The Vilo Mesh Wi-Fi System is manufactured by the “Vilo Living” company based in China. The product (Item Model Number – VLWF01) got launched recently in June this year with a “White” colour variant in stock. The device sells for around 69 US Dollars and can be purchased via www.amazon.com (ASIN – B09252352F) for the pack of 3, the pack of 1 sells for half the price. The seller is giving out a warranty of 1 Year (extendable) on internal damage to the product.
The router received worldwide comments and reviews on the buying link, and they have also rated it with 4 stars out of 5. In such a short time, more than 300 people have shared their thoughts and many more have purchased them. This being the reason the Whole Home & Mesh Wi-Fi Systems Department has granted the Vilo has a rank of #53 globally. Anyhow to know more about the gadget visit their official website www.viloliving.com.
Structural description of Dual-band Vilo mesh router.
The whole Wi-Fi system weighs around 2.57 pounds and consists of a dimension setup of 2.7 * 2.7 * 5.9 inches. The brand “VILO” with the logo is printed on top and the start button is given on the frontal side of each router. The body panel is made up of cheap quality plastic which also includes ports at the back and a vent system at the bottom for hot air ventilation. Both the front and the back have an LED light system that blinks “Blue”, “Amber” and “Red” as a reaction to the ON/OFF or reset function.
The backside has several ports such as LAN 1, LAN 2, WAN/LAN and power. Overall, the bottle-shaped AC1200 router set should be placed carefully as the grip below the device is slippery and if it falls from its placement area, can lead to full breakage of the system. Visit the contact us section at the Vilo site and have a chat with the customer service, if you wish to know anything else about the gadget.
Unboxing the AC1200 Vilo Living mesh Wi-Fi system.
Shipping the product to a different country requires an extra charge for the import and tax charges. Although the shipment delivers for free in the US, the warehouse facility is less and it will take almost 16 days to reach your pinned location. The white, orange box comes in a well tight packaging directly from the company. Open up the box and take out the 3 power adapters (Normal charging – 12V) kept in separate small boxes.
1 Ethernet cable and 1 quick start-up guide are also given inside for creating a connection. 3 Vilo mesh systems are kept underneath all these in one big box. Do keep the bill safe online/offline, as that is the only way to claim a warranty on the item. Nonetheless, to grab more details on the delivery and service, call the technical department agent and speak with the person. The number is shared in both the manual and the support section of the Vilo website.
Features of Vilo VLWF01 Wi-Fi router.
- The device is completely app-controlled and contains all the answers to your questions. The app helps you configure the device in every way possible and eases the job for the user. Control and customize your home Wi-Fi system from anywhere outside your house. Create guest network access and shut down the server wherever you want or set a timer. Parental controls are quite the extra, block unwanted sites that you don’t want your kids to visit or turn off-net during sleep time.
- The Vilo mesh system uses a Wi-Fi standard IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac and supports a dual-band frequency (both 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz).
- The WPA2-PSK security protocol supports the system from getting hacked from any angle. The 4 internal antennas come with the enhanced technology of MU-MIMO and Beamforming.
- The Internet speed reaches up to 300 Mbps max on 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps max on 5 GHz. All thanks to the 999 MHz MIPS processor, 128 MB RAM and 16 MB NOR flash. The latest proactive band steering only lets 8.0 above systems control the Vilo router through the app.
- The mesh router can be easily set up and activated, the device lets more than 120 smart gadgets connect with the Wi-Fi. Smart devices such as TVs, smartphones, laptops, garage doors, etc. can all connect to the server at the same time. Clear all dead zones in the house by getting this device as the Vilo has a ground coverage of 4500 square feet. This coverage can also be expanded by an addition of an extra repeater.
Installing the App managed Vilo Mesh Wi-Fi router.
- Firstly, in order to setup vilo mesh wifi router, download and install the Vilo app on your smartphone, the latest app is available on both Android and IOS devices. After doing that, create an account using your active login credentials (Email ID & password). Provide any router with a stable power source close to the modem, attach the ethernet cable on the LAN port and push the power button. Visit the Vilo Living YouTube channel for live instructions.
- Solid amber colour will be displayed on the device indicating the activeness of the device. To directly connect to the router, click on “Add Device” and scan the QR code given below the mesh system. To physically do the same, click on “Manually Connect to Wi-Fi” and redirect to your home network setting. Connect to the Vilo network by typing in the password correctly and you will be on your way.
- Once you are in, your can personalize your routers name and password from the mainframe. The blue LED light blinks on a successful connection establishment, now you can access the web on your system. To add another device from the same set of Vilo routers, plug them in with a power source and click on “Add Another Device”. The same brand devices will automatically sync with the network after you push the ON/OFF button. Set them in a new location, once you are done activating them.
FAQS and Troubleshooting.
Reasons to buy the Vilo Living VLWF01 router.
- This set of routers are the most affordable mesh Wi-Fi- system available in the market. You get a pack of 3 at such a low price, which includes more features than a regular router.
- Maybe the company is new, but they have established and made their name quite high in recent days. The sales and reviews are proof of the transparency they are showing towards the customer, regarding any trouble.
- The Dual-band system makes a job easier and even more buyable for the customers who are reluctant towards their random choices. All in all, a great deal at a great price including great service.
- Quick features such as superfast network speed, parent controls, a new-gen safety system, ram and processor stabilization and extra expandable ground coverage suffice the user’s needs.
How to update firmware on the Vilo App?
