alsoTired of having slow speeds? Overtired of having connectivity issues? Tired of calling your internet service provider? The main problem could be your router. What’s that, you do not want to invest in a new router? Just use a WIFI extender instead. You don’t need the hassle of buying a new router. With the Netgear Nighthawk Eax80 WiFi Mesh connection, browse through the internet seamlessly. It is the top-of-the-line WIFI extender that uses mesh technology for longer range and strong connection. With the Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 connection, you can do things you couldn’t do before.
Gone are the days of slow speeds. Away are the days looking at loading screens. Gone are the days of continuously trying to network. Having issues with range? You will have no problem with range with a Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 connection. A WIFI extender is so reliable and so easy to use that it will make you wish you had bought it sooner. You can also connect this extender to your existing router and create a better and stronger network for your home. This extender can help you to connect to the WIFI from any nook and corner of your house.
- Nighthawk EAX80 WIFI Mesh Extender
- Power cord and adapter
- Netgear EAX80 manual
- Netgear EAX80 Quick start guide.
Note: The NIGHTHAWK EAX80 WIFI MESH MANUAL can also be downloaded online and is available for free.
FEATURES OF THE NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK EAX80 WIFI MESH EXTENDER
The Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 especially made up of wifi 6 technology. The WIFI 6 gives the user great speed and larger device capacity for connection. The Nighthawk uses an 8 stream WIFI Mesh system which gives four times the performance of a normal router. These 8 streams are divided into two connections.
- One being a 4 2.4GHz channel stream and the other being a 4 5GHZ channel stream. These streams improve the network quality by a huge amount and increase the network capacity. It overall increases the performance of the WIFI network enabling the user to use it to its maximum.
- The Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 wifi mesh connection uses a robust mesh network. This enables the user to get a higher range, where it fails in the case of a normal router. The main reason to use a Netgear Nighthawk Extender is that it can seamlessly connect to your pre-existing router.
- Now, the need of buying a new top-end router is not required. The inbuilt WIFI 6 technology is also capable of connecting to backward devices that do not have WIFI 6 technology. The Netgear Nighthawk setup is very easy and does not require the help of a technician. Having a USB 3.0 port sharing is now easier. You can share across your network for ease of access.
- As the Nighthawk EAX80 uses 8 stream mesh technology, there won’t be any connection drops. Meaning you can also connect to your network with ease and there will be no intrusion of network drops. It is also possible to connect from anywhere in your house. This is because of the long-range provided by the Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 connection.
- The extender is also equipped with 4-gigabit ports that give high speed to connected devices. This will allow getting faster speeds and lower latencies for gaming, streaming, or browsing. The Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 chipset is very powerful for an extender. It is a 64-bit dual-core processor which gives clock speeds up to 1.8 GHz. The Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 chipset allows for lower latencies and enables 4k gaming and streaming.
Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 wifi mesh setup AND INSTALLATION
Set your extender in the same room where your WIFI router is located. Now Connect the extender to a power supply and then make sure that there is power being applied. Once power is applied. Attach the Netgear extender to your current wifi router.
Join the Netgear EAX80 with the Existing router network
Once the Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 setup is done, you can now connect to your existing WIFI. You can connect the extender to your WIFI using three methods. Firstly, you can connect with the Nighthawk app which automatically helps in connection. Secondly, you can connect using WPS. Thirdly, you can also connect the extender to your existing network by using a browser.
CONNECTION USING NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK APP
- Install the Netgear Nighthawk app that is available on the Apple app store and Google Play store on your mobile device.
- Connect your mobile device to the WIFI network of the extender which will be shown as NETGEAR_EXT.
- Now open the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile device and also follow the instructions.
- Then app will allow you to connect the extender to your existing WIFI network.
- Disconnect the extender and move it to a new place.
- Make sure your new place is not very far from the router. Then supply power to your extender.
- Now you can connect your mobile device to the new extended WIFI.
CONNECTION VIA WPS
- The extender can be connected to your WIFI using WPS
- Just press on the WPS button which is on the extender and wait for the WPS LED to blink.
- After two minutes press the WPS button which is on your router.
- If the extender has connected successfully to your WIFI network, the LED will light up.
In the case If the LED is white, then you have a good connectionIf the LED is either amber or red, it means that the connection is bad or poor. Adjust your extender so that it is closer to your router.
- You can now unplug your router and connect it to a different location.
CONNECTION USING BROWSER
With the help of a browser, it is also possible to use the Netgear installation assistant to connect to your existing network. To use this, open a web browser on your mobile device or computer which has WIFI enabled. Connect to the extender network and then launch the browser. Now type in www.mywifiext.net and then the Netgear installation assistant will be displayed.
