The Genie ALKT1-R Aladdin Connect smart home controllers are the most used product for those who want to monitor the house and it is mainly used at the entry point of homes. It is the ultimate device for the convenience of the users and gives them power over their house. The homeowners can have access to their garages and they can operate from their smartphones. In addition, if someone opens your garage or closes, it will give you an alert.
It comes with a sensor that is attached to the garage door that works as a motion detector. Its untold features are now, even more, smarter than before, which introduces its virtual key, time set for door closing and you can give permanent or temporary access to your friends and family.
For that, you have to give them their own access code or you can simply open the door when a visitor arrives as its smart device notifies you of the arrival of the visitor.
Tested features of Genie ALKT1-R
WiFi Enabled Garage door
The Aladdin Connect smart home controller provides you the facility to open and close the garage door itself, you can easily monitor via smart devices from anywhere. You have access all over your house and garage and you can schedule the time to open and close the door at your convenience.
Easy to install
The Aladdin Connect smart home controller is easy to install, you can upgrade the door opener of your garage with the help of an Aladdin connect screwdriver in just a few minutes.
It comes with the sensor attached technology that connects with the door’s position and monitors all the activities. When the door opens or closes, it instantly gives you an alert on your smartphone.
You can monitor all the activities with the help of the Genie Aladdin Connect smartphone app that enables you the connectivity to monitor your house from anywhere in the world. It automatically gives you an alert when any visitor arrives. The notification function keeps the historical record to the last around hundred open or close operations. It is also compatible with the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
The Genie Aladdin smart devices allow you to provide at least nineteen virtual keys to your friends, family, relatives, service repair workers, or anyone which you want to give access to your house. You can also schedule or manage the timing of the door by accessing the open/close function.
Compatible for home apps for home control system
The Genie Aladdin smart device is compatible with the home control system with the help of home apps. When you connect this device with the device that helps you to open or close the garage door with the help of Google Assistant or Alexa with your voice only and you can also link multiple devices together to operate in the smartphone.
Genie ALKT1-R Aladdin Installation Steps
The Genie ALKT1-R installation steps are :
After purchasing the Genie Aladdin smart device the first step towards installation is unboxing. Unbox your Genie Aladdin smart device, and you will get your Aladdin connect with the manual. With the help of a manual, you can see or read the basic steps.
- After unboxing, you will find an Aladdin connecter or device that is used for the monitorization in the garage and they give you the wire to connect your Aladdin garage opener and a tilt sensor that help you to know the monitor the activities in the garage and nails, that helps you to staple the cable and a bracket to hook up the Aladdin connect and the installation manual.
- Now, the physical installation for the Aladdin connect controller provides you the sensor which can monitor at least three doors and you have to purchase additional position sensors for each and attach one end of the wire with the other by first stripping off the insulation and put these wires in the connectors
- You don’t need any required tool for the setup of the device. Then unplug the garage door opener and then remove the plastic cover from the device to expose the connectors on the garage and then attach the bracket for the vertical support.
- Then plug that in the power brick and attach it to the controller.
- Finally, attach the controller on the bracket and routing the wires in the back of the channels on the back of the controller, and then secure the wires.
- Attach the wires in the red two terminals on the back of the opener.
- Now attach the position of the sensors on the top of the panel of your garage. For the support of the device, use double side tape and press the bracket on it.
- At last, put the light cover on and plugged in the opener and it really works well with the app. Just press the button on the dashboard the controller makes noise and starts flashing the light as a warning and you will get the notification on your smartphone when the door opens and by whom.
Congrats! You have successfully installed the Genie ALKT1-R connect smart device and in case you got stuck at any point, take the help from the manual or you can the Genie Aladdin smart expert team via mail or chat.
