login.
- On the new page, go to the top menu or use the mobile icon for mobile devices and then choose wireless.
- After that, you will arrive on the wireless settings page under basic settings, and then enter the new wifi network name which is the same for both 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz signals but be sure to add 5G connect at the end of the network name.
- You can create the same password for both 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz networks and then save the settings.
Kudos! You have logged into the Hitron wifi router now you can make changes to the desired settings and this is how to make Hitron router faster. But don’t forget to click on the Apply button once you are done with the settings of the router.
How to change the password on the Hitron router?
This kind of situation arises when you are willing to change the password of the Hitron router. Most probably it is changed due to security reasons. Sometimes the users of the Hitron router are confused about what is the username and password of the Hitron wifi router. If you don’t know and are looking for the easiest steps to set the new password of the Hitron router then you have reached the right page.
- It simply starts by launching an internet browser.
- There you need to enter the IP address of the Hitron router “192.168.0.1.”
- After that, simply enter the username which is “cusadmin” and make sure that it should be in the lower case.
- Now enter the “password” word into the password field.
- Therefore, click on the wireless section at the top of the page.
- After that, click on 2.4 G or 5 G or the guest network section and then click on the network that asks you to change the password of the Hitron wifi router.
- Now go to the Multiple SSID settings and then enter a new password into the passphrase key field.
- After that save all the settings of the windows device.
This is how you can change the password of the Hitron router.
How to enable UPnP on the Hitron router?
Well, the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) allows the searching of the networking connection into the surroundings of the environment. Besides, the users who own XP or Windows Me, only they can get access to operate the UPn. If you are also one of them and looking for the easy steps so to enable the UPnP into the home networking then read the following steps.
- Prominently, you need to open the web browser and then enter the default IP address into the address bar, 192.168.0.1 and then click on enter.
- Now type the username and the password and be sure to enter them into lowercase and then click OK.
- After the login, select the Tools tab and then you need to select the Misc. section.
- Now go to the settings of UPnP and then click on enable by using both the radio buttons. In case, you want to disable it then click on disable with the help of the radio buttons.
- Lastly, click on the save once you are done with the settings and then press continue to save the new settings with the wifi router.
How to port forward the PS4 Hitron WiFi Router?
In this guide, you will learn how to port forward the Hitron router with PS4. Well, in order to enable the port forwarding of the Hitron router through its settings. With the help of port forwarding, it can simply allow the remote computers to connect to the local network. For the port forwarding steps, go downward.
- First of all complete the login to the Hitron modem.
- After the Hitron router login, click on the basic menu.
- After that, from the submenu section, click on the port forwarding.
- There you need to set all the port forwarding rules into enable. Also, you can click on the disable if it is no longer needed for you.
- Now you can select the add rule button if you want to add new rules. In case, you need to manage the existing settings then click on the edit button.
- Thus, select apply once the setup of the new rules is completed.
- Be sure that the port forwarding status is set to on in order to get active rules.
- When you have done then select save changes.
How to change nat type on the Hitron router?
The NAT or the network address translation simply allows only one IP to provide the identifying address to devices or several computers on a local network. There is also another reason to open the NAT as it is mostly used for online gaming or gaming consoles. You can host a game when the NAT is set on the strict mode. Moreover, you can also do video calls, voice chats, or many things by changing or opening the NAT into the Hitron router.
- In order to change the NAT, open the windows search box and then enter cmd. There you need to click on the command instructions to get into the command windows.
- When the command windows open then enter “ipconfig /all” and then click on the enter button to enable the command.
- After that, a list of IPv4 gateway or default gateway will appear on the windows screen. If you find a similar number to the Hitron IP address then instantly write it down.
- In the next step, open Google Chrome or Internet Explorer and type the gateway address of the iron router. So that you can access the configuration page of the router.
- Later on, enter the default password of the wifi router which might be “password” or “admin”.
- After that, click on the admin link of the mediocre router.
- Now you can click on the save change or save settings button on the bottom side of the page. So to exit the configuration page of the Hitron wifi router.
How to access USB storage on the Hitron router?
In order to access the USB storage or media of the Hitron wireless router then try the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, verify that the USB drive should be properly inserted into the USB port on the Hitron router.
- Thereafter, check for the USB drive status by using the web user interface of the mediocre router.
- Thus, open the secure web browser and then enter the http://192.168.0.1 IP address into the search bar and go to the login page.
- Consequently, type the adminitration passphrase into the field and finish the login step with your user credential information.
- After that, click on the USB device icon that displays the storage status. Also, the information of the USB drive will be plugged into the port.
- If you are using Windows XP then click on the start button and then type the default IP address and hit on the OK button.
- If you are a Mac OS X user then click on the go button and then press to connect to the server. Then type smb://ip address and then connect to it.
How to enable bridge mode Hitron WiFi Router?
Well, the Hitron router allows using the third-party router and automatically disables all the capabilities of the wifi modem. Follow the steps to enable the bridge mode settings of the wifi router.