Follow the instructions displayed on the screen and you can also connect your extender to your WIFI, No disconnect the extender and move it to a different place. Now supply power to your extender and with the help of the LED’s make sure the connection is proper. You can also connect your computer or mobile device to the extender WIFI.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK EAX80 ACCESS POINT MODE
It is possible for the user to use the extender as an access point. The EAX80 access point mode just does that for you. This enables you to create a wifi hotspot by the means of connecting an ethernet cable. To use this mode follow the steps below
- Connect the extender to a power supply and wait for the LED to turn white.
- The extender can now be connects by a mobile device or computer by wifi or ethernet cable
- Also connect an ethernet cable to the ethernet port on your extender and computer.
- Open a web browser and type in www.mywifiext.net and then the Netgear installation assistant will be displayed
- Using an ethernet cable connect the extender to your router.
- Go back to the Netgear installation assistant and also complete the instructions displayed.
- Now your extender can be use as an access point.
NIGHTHAWK NETGEAR EAX80 WIFI MESH FIRMWARE UPDATE
The Netgear EAX80 firmware can update automatically as well as manually. There is a process to check for Netgear EAX80 firmware updates. The process is as follows:
- Open a web browser on your mobile device or computer and connect to your extender network.
- Then you have to log in to your extender using http://mywifiext/. A Netgear EAX80 login will be displayed.
- Enter the Netgear EAX80 default login username and Netgear EAX80 default password and press the login button. A status page will be displayed.
- The Netgear EAX80 default login username and Netgear EAX80 default password can be find in the Netgear EAX80 user manual.
- Also click on the menu and select for Netgear EAX80 firmware update. A firmware update page will be displayed.
- There is a check online option. Click on it and if there is a new update available, follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- This way your extender will be updated to the latest firmware.
NETGEAR EAX80 RANGE EXTENDER RESET, NETGEAR EAX80 TROUBLESHOOTING
The Netgear EAX80 range extender reset can be complete by pressing the reset button on the extender. Using a thin and sharp object like a pen or paper clip, also press the reset button on the extender. The reset button is available on the rear side of the extender. It is also possible to reset by logging in to the nighthawk extender website. The app can also use to reset your extender.
For more Netgear EAX80 troubleshooting, refer to the Netgear EAX80 user manual. The Netgear EAX80 user manual is also available in the box or can be download online from their website.
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
The Netgear EAX80 has a 1-year hardware warranty which is backed by NETGEAR. The warranty can be extend by buying subscriptions.
For support, the Netgear EAX80 also comes with a 90-day technical support for fast resolution of Netgear EAX80 issues.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK EAX80 EXTENDER REVIEW
This extender is a must-buy to those who do not want to invest in new routers. The Netgear Nighthawk setup is easy and also very simple. I do not have a lot of knowledge on things like this and I was also able to set it up. After looking at many Netgear EAX80 reviews, I thought of trying it. Now all parts of my house have an internet connection.
Thanks to its long-range and faster connection, I have no issues with streaming and browsing. My son has zero interruptions while gaming with the help of those gigabit ports. Overall, I would rate this a 9.5 out of 10. Very user-friendly and no need for a professional. It also connected to my 3-year-old router which I thought wouldn’t connect.
Can I reset my Netgear EAX80 with the reset button?
Ans. You can easily reset your Netgear extender with the reset button, for this pressing the reset button on the extender for a few seconds.
How do I access my EAX80 settings?
Ans. To access your EAX80 setting, you can download the Nighthawk ap or you can also log in to your extender via a browser and change settings.
How do I connect the Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 extender with the router?
Ans. You can connect your Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 extender to you’re a=router either by connecting an ethernet cable or by using WIFI through the Nighthawk app.
How to connect Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 extender with Alexa?
Ans. It is not possible to connect the Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 extender to Alexa.
How to factory reset Netgear EAX80?
Ans. Using a paperclip or pen, click on the reset button on the extender for seven seconds before releasing. After release, it will take a while for the extender to reboot. Once your device is automatically rebooted and then your extender has been reset to factory settings.
How do I use WPS on my Netgear Nighthawk EAX80?
Ans. To use WPS on your extender, click on the WPS button on your extender and wait for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, also press the WPS button on your router. Now the extender is connects via WPS.
How do I recover my EAX80 username and password?
Ans. To recover your username and password, click on the Username and Password Help on the login window and also answer the security question displayed.
How do I update firmware on the EAX80?
Ans. The firmware update can be done manually. By logging in to your extender and selecting Netgear EAX80 firmware update, you can also update to the latest firmware.
How do I extend my warranty on the Nighthawk EAX80?
Ans. The warranty can be extended by purchasing a subscription at the time of buying or when the warranty is near to expire.
Is it possible to use the Nighthawk EAX80 to a route using WIFI 4 technology?
Ans. Yes, it is also possible to use the extender if your router is running on WIFI 4. The extender is WIFI backward compatible.