Would you like to know why you use the Orbi Voice RBS40V Mesh WiFi Extender? It is the latest generation extender that is installed simply. Moreover, the overall work performance of the AC2200 Voice & Mesh WiFi Extender (RBS40V-200) is too great. You can establish the Mesh WiFi Extender in your home anyplace. Through the Orbi voice manual, you could easily set it up, configure the settings by the user interface and Orbi app. All the pertinent instructions about the device get it from its user manual guide. It is a compatible wireless range extender that works with any standard wi-fi router, gateway, and access point.
The Orbi Voice smart speaker RBS40V is an ingenious system that works as an all-in-one WiFi satellite and smart speaker. It is built-in with Amazon Alexa and you can control its working with the NETGEAR Orbi app. Apart from this, it is an incredible smart voice speaker that combines an incredible sound seeker and high WiFi performance extender. Amazon Alexa helps you to control your whole home with a voice assistant. It develops the existing signal in your whole home, which means there are no more dead zones left in your home. The RBS40V WiFi mesh extender additionally adds 2000 sq.ft. of network coverage into your host WiFi.
How does the Netgear Orbi RBS40V Range Extender work?
The Orbi AC2200 Voice & Mesh WiFi Extender works with the Orbi WiFi system and satellites. It amplifies the existing signal through audio by Harman Kardon and is incredibly rich. It has tri-band technology. After setting up a single network name you can extend its signal range into your whole home without losing the connectivity and interruption. Before using the device you must read all pertinent instructions from its manual. The Orbi voice(RBS40V) manual is included in the packaging box. Let’s remove the package and take it from the Netgear Orbi RBS40V accessories.
It brings in their packaging box the following accessories; it is such as:
- (i) One (1) Orbi Voice Satellite (RBS40V)
- (ii) One (1) 19V/3.16A power adapter
- (iii) Quick Start Guide (RBS40V manual), etc.
What’s Orbi RBS40V contain on their panel?
- Sync button (also used for WPS connection)
- Reset button
- Microphone On/Off button
- Ethernet ports
- Ring LED
- Speaker On/Off button
- Power On/Off button and Power LED
- Alexa trigger button
- Volume control slider
- Power connector
Steps for the Orbi Voice RBS40V Mesh WiFi Extender Installation
Natively, you could set it up to your voice extender with the Orbi wifi system and not the Orbi router. There is an exclusive guide for the Orbi Voice Setup. It is demonstrated below.
(i) Orbi Voice RBS40V Mesh WiFi Extender Setup with not Orbi Router
Here are the following points for the Orbi AC2200 Voice & Mesh WiFi Extender Setup; it follows:
Steps for the Orbi Voice RBS40V Extender installation
- Place the Orbi voice extender halfway to the router.
- Plug it in and turn on Orbi voice power.
- Connect the wireless extender to your internet router to broadcast it.
- You can pair the wireless extender with your router using the sync button or you should connect it with a wired connection.
Steps for the Netgear Orbi Voice RBS40V Login
- First, Download the Nighthawk app or access the Orbi voice admin page at https://www.netgear.com.
- You will access the Netgear Orbi RBS40V admin page.
- Enter the Orbi Voice username and admin password.
- Finally, finish the Orbi RBS40V Mesh WiFi Extender login procedure.
- After this, launch the Nighthawk app to add Amazon Alexa and connect the Orbi Voice to your internet router.
Steps for the Netgear Orbi RBS40V Setup
- Make sure the Orbi Voice smart speaker and extender are added successfully.
- As a default, you will be set to the Orbi voice extender mode.
(Note: The Orbi RBS40V extender mode permits you to connect the Orbi Voice smart device with not the Orbi router. Moreover, tap on Range Extender from the list while you set it up.)
What do the Orbi Voice’s Ring LED lights show?
Essentially, after the Orbi voice setup with your extender, the following ring light will be illuminated to show its working status.
- Orbi Voice White ring means: Your Orbi voice seeks to connect your router to the internet.
- Orbi Voice Blue, amber, or magenta shows: It shows the connection between your router and AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender.
(i) Netgear Orbi Voice RBS40V Blue ring: It shows a Good connection. This light will flash for three seconds and then turn off spontaneously.
(ii) Orbi Voice Amber: That means a fair connection between your router and extender. To consider a good internet connection, you will move ahead with the extender of your router.
(iii) Orbi RBS40V Magenta: It will flash when the connection fails. To get rid of the issue you will keep your router’s extender close to the router.
- If the Orbi Voice Off means the connection to your router with the extender is successfully done.
How do I add the Orbi RBS40V Amazon Alexa using the Nighthawk app?
There are the following steps to add Alexa Voice Assistant abilities between your AC2200 Voice & Mesh WiFi Extender. First, you have to create an Amazon account.
- First of all, I found the Nighthawk app.
- After a while, the home page screen will display on your Android phone.