To update the software on the app, you just have to make sure that your smart device stays connected to the Internet all the time. If it does, then the app robotically updates itself during non-usage hours. Well, you can personally look into that as well, by visiting the about section of the app and checking on the recent version of it. An upgrade option will be displayed on the screen, tap that and the app will install the latest version and restart itself. Note: Security patches are pushed by the company once after 5 months.
How to reset or restart the Vilo mesh router?
To restart the device, simply plug out the device from its PowerPoint or tap on the power ON/OFF button once. The device will resume working once the power is back on, an amber or blue light will indicate the following. On the other hand, to do a complete factory reset press the power button and hold it for 5 seconds. The reset indicator will blink a red light once and the Vilo will fall back to its default settings (Avoid holding for too long). You have to configure and customize your settings freshly as your previous personalization is erased from the server. Log in newly from the beginning and connect to the network again.
Vilo router-modem connectivity issues?
The Vilo can also be used even if there isn’t a modem available at your house. The ISP that provides you with the web service delivers an Ethernet cable at your home for LAN connection. Insert it directly into the router in the WAN port and start using the Internet once you have configured it. The Vilo lacks the bridge mode, so try and use a Double NAT system to connect an extender or repeater of the existing brand.
QR code scanning problems on the Vilo system?
Many times due to camera or user fault the Vilo won’t accept the scan onto the system. The QR stays at the bottom of the device, hold the camera still while you grab the picture. The default camera scan is taken by the back so don’t change it to the front one. The process of the scan takes a bit of time while connecting the device, so don’t rush it. Moreover, if this process is hampered many times, try using the manual mode. Type in the Wi-Fi password correctly given below the QR code.
Ethernet cable connection problem for the Vilo mesh system?
Every Vilo acts as a router and an extender, there is nothing as a main router and repeaters as such. Same ports and power functionality is being given on the Vilo system. Now, if someone wants to connect the mesh system with only Ethernet cables (Ethernet backhaul system), they can do that. All they need to do is get a pair of extra Ethernet cables for the LAN connection. Once the main Vilo is connected and fit, connect the first Sub-Vilo by attaching the yellow cables (LAN 2 – LAN 1). Repeat the same between Sub-Vilo 1 and Sub-Vilo 2. In this way, they are all interconnected and will be able to deliver web service at several points. Doing this doesn’t require any other connection wirelessly, each act as a separate router itself.
App functionality issue on the Vilo Living?
As the app is recently launched, many users have been complaining about the issue that the app suddenly stops working or gets frozen for some time. This happens due to many reasons, such as people might not have been using the latest version. The beta version was the first since launch, but after that, the company pushed an update for the newest Android and IOS phones. It cleared and fixed all the bugs and virus hacking troubles from the system. Please ensure that you are using the correct and the latest app, download it from the official website itself to get the original one. To solve the frozen problem, exit the app and remove it from your recent apps. Open it freshly from the start and it will work fine, also a restart of your mobile can help too.
Is Internet speed slowing down the issue?
Due to much traffic near your congested home location, the Vilo speed lessens with time. Ask your ISP to charge a higher pack if you are a daily user in such a case. This is not the router’s problem actually, many web servers crash at the same place due to which this issue is observed. No matter if you buy a bigger brand router or extender with lots of antennas the problem will arise if your locality has multiple users.
in case of very low speed, you can always restart the system after providing it with a bit of rest, this generally boosts the performance of the Vilo system. This extends the Wi-Fi life and enhances a bit of speed as well. To optimize the Vilo system visit the “System Dashboard” window and go to the “Wi-Fi Interference” tab. Tap on “Optimize Wi-Fi” and you will be able to customize the required settings on your own.
How to find a Wi-Fi account password on the Vilo server?
The Wi-Fi password is printed on every Vilo’s bottom side below the QR code. Well, you can also visit the “Wi-Fi Settings” window on the Vilo app and you can view your password in the “Security” section. If you have customized that, the latest password will also show there. (Note: Your password should be according to systems choice, which should include 8 characters, numbers, upper-lower case letters). Following this format, your password will be strong, not easily hacked and even accepted by the system.
How to reset the Wi-Fi password on the Vilo Living app?
To reset the password from the outside, tap on “Forget Password” and give in the active email ID that you have used at the time of sign in. Type in the verification code correctly that is being sent on your ID into the app and get a chance to re-create your new password again. But, if you are logged in already, visit the “My Account” window and go to the “Change Password” tab. Click on reset password and follow the steps accordingly.
Parental control feature problems on the Vilo?
The activate the parental control, keep in mind to write down the site name or address in a correct format. Mistakes such as spaces or special characters are to be avoided while entering the desired requirements. Now, sometimes those specific sites are browsed or accessed on the mobile, even after blocking them. To stop that from happening, clear the browsing history and data for all times, clear bookmarks as well. Doing this in every browser stops you from accessing the site completely in every way.
Review of Vilo extender replacement.
In the era of a pricy market, people are always in search of a reliable product that is less in price and provides an elite performance according to the user’s needs. Anyhow, every time this may not be possible, but this time you are lucky because today I will be introducing the Vilo Dual-Band Wi-Fi Mesh System. The whole pack comes with 3 pieces of routers, along with separate chargers and cables. The Vilo provides a data transfer rate of 1.2 Gigabits Per Second, which is displayable in the system dashboard.
You can view the several devices that are connected on the app, manage various sites on parental control mode, see the daily usage report and provide guest access. With so many features and qualities that includes in one system, the latest gen Vilo is much loved across the countries. Well, if you are thinking to buy something else, see TP-Link Deco M3, S4, M5, P9, Asus ZenWiFi XT82PK, Amazon eero, Google WiFi AC1200, Tenda Nova MW6, etc. as quick alternatives.