- Just open the internet browser and visit 192.168.0.1 and sign in with the username and password credential.
- Thereafter click on the basic section and choose the gateway function of the tab.
- Thus, select the gateway function of the residential and click on the disable mode.
- Now click on OK when you are redirected and it is done.
How to disable ap isolation on the Hitron router?
In this section, you will learn how you can disable the AP Isolation feature of the Hitron router. Read out the steps to get in a better way.
- Open the internet browser and then enter the Hitron router IP address.
- After that, type your credentials details and press the login button. In case, you have changed the login credentials then you need to enter the current details of your modem interface.
- On the screen, you will clearly see the details in which click on the advanced tab.
- Then visit the advanced wireless settings and search for the AP isolation tab and then uncheck the box in order to disable the AP feature.
- Now save the changed settings.
How to turn off IPv6 on the Hitron Router?
For the purpose of disabling the IPv6 settings of the Hitron router, check out the appropriate instructions of your computer system.
For Windows 7 or Vista
- Open the computer device and click on the start menu. After that click on the control panel button.
- There you need to click on the network and sharing center button.
- Now click on the change adapter settings of the Windows 7 or Vista to click on the manage network section settings.
- To disable the IPv6 settings then right-click on the connection and tap on the properties of your windows.
- Now simply untick the IPv6 and save the setting.
For Mac OS X
- After logging into the account, click on the system preferences of your Apple menu.
- After that, choose the network and then click on the Ethernet section.
- Now you need to click on the advanced button.
- To configure IPv6 settings, just click on the IP tab and then click on the off mode and press the OK button.
- Consequently, click on the wifi option and then on the advanced button.
- Lastly, save all the settings.
How to disable MAC Address filtering on the Hitron router?
Simply the MAC filtering allows you to block the traffic that comes from certain devices or machines to your wireless device. Also, the mediocre router approaches the MAC to address the client devices on the provided network connection to specify the network and also restrict or sanction the access. In order to disable the MAC filtering of the Hitron router, try out these steps.
- Just click on the firewall button and then select the advanced settings.
- Then select the MAC filtering option.
- Now just check the enable box and uncheck it to disable the MAC filtering of the router.
- Now click on the add button in which you will add the description to add the table.
- Then enter the MAC address to repeat each address for sanctioning or restricting.
- Tap on the Save button.
How to block youtube on the Hitron router?
Well, you can add the parental control settings to block youtube from your network access. The Hitron router allows you to create or manage the custom parental control so that you can bound or limit access to the internet. Thus, the setup steps of parental control are described below.
- Firstly, go towards the Admin console of the Hitron device via 192.168.0.1 in the preferred web browser.
- Consequently, complete the login of the Hitron device with your username and password.
- Afterward, click on the security and then select the device filter tab from the top menu of the parental control.
How to block IP address on the Hitron router?
Looking for the steps to block the IP address on the Hitron router then read this section as it is instructed below.
- Just walk through the administration page of the Hitron router and type your username and password details.
- Now go to the login page and then click on the access control button to enter the details of the IP address.
- Click on the box to enable access control of the internet.
- Hit on the deny button for the default filter policy and save the settings of the router.
- Now go to the setup wizard of the router in order to provide the settings.
- After that select the mode as an IP address and then compute the information of the host description and then press on the continue button.
- Once you do this then you will be blocked and cannot connect to the network of the router again, until you unblock the IP address manually.
How to update Hitron firmware?
For the firmware upgrade of the Hitron router, try out the steps that are mentioned underneath.
- In the first step, you will connect the Hitron modem to a stable wifi connection.
- After that, open the internet browser and enter the 192.168.0.1 IP address and press the enter icon.
- Therefore, complete your login credentials with relevant and correct information.
- Once you reach the setting page of the router, then click on the status menu option and tap on the left side of the page.
- After that, simply click on the system info tab and check for the firmware field to find the currently installed version of the Hitron router.
- If it is not updated yet then tap on yes and wait until the software updates completely.
- If the settings of the wifi still appear and press the log out button and close the web browser.
- You are done with the firmware of the router.
How to reset the Hitron router?
Well, there are two different methods to reset the Hitron router. You can try any of them according to your convenience.
Reset by using the Hitron router reset button
- In the very first step, find the reset button on the bottom of the Hitron router.
- Now hold or press the reset button for more than ten seconds.
- After ten seconds, let go of the reset button. Thus, the router will start with the blinking of the flashlights.
- Once the rebooting is finished then go back to the default settings and set up the router again manually.
Reset by using the web user interface
- It starts by opening the web browser and completing the credentials to log in to the router.
- After the login, click on the WAN or LAN settings and then tap on the backup option.
- Now click on the reset of the factory to reset the router.
- Once the rebooting is finished and then you will be back to the default settings of the router.
- Now the router requires to set it up again manually to connect to the network connection.
By attempting these ways of reset you can reset the Hitron router in an easy or simple way.