- Now, you have to tap on the Create Amazon Alexa account.
- Enter the correct info into the credentials box and go ahead.
- Now, you have to click on the Orbi voice volume control and please wait.
- It is now available on Amazon Alexa.
- If it manifests as Amazon Alexa not connected via the message. Then, you will connect it again and control your Orbi smart voice speaker with Amazon alexa.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and save them.
(ii) Orbi Voice RBS40V Setup with Orbi router
Here are the following steps for the Orbi RBS40V Voice or Mesh WiFi Extender Setup with the Netgear Orbi system.
- The Orbi router works impeccably with your Orbi voice.
- First of all, visit Orbi-app.com to download on your mobile phone the NETGEAR Orbi app.
- Make sure your Orbi voice is placed at a proper distance from your router.
- After this, launch the app and you will switch the extender mode into Orbi mode.
- Now, you should have to add the satellite through the Orbi app.
- Follow the on-screen manifesting instructions and sync your Orbi voice to connect it with your router or Amazon Alexa.
- Now, you verify the signal lights, make sure it is blue.
How do I connect Orbi voice with Amazon Alexa to Streaming Audio Services?
You can listen to music, news, and play something else with the Streaming audio services. You can operate the stream of all the pertinent services using the Orbi Voice. It will have to connect the Netgear Orbi voice RBS40V with Amazon Alexa to Streaming Audio Services. THe Amazon Alexa app helps you to connect it with the voice command assistant.
Use Netgear Orbi RBS40 satellite to Hear Out Loud With Spotify Connect
Here are the following steps to listen loudly with the Spotify software by using the Orbi RBS40V.
- Make sure your Orbi voice is connected to the internet connection.
- Launch a Spotify app and connect it with the Orbi voice smart speaker.
- Now, you can click on the play button and choose available devices.
- After this, begin to listen to a sound with Spotify.
Customize and manage the Orbi Voice RBS40V settings
Here are the following steps for the Orbi RBS40V WiFi mesh extender configuration.
- Setting for the Orbi voice volume control: Tap on the Orbi voice setup wizard. Then, click on the voice controls and change the voice settings accordingly.
- Update the Netgear Orbi RBS40 firmware: Launch a browser and access the login page with orbilogin.com. Enter the admin username or password on the admin page. Then, I found the latest Orbi voice RBS40V firmware version. Visit in ADVANCED > Administration > Firmware Update. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the process.
- You can also reset the Orbi RBS40V factory default settings through its settings section.
- After this, check the network status and other info regarding the device through its settings.
- In the end, save all.
Orbi Voice RBS40V Mesh WiFi Extender Troubleshooting tricks
To get rid of Orbi Voice RBS40V Mesh Wifi Extender issues, you will follow the below demonstrated troubleshooting guide.
- If the Solid red light on the Orbi satellite. Then, you move your extender to the nearest router. Turn on its power again and check the ring light status again.
- In the case, if the Orbi is not detecting satellites then you will check your internet connection. Make sure it works. If it’s not work correctly then you should have to connect it again.
- When the Netgear Orbi Rbs40v not working and not connecting to your router. In this case, you directly resolve it by resetting the factory default settings. Hold the WPS/Reset button with the WPS pin Orbi voice. Please wait, it is resetting now.
- You will update the Orbi RBS40V firmware to get rid of Orbi solid magenta no internet. It may resolve the issue after updating it.
- The Amazon Alexa not working with Orbi Voice RBS40V Extender. Just try to solve it by reconnecting your device with the internet. Either you should reinstall the Amazon Alexa app.
Thus, the following Orbi troubleshooting (RBS40V-200) points to resolving the occurring issue.
Netgear Orbi RBS40 wifi range extender Review
The Orbi AC2200 Voice & Mesh WiFi Extender allows you to extend your home’s existing signal easily. It is made up of a smart voice control speaker. Through the voice control speaker, you can listen, play, news, music, etc. Apart from this, the Orbi RBS40V review is actually too great in comparison to other devices. Because, it is made up of two qualities, one is the smart voice control speaker, and another is the Mesh WiFi Extender. You can easily extend the internet with this smart wireless extender. It gives you high-performance wifi in your home at each edge without losing the internet connection. In addition, if you would like to buy it then check its review including its price and warranty details through Amazon.
Orbi RBS40 specs
There are the following including Orbi voice AC2200 Mesh WiFi Extender specifications; it is as follows:
- Orbi voice Brand: NETGEAR
- Item model number: RBS40V-200NAS
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Orbi voice Dimensions: 4.9 x 6.5 x 8.6 inches
- Size LxWxH: 4.9 x 6.5 x 8.6 inches
- Color Available only: White
- Power consumption & Voltage: 100240 Volts
- Manufacturer: Netgear
- ASIN: B07 BJP Z3
- Is Orbi Voice Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Orbi voice Date First Available: July 15, 2019
- NETGEAR Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Mesh Extender Price: $189.99