Manual Help | Genie Aladdin
The Genie ALKT1-R manual guides the Genie ALKT1-R connect smart device users and gives them the instructions for the configuration and the installation of the device. It is a quick setup guide for the users in which every small step is explained for the setup of the Aladdin connect. It also gives you the instruction and warnings along with the guidance. The manual covers all the basic steps of installation. The first step is to determine the location in which you have to find a perfect location for your Aladin connect and after that check the WiFi coverage and then download the app and then the connectivity and after that power the device and then mount the DPS module for the garage door and the last step is to check the programming of the app.
Aladdin Connect Smart Garage Door Controller Setup through Mobile App
Aladdin Connect Smart Garage Door Controller device setup or login Genie ALKT1-R through the mobile app. The app is freely available on the Google play store as well as the App Store. The steps we are going through to download the app and setting up the device are as follows:
- Download the Aladdin connect app or you can open the quick set up guide and scan the QR code and scan it with your mobile camera
- Set up an account and this includes your contact info, personal insecurity questions, and verification emails.
- After downloading the app, you are asked to begin the setup process by creating your account by creating your username and create a strong password as well.
- Please read the terms and conditions and then press continue.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your account on the app. You can also see the door open and close history and by whom.
Troubleshooting Tips for Aladdin Connect Users
Here are some troubleshooting tips for Genie ALKT1-R users.
What’s the issue with my Genie garage door is not working properly?
This happens when the sensors are dirty or may have loose wires or a blocked path, poor connection. The remote system will not work when the garage door is closed. To resolve this problem re-plug the unit by unplugging it first from the power outlet.
How to reset the wall-mounted garage door opener?
To reset the wall-mounted garage door opener hold the button of the garage door opener until the LED light goes out and again do this process until the LED light goes out.
How to operate Genie app Opener efficiently?
Turn off the lock and check the power for the powerhead plugged in and then plug a lamp for the power source to check the breakage and then press the OK button.
What does the red light indicate Genie ALKT1-R connect?
It shows that the programming of the device is incomplete. Complete the required programming from the manual guide for the device by adding a wireless device.
What does happen when the door starts going down and the door remains open or stops before it is closed?
First of all, check the contact reserve. You can also take help from the manual and for that open section 6 in the manual guide and after that check the garage door and replace or repair the garage door opener wires if the wires are damaged and then go for close the settings.
Review of Genie Aladdin Connect Garage Controller
In my point of view, Genie ALKT1-R review is Just Wow, works perfectly This product is just wow, work so efficiently. This is what I was looking my garage. It is easy to install, does not need any required tools. The door sensor pairing was also outstanding and the security advantage of this Aladdin Genie Garage connecter understands that how to ensure security and it requires two PINs which you can ignore or choose later. The app requires at least 24 hours to connect to the server and once the configuration step was completed, I was able to set up the software system within minutes. Overall, this is a good product and a worthwhile venture.
Q1: Why does the green light blinking of my Aladdin device and do I resolve this problem?
A1: The green light shows that you didn’t have completed the limit programming step. To stop blinking the green light complete the programming step and then check the obstacle going down of the safe T-Beam sensor that will help you to set up the doorway. The next step is to check for the door opening obstacle going up or down. And then set the garage door opener limits and reprogram the limits.
You can take help from the manual and this information is available in section 6 in the owner’s manual.
Q2: How does the Aladdin connect device activates?
A2: To activate your Aladdin device press the blue button of the connector and press and hold the blue button until the blue light starts flashing from the Aladdin device. Blue light indicates the activation of the device.
Q3: How do I reset my Genie Aladdin connect Garage controller?
A3: To reset the device, press and hold the blue button until the red light starts blinking, release the button if takes more than 5 seconds. Then change the settings in the WiFi configuration mode and you are ready to reset your Aladdin connect the device.
Q4: The app is not responding. What should I do?
A4: If you are facing an error while connecting to the app. Make sure that you have a good WiFi connection and the status of the LED lights does not flash. Check that your Aladdin device getting proper WiFi coverage in your garage. If you don’t have a good WiFi coverage then you’ll not be able to complete the setup process.
At last, if still, you are facing an issue regarding the Genie Aladdin smart home Garage connect device, you are free to contact their team. You can call them or mail them for help.