If you have recently purchased a Qlocom wifi extender or planning to buy one then in this article we will help you with its setup, troubleshooting and review. This booster is a flawless 1200Mbps wifi extender which happens to be a dual-band with 5GHz & 2.4Ghz bandwidth connection. After Qlocom setup you will be able to connect your phone, computer, alexa, ring, etc device to the extender.
Without further adieu lets get it started-
Qlocom AC1200 WiFi Range extender Installation Guide
Here are the steps given below for the Qlocom AC1200 WiFi Range extender signal booster installation.
- First, unbox the Qlocom 1200Mbps WiFi Extender Booster.
- Place the AC1200 ext in the middle of between your wifi router and wifi dead zone, or at location where you want to boost your existing wifi.
- Plug it directly into the power plug and toggle the power button to turn it on.
- Wait until the power Led signal lits and gets stable.
(Note: If you place this booster too near the router, then the signals might not reach the dead zones. On the other hand, if you place this wifi extender too far away from the router, then it will not be able to receive the signal from your original wifi router. So, it is recommended to place it halfway between router and wifi dead zone.)
Qlocom wifi extender setup
- First of all, go into the wifi settings on your mobile phone.
- Tap on the Qlocom wifi extender SSID (it may be given as “Qlocom-2Ghz” or “Qlocom-5Ghz”).
- After it connects it will directly move you to its Qlocom ac1200 extender setup wizard. In case the setup wizard doesn’t come up automatically then follow the next step.
- Launch the web browser and In th address bar, type the Qlocom extender default ip address, that is 192.168.10.1.
- If asked for username and password type “admin” in both the fields.
- Next, you need to select your existing wifi router name from the list of all the available networks.
- You will need to type your original router’s wifi password for confirmation in this step.
- If you want to set a separate wifi username and password for the Qlocom extender, then just click on the change Qlocom wifi extender SSID and Password in the next step.
- In the end, you need to click on the save option to finish the booster setup process.
Qlocom AC1200 wifi extender booster Troubleshooting
We all can face unimaginable issues while using our wifi devices. So, in case you are having “no Internet” or “no wifi” on this extender then follow the given below stps-
- The Qlocom wifi extender not working due to a power surge and out-of-power issue. To fix the issue, connect it to another power plug.
- When your extender says “no internet” or “no wifi” then make sure you are having internet on your router. If “yes” then reset the ext and set it up again. In order to reset it place the paper clip in the reset hole for 10 secs while the extender is plugged in to the wall. Click here to watch youtube video.
- The wireless signal booster keeps disconnecting and provides an unstable wifi connection, when you place the extender too far and close to the router. To get rid of this issue, kindly place it again in the mid-way of your router and the location where you need wifi.
- Apart from this, if 192.168.10.1 is not working, then it means your device is not connected with a ext wifi network. To troubleshoot the issue, simply reset your Qlocom wifi extender. After this, connect your phone again with the 2.4Ghz band again.
- To fix the Qlocom ac1200 Led lights not blinking after reset, it means your firmware version will be outdated. You will update the Qlocom ac1200 extender firmware with the latest version and solve the causing issue.
How to reset this extender?
You can locate the reset button on your wifi signal booster to reset to factory settings. Press and hold it for three to five seconds with a pin. After this, remove a pin and you will see a blinking light on it. Within 60 secs it will power cycle itself. You can now connect its wifi network again.
How to do its firmware update?
You can Qlocom ac1200 wifi extender update firmware version with your mobile phone. Launch a web browser and access the extender web admin page. After this, enter its login credentials. Then, click on the setup wizard and choose the system update option to update the firmware with its latest version.
Qlocom AC1200 WiFi Range extender Review
This wifi extender booster is the latest generation whole home wifi system and signal booster. Its main job is to extend the existing wifi connection. It covers all the dead zones with the range of 1500sqft. You can access its wifi connection anywhere in your home.
With its fast speeds you can use it to receive text messages, Email, explore any content on the web, etc. Additionally from this, the 5Ghz band wifi connection is useful for streaming, gaming, and watching online movies.
Amazon review as per customers is good. They give it 39 ratings with 3.5 out of 5 stars. The overall work performance to boost the wifi is very amazing and good.
I have used many wifi extender in my testing and review but it’s setup has been easiest. You can complete the Qlocom AC1200 setup process just on a phone or laptop.
So, if you would like wifi ext that works in your home, office, balcony, garden, barn, living room, bathroom, gallery, bedroom, kitchen, etc. I highly recommend this product. We have provided its specs down below for more clarity on this product.
Qlocom Whole home WiFi System Specs
Following are the Qlocom AC1200 wifi extender booster specifications.
- Wireless Type
- Data transfer rate
- 1200 Megabits Per Second
- Compatible devices
- Package Dimensions
- 21 x 9.9 x 6.7 cm; 220 Grams
- Item Weight
- 220 g
- Qlocom AC1200 Release date
- 11 Nov. 2021
- Best Sellers Rank
- 95,207 in Computers & Accessories (See Top 100 in Computers & Accessories)
- 362 in Network Repeaters
- Customer Reviews
- 3.5 out of 5 stars
- Support Dual-band
- Dual Band 5GHz & 2.4GHz Wireless Signal Booster/Hotspot
- Ethernet port
- 1 Ethernet Port
How to connect Ring to Alexa?