Are you looking for a way to find a Windows 10 product key? Well, you can simply find it by typing a quick command into the command prompt. If the Windows 10 product key is unable to be accessed or lost, then you need not worry about it. We have some basic and simple tricks that help you to find out the product key of the Windows 10 device. On the contrary, it is a usual question for every Microsoft user that how to find a windows 10 product key. There is very little effort by Microsoft to make the Windows 10 licensing convenient.
In other words, the product key is a predominant asset and you need to have it for being a Windows user. In the earlier days, the product key for a Windows device was very important. As a user, you need to install or uninstall windows every time. Also, in the earlier days, the way to install or find out the product key was very easy. You can use it to clean the windows and in some cases, you don’t require it at all. If you are one of them from how to find a windows 10 product key then here is everything that you need to know.
What is the need for the Windows 10 product key?
Before finding out the way to install the product key for windows 10, you should have information about the need for the product key in window 10. So, it is no longer required to have the window 10 product key to be installed on the operating system of your computer device. You can simply add the product key during the installation process.
- It is important to activate the copy on Windows 10.
- You can also get access to unrestricted features of the window 10 operating system.
- In other words, it is possible not to activate the copy of the product but if you do so then unfortunately you’ll miss out on the crucial updates and number of features.
- Thus, it will also remind you that you have not activated the product key of window 10.
Methods to find out the product key on windows 10
Be you start, we need to inform you that the success of these different methods largely depends on how your computer device was activated. Sometimes the user activates the window 10 product key by upgrading their window 7 or 8 or sometimes with their recent purchase with PC. Well, you can easily find the product key with the help of the below-mentioned methods. But if your computer was activated as a part of the licensing agreement then finding a product key for window 10 is a little complicated.
Method 1: With the use of the command prompt
The use of the command prompt is the most used and one of the direct methods to find out the product key of the window.
- You need to type “cmd” into the search box of the Windows 10 PC.
- Then right-click on the command button.
- After that, click on the option of “run as administrator” in the context menu.
- Lastly, enter this command at the prompt.
- Thus, the window screen will display the current windows 10 product key.
Method 2: Using the Powershell
It is advised to use Powershell only when the downloading process is similar.
- Firstly, right-click on the start menu.
- After that, click on the window Powershell which is the admin panel of the device.
- Select these settings from the context menu.
- After that, type this Powershell command at the prompt and it will help you to reveal the product key of the window.
Method 3: Through the Registry File
It might be surprising for you that the product key is stored in the window 10 registry file. It could be easier to find the product key when you know the correct product key.
- Enter “Regedit” into the search bar of the Windows 10 PC.
- After that, click on the appropriate item to check the result.
- Now you can select from the displayed results and navigate the key towards
- After doing so, a clear picture of the backup default product key will display on tour window 10 desktop screen.
- The displayed information will reveal valid information about Windows 10 product keys.
Read out these helpful methods to find out the product key of windows 10. Thus, there are only a few things that are required for your window 10 product key, but still, it is the most crucial thing you should have. Luckily, if you already own a physical key and then lose it, then still you are not out of luck. You can also use the drive into the computer and then check what is the product key. Moreover, you can transfer the product key to a new window by cleaning the installation process of the product key into window 10.