Let’s talk about the Netgear Genie application that allows you to manage and monitor your router’s and connected devices’ settings. If you are operating the Netgear Genie application, it shows your wifi connection status is not enabled, what does it mean? Do you want to know why the Netgear Genie Says Wifi Not Enabled?
First, make sure how your computer or device is connected to your router. If the computer or device is connected to the router through an ethernet cable, it will display in the Netgear Genie application wifi not enabled. But, in a wireless router, the internet can be connected to your device through a wifi medium. Because in the wifi router, you can connect the wifi network without any ethernet cable. But, sometimes, you face this issue in wifi routers also, and the Netgear Genie application shows wifi not enabled. The reason behind this could be that the wifi button of the router may be turned off.
What is the cause, and how can we solve the Netgear Genie Says Wifi Not Enabled issue?
In the statement mentioned above, we have discussed why wifi is not enabled in the Netgear Genie application in wired systems. Now we will discuss, If your computer or another device is connected with a wifi router, but still Netgear Genie application desktop shows wifi is not enabled. The cause behind this may be that your router’s wifi button could be turned off and, maybe your router uses obsolete firmware. That’s why the Netgear Genie Application displays this information.
To solve this issue, please, turn on the router’s wifi button for two seconds to connect with your device. You can also turn on your wifi option with the help of the router web page without pushing the wifi button of your router. There are the following steps to turn on the wifi option with the help of your device through the website page of the router :
- First of all, go to the web page of your router.
- Then, type www.routerlogin.net.
- Now, a login window opens.
- Type your router name and its password.
- Now, the home page will display and select the advanced setting
- Go to the wireless setting, and then the advanced wireless setting page will open.
- Tap on the turn on wifi option.
- Finally, click on the apply button.
Moreover, install the latest firmware software of your router that will aid in the proper working and could solve the above-mentioned issue. If still, the Netgear Genie application of your device displays that your wifi status is not enabled, so you should go through the next step that is mentioned below.
Again install the Netgear Genie Application for resolving the wifi not enabled issue
Do you want to solve the Netgear Genie Application wifi status not enabled issue? For the better performance and work of your router and connected devices.
- So, uninstall this application that already exists on your device and you should again install this Netgear Genie Application from the play store.
- Go to the play store and download it and wait till the application is not present on the desktop.
- Then, open this Netgear Genie Application and manage its setting according to your convenience.
- Now, click on the home tap and check if the wifi connection status is enabled or not enabled.
- If yet, the Netgear Genie Application’s home tap shows that your wifi is not enabled.
- So the last thing, we should reset the router.
Steps of resetting the router
If you want to reset your router, all your previous settings will be changed, and again you have to manage your router setting. But reset is the best way for all your major issues that hurdle in the path of your important work. These are the steps that are mentioned below for resetting the router.
These are the following steps to reset the router:
- First of all, find out the reset button located on the back edge of your router.
- Then, push the reset button with the help of a sharp object or pin.
- Now, wait for a few minutes to reset the router.
- After a few minutes, your router will reset.
The resetting will bring your router like a new one, and it works fast and performs its function in a better way, and the Netgear Genie will be able to show the wifi status enabled.
The above-mentioned pinpoints that we have discussed above will definitely sort out your all doubts about the Netgear Genie application wifi not enabled issue. So, carefully read these significant points to eliminate your Netgear Genie Application wifi status not enabled problem. Absolutely these tips will vanish your hurdles, and your wifi status will be enabled in the Netgear Genie application, and the Netgear Genie Says Wifi Not Enabled issue will be